BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-31-2018, 07:15 PM   #1453
mfindigital
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin_rsv4 View Post
That's great to hear! I'll most likely be installing the VRSF downpipe as well. I'm slightly concerned about it being too loud as I already have the PE with res delete but oh well

Since you're going stage2 I'm assuming you have a upgraded intercooler no?
Would you recommend the VRSF IC?
I am not doing the intercooler just yet, but I am going with the ARM intercooler.

https://www.armmotorsports.com/N54-N...p/335-fmic.htm

I rarely have a chance to get on the car hard, 80% of it's life is spent in bumper to bumper traffic on the 10 going to and from Santa Monica, until I get time to buy a Prius. From what I've heard Stage 2 is fine on the stock intercooler unless you are getting on it for extended amounts of time. With the sport button off I'd assume boost level are pretty similar to Stage 1 in sport mode. Mid range torque is incredible with the VRSF DP btw, spent the majority of Angeles Crest in 4th gear, never felt like I was out of the power band.

I spent two hours in Angeles Crest today (office closed for the day) and my temps ventured about 5 degrees above the mid 250 degree tick. I wouldn't run up there on stage 2 without the IC. I'm probably going to source a Dinan oil cooler as well. I monitor with MHD so I'm not terribly worried about temps yet.
      09-01-2018, 10:53 PM   #1454
Twisted Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by YearOneOne View Post
Take a look at this https://datazap.me/u/bheat/check-825?log=0&data=4-21 any idea why the dip in rail pressure and little dip in boost at the beginning of the run? Everything else seems fine.

i would update to the latest release. Added safeties and boost target limits on the latest maps. Late E HPFP is a bit weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divbetic View Post
Flashed my first stage 1 map over the weekend and also took some time to upgrade my charge pipe to VRSF. If anyone could take a look at this log for me that would be awesome. Overall I don't feel much of a difference vs the ppk I came from but I do notice my boost staying in double digits longer as I climb through the revs.
https://datazap.me/u/divbetic/stage-...=0&data=4-5-12
Thanks,
Zach

looks like a boost leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by csween86 View Post
Can anyone explain to me what "clear other module codes" clears out exactly? I get what "clear dme codes" does, but just wonder how they differ.

clear other modules IE- abs, trans, and so on and so forth.
www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
justin@twistedtuning.com
IG: twisted_tuning
Appreciate 2
      09-10-2018, 08:26 PM   #1455
greenc51
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I know a bit off topic....but I'm considering a pure turbo stage 2 upgrade for my n55. Is it possible to get a custom mhd tune for it?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 01:35 AM   #1456
WeekendWarriorz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenc51 View Post
I know a bit off topic....but I'm considering a pure turbo stage 2 upgrade for my n55. Is it possible to get a custom mhd tune for it?
Yes, hit up Twisted tuning or wedge performance
Appreciate 1
greenc51102.50

09-11-2018, 12:40 PM   #1457
onedubdub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: mk4 r32 | AW 135i

what mileage interval is recommended for changing spark plugs? I'm at ~15k miles of being tuned on mine. Also, any negative side effects to using 1 step colder NGK plugs for a stage 2+ tune?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 06:40 PM   #1458
Twisted Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenc51 View Post
definitely. Feel to hit me up via email. or just go directly to my website in the BMW section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedubdub View Post
what mileage interval is recommended for changing spark plugs? I'm at ~15k miles of being tuned on mine. Also, any negative side effects to using 1 step colder NGK plugs for a stage 2+ tune?
I change mine every 8-10k
www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
justin@twistedtuning.com
IG: twisted_tuning
Appreciate 1
greenc51102.50

09-19-2018, 06:59 PM   #1459
inevitab1e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N55 E82 135is FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tuning View Post
definitely. Feel to hit me up via email. or just go directly to my website in the BMW section.
Looks like your late E-series N55 custom tune is 'unavailable' for purchase on your website. Currently running the BEF+JB4. Stick with a BEF custom tune or full tune for better performance/driveability?
Appreciate 0