BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-18-2020, 02:44 PM   #1
pmaxcslt
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Comfort Access question

My comfort access doesn't work. I have replaced the cars battery and the battery on the fob. The car starts with the fob in the slot .... I have had it lock the doors via the fob 2 times in the last 3 months but it will not unlock. I am pretty sure its the module in the trunk that is the problem. I have hit the button next to the antennae in the trunk and get no response. I am looking to find the location of the module in the trunk so i can source one. Can someone post a pic or give me an exact location for the module. 2009 E88 135i Vert. Please and thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 03:28 PM   #2
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaxcslt View Post
My comfort access doesn't work. I have replaced the cars battery and the battery on the fob. The car starts with the fob in the slot .... I have had it lock the doors via the fob 2 times in the last 3 months but it will not unlock. I am pretty sure its the module in the trunk that is the problem. I have hit the button next to the antennae in the trunk and get no response. I am looking to find the location of the module in the trunk so i can source one. Can someone post a pic or give me an exact location for the module. 2009 E88 135i Vert. Please and thank you!
There's a bunch of threads on this in various forums on here. Do a quick search for "comfort access module" and you'll see. Common problem is for water to get into the module and burn it out. Usually a bad taillight seal or something. It's in a bad position for that.

I simply found a replacement on ebay and swapped it. It's located in my car (128i coupe) behind the trunk liner underneath where the storage cubby is on the passenger side. You need to remove the liner...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 03:33 PM   #3
pmaxcslt
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I have searched ... and there are lots of posts for other platforms haven't seen it for the 1 vert and i want to make sure i get it correct.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 05:09 PM   #4
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaxcslt View Post
I have searched ... and there are lots of posts for other platforms haven't seen it for the 1 vert and i want to make sure i get it correct.
Here you go, RealOEM.com seems to show it's in the same place in your car (passenger side rear corner in the trunk, under the liner, under the storage shelf):
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=61_1718

It's #1 in the diagram

I assumed model year 2010 for you, but should be the same regardless. It's not hard to take off the trunk liner, worst case you spend an hour taking out the liner and putting it back, but you'll be able to see the module if it's there...
Appreciate 0