Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Congrats! Drive it!
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2020, 07:11 AM   #25
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Awesome! Welcome to the club 😎

Pic? Story? Where did you pick it up from?
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2020, 06:01 PM   #26
Cogitoergosum
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M

Bought from the US north east remotely and had it shipped to California. Remote purchase process during the Pandemic was an interesting one. Ideally I'd have flown out there myself and driven it back (in doing so, putting more miles on the car than the car had done in each year of its ownership(!)). But, I ended up shipping the car. Trusting the seller was of course key. He is a stand up guy and we did a lot of talking and video calls. But as an additional layer of safety, I got a PPI done and before I sent the money, I also used a remote notary to confirm he lived where he said he did and that he had the original title in hand. It's actually a neat process I'll use again. Not sure if anyone else has done that?

The car is super clean, bone stock, and for a records geek like me, it's got all the paperwork I could want. Bought from the first owner.

Getting used to driving it has been fun. It makes some interesting noises; from the turbos and wastegates; from the clunky drivetrain (the "clacks" per the supplementary manual); and of course, from the low fuel warning chime, which I hear a lot(!) (ahem, 17.5mpg under my ownership).
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
///BYU268.50