BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-01-2021, 07:30 PM   #1
twinturbovan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i M Sport Vert

Massive track spec splitter for my 135i

So I originally purchased Aeuroplugs Carbon Fiber Splitter. Although it was very nice and high quality, it got cracked by things hitting the gapped part of the lower front bumper and started to chip and crack. I went through 3 of them til I finally got tired of paying $300 each time for a splitter. Don't get me wrong the quality is there but for my driving i needed something stronger especially since I daily and track my car. If i do any kind of street racing with how low my car sits the front end rubs and you can hear the splitter scraping on track not so much. I finally decided to get in contact with a local fabricator and we made a simple replica of the Aeuroplug Splitter out of aluminum. It came out great. However after a couple of years of driving the same issue occurred in the same spots but no cracks just some bent metal. Now that income allows me to, I've decided to go more aggressive. Today I got with my fabricator and we created a design similar to Feras Quartoumys' Corvette Monster but a little more 135i suitable and not so aggressive. We will be using 14 Gauge Galvanized Metal which is much thicker than carbon fiber and the original aluminum splitter we had made. Like there's no comparison especially in cost. However it does add some weight to the car instead of using carbon which costs to much and cracks and chips it should serve an actual purpose and add down force while looking aggressive. Here is some before and installed photos of the original aluminum splitter we made using Aeuroplugs splitter and you can see the damage on both spots and the cracks and a rough draft of the new splitter being made and a photo of Feras Vette just because I love it so much and its my inspiration. We have plans on making an aggressive rear bumper diffuser in the future and I also will be buying an RS Future Track Spec Wing. I know most don't understand why anyone would want to track or seriously build a vert. But just being in my car is a rush. I put down 469rwhp and 610 lbs ft trq to the rear wheels on stock turbos and when the top is down it feels like a roller coaster. A lot of suspension M3 parts are coming to. Tell me if you have any thoughts or ideas or comments in general.

Last edited by twinturbovan; 10-01-2021 at 07:38 PM..
Appreciate 0