BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-22-2016, 08:20 PM   #1
smrtypants44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

CIC Nav Questions

So this might have been discussed ad nauseam, but I recently bought a '12 135i and I have an irritating issue with the CIC nav (coming from my vw which did some things better but some things worse).

My main pet peeve is the Zip Codes. Its extremely irritating to have to know the zip code of the address you are trying to find all the time. I should be able to just put in the name of the road then the number, then the nav give me a list of destinations to choose from.

I got a 2015 maps update to see if maybe it would fix this, but no such luck. I test drove a 2016 x3 with my dad, and noticed that the nav imput doesnt ask for a zip code anymore.

So is there a nav "software update" that will eliminate this irritating requirement? Or am i stuck with either knowing the zip code all the time, or searching for the address on the bmw app and sending it to the car?
      01-22-2016, 10:50 PM   #2
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I haven't ever needed to input the zip code when using the factory Nav system. It starts with the state and then goes from there. My car is a 2013 and I haven't updated the Nav maps since buying the car new.

BTW, I've ditched the factory Nav and am using a better system which displays Waze on the Nav screen.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 12:07 AM   #3
nacaruh
FOUO
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

You can try doing the latest navigation update. There's someone on the forums here that'll do it for $50 (FSC Code), download the map pack, and then update it using USB.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #4
smrtypants44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecaf View Post
You can try doing the latest navigation update. There's someone on the forums here that'll do it for $50 (FSC Code), download the map pack, and then update it using USB.
I already have the 2016 maps No change. Here is an example of the issue. I want to find an address on harvard ave in tulsa. I type in the state then city, then i put in harvard. This is the list it gives me:

So i have to select which zip code my address falls under before even entering the address number. The irritating thing is, that these are all the same street, putting in the address number would narrow it down for me already. There is no way to select just harvard, you have to pick one of the zip codes. So why do I need to know the zip of every address i want?