BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #1
Mandinca
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E88 and 2016 F85

Need to borrow a injector seal toolkit

As the title says, I'm buying some used injectors and they need new seals. Does anyone in here have the toolkit for removing and replacing the seals with the compression rings ?
      08-09-2018, 05:45 AM   #2
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandinca View Post
As the title says, I'm buying some used injectors and they need new seals. Does anyone in here have the toolkit for removing and replacing the seals with the compression rings ?
Where are you at?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 07:52 AM   #3
Mandinca
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Where are you at?
Waterbury, CT
      08-09-2018, 07:55 AM   #4
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Waterbury, CT
How soon do you need it? I have one I am still using right now. Still putting my motor back together. I'd have to mail it which would take a few days (Long island) once I am done with it (another week or so).

This is the schwaben tool for replacing the seals... not the puller tool.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 07:59 AM   #5
Mandinca
Lieutenant
Rep

I have an injector puller, just need the tool for removing the old seal, putting the new one on then the "resizing" rings. I can wait.
Maybe you know the answer to this :
I plan to flash MHD 2+, have catless DP, BOV, FMIC upgrade. If I flash it I read that this is where problems are exposed, weaknesses. Assuming I flash it, what is the worst thing that will happen ? Multiple misfires under WOT ? Can it be driven "calmly" until I get the issues fixed ? Or....can I just flash it back to stock and the problems hide again or is the damage done per se. Any idea ?
      08-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #6
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I have an injector puller, just need the tool for removing the old seal, putting the new one on then the "resizing" rings. I can wait.
Maybe you know the answer to this :
I plan to flash MHD 2+, have catless DP, BOV, FMIC upgrade. If I flash it I read that this is where problems are exposed, weaknesses. Assuming I flash it, what is the worst thing that will happen ? Multiple misfires under WOT ? Can it be driven "calmly" until I get the issues fixed ? Or....can I just flash it back to stock and the problems hide again or is the damage done per se. Any idea ?
Well think about it... tuning for more power means more fuel is needed. This means more flow from the fuel pumps, more flow from the injectors, and more energy from the ignition system to spark it (coils, plugs, etc...).

If any of those items are worn badly then asking them to do more may result in the tune not running well. Plugs and coils are maintenance items. However, you don't just go replacing parts on a car unless something is wrong or is really convenient at the time to save labor. Unless of course you like throwing money away...

Flash the tune and get some good logs. Use the logs/codes to determine what you need to do and not ask people on forums lol. If you are asking for an injector tool then I am guessing you already have some codes or an on-going issue and I'd personally take care of that before trying to make more power.

Last edited by bbnks2; 08-10-2018 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #7
Mandinca
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Well think about it... tuning for more power means more fuel is needed. This means more flow from the fuel pumps, more flow from the injectors, and more energy from the ignition system to spark it (coils, plugs, etc...).

If any of those items are worn badly then asking them to do more may result in the tune not running well. Plugs and coils are maintenance items. However, you don't just go replacing parts on a car unless something is wrong or is really convenient at the time to save labor. Unless of course you like throwing money away...

Flash the tune and get some good logs. Use the logs/codes to determine what you need to do and not ask people on forums lol. If you are asking for an injector tool then I am guessing you already have some codes or an on-going issue and I'd personally take care of that before trying to make more power.
Point taken :-) I had moved the coil and the misfire followed it - which is odd because in the past it didn't. Anyway, I replaced that coil pack and flashed the tune - no codes so far. However, it doesn't feel right. The low end acceleration just feels a bit jumpy and the powerband is kind of the same. I did a DIY walnut blast on Saturday and that made it a bit better but it's still not right. Would you recommend sending logs to MHD ?