BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-22-2016, 01:59 AM   #1
langstro
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Anyone here familiar with Directech Interface Modules?

So, I have my 2011 128i Coupe in the shop the get an alarm installed and for those of you who know, this year/model did not come with pre-wiring. Everything went well with the installation as far as lights flashing, alarm sounds good, problem is, the door locks are not responding. Installed a Directech Interface Module so that I can use the factory key fobs to arm and disarm the vehicle, lock/unlock, etc...

Anyways, the module uses can bus wiring to communicate with the door locks and they just won't respond. Installer can't figure out why, he's used up pretty much all his available resources, contact the company to download the latest firmware, still nothing.

I had it in the shop for 2 days, had to get it out of the shop and put it back in my garage till the storm blows over this weekend, ( l live in the Mid-Atlantic region, blizzard on the way), than next week I'm taking it back in and hopefully they found a solution.

If anyone has any recommendations, please feel free to reply to this post, Thanks.
Appreciate 0