BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-05-2011, 07:08 AM   #45
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

I just got a mail from my dealer. Shes managed to organise the colour of the car that I wanted... she still doesnt know the spec and when It will come.

I guess its one of the 13 you guys talked about.... when do you think we would see them in SA?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #46
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryGP View Post
I just got a mail from my dealer. Shes managed to organise the colour of the car that I wanted... she still doesnt know the spec and when It will come.

I guess its one of the 13 you guys talked about.... when do you think we would see them in SA?
Maybe late June, July at the latest
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #47
dossantr
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyman View Post
Maybe late June, July at the latest
All certified M dealers will be the first to receive their allocations. That is one car per dealer. The certified M dealers that achieved their M targets in 2010 will receive an additional allocation. That additional allocation will be speced cars from BMW SA. These speced cars will be fully loaded with extras.
Allocation as follows:
May.......13
Jun........13
Jul..........5
Aug........6
Sep........7
Oct.........5
Nov.........8
Dec........7
Production total for SA 64
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #48
ghusheshe
135 Addict
South Africa
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossantr View Post
All certified M dealers will be the first to receive their allocations. That is one car per dealer. The certified M dealers that achieved their M targets in 2010 will receive an additional allocation. That additional allocation will be speced cars from BMW SA. These speced cars will be fully loaded with extras
Allocation as follows:
May.......13
Jun........13
Jul..........5
Aug........6
Sep........7
Oct.........5
Nov.........8
Dec........7
Production total for SA 64
I didnt get the part about "That additional allocation will be speced cars from BMW SA, These speced cars will be fully loaded with extras" in the bulletin

Is this confirmed somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #49
dossantr
South Africa
Rep

Not confirmed on the bulletin but BMW SA does this to give customers that have not ordered a car a chance to get one. These prices can go up to R650 000 with all the extras.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #50
ghusheshe
135 Addict
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Not confirmed on the bulletin but BMW SA does this to give customers that have not ordered a car a chance to get one. These prices can go up to R650 000 with all the extras.
that sucks big time..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #51
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

I am number one on the list and i am still getting a speced car. This therefore wont be one of the additional allocations. Do you this it will still be a fully speced machine.... That really would suck R650k ouch. you can get a M3 nowadays for that price due to the discounts now given...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #52
dossantr
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
I am number one on the list and i am still getting a speced car. This therefore wont be one of the additional allocations. Do you this it will still be a fully speced machine.... That really would suck R650k ouch. you can get a M3 nowadays for that price due to the discounts now given...
If you are no.1 on the list then you must wait for the car that you have speced. The speced car that your M dealer is getting is the one BMW SA speced for them. I'm sure that they met their M target last year so that is the extra allocation they are getting. If it is a BMW SA spec car believe me it will have plenty of extras.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #53
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
If you are no.1 on the list then you must wait for the car that you have speced. The speced car that your M dealer is getting is the one BMW SA speced for them. I'm sure that they met their M target last year so that is the extra allocation they are getting. If it is a BMW SA spec car believe me it will have plenty of extras.
This is what puzzles me ive been told that I cant spec my car, yet I am number 1 and my dealer is a big M dealer. I think I need to phone a few other dealers...

Just checked my mail. I have been given my spec... R571k --- no auto air con. At least its not fully loaded... comming in July

Last edited by jerryGP; 05-05-2011 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 01:53 AM   #54
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
I think their are 51 BMW dealers in South Africa and that 16 of these are M delaers so the 3 poorest performing M dealers will only get 1 car...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 02:13 AM   #55
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
This is what puzzles me ive been told that I cant spec my car, yet I am number 1 and my dealer is a big M dealer. I think I need to phone a few other dealers...

Just checked my mail. I have been given my spec... R571k --- no auto air con. At least its not fully loaded... comming in July
The first cars that come are prespecced so if you want your spec then may be worth asking your dealer to get their second allocation and have their no. 2 take the first car
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 03:42 AM   #56
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyman View Post
The first cars that come are prespecced so if you want your spec then may be worth asking your dealer to get their second allocation and have their no. 2 take the first car
I wouldnt take a chance like that. I got the colour I want VO and I got bluetooth,PDC and HI-FI. I didnt need bluetooth I would have liked Auto air-con jsut because the knob does look like a E36 aircon.

So what colours did you guy go for???

Last edited by jerryGP; 05-06-2011 at 04:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 04:26 AM   #57
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
I wouldnt take a chance like that. I got the colour I want VO and I got bluetooth,PDC and HI-FI. I didnt need bluetooth I would have liked Auto air-con jsut because the knob dont look like a E36 aircon.

So what colours did you guy go for???
I am going for AW with Hi-Fi, Bluetooth and Auto AC, wouldnt be traumatised if i got a VO car but really want Hi-Fi, Bluetooth and Auto AC, had the manual controls in my 120 cab and didnt like the look of them
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 04:49 AM   #58
dossantr
South Africa
Rep

Quote:

Why pay so much money for something you did not ask for. A car of that price should have auto aircon. Rather wait for what you asked for. I know you excited to get your car in July but rather wait. it's worth it. You might regret it later. If you are no.1 at your dealer then you will get the spec car that you ordered when the allocation comes out for it.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 07:08 AM   #59
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Why pay so much money for something you did not ask for. A car of that price should have auto aircon. Rather wait for what you asked for. I know you excited to get your car in July but rather wait. it's worth it. You might regret it later. If you are no.1 at your dealer then you will get the spec car that you ordered when the allocation comes out for it.
I was told that they are only getting one car and this is it. It is already in the status of build complete. There is no allocation for me to wait for. being only 64, it means that I cant be picky or ill get nothing.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #60
ghusheshe
135 Addict
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
I was told that they are only getting one car and this is it. It is already in the status of build complete. There is no allocation for me to wait for. being only 64, it means that I cant be picky or ill get nothing.
Guys I had a chat to my dealer sales manager and this is what is going to happen.

There 51 BMW dealers in SA, of those only 16 are M certified and 35 non M certified.

The first allocation will be for the top 13 perfoming dealers, plus an additinal allocation for them. So the top 13 performing M certified dealers will get 2 cars totaling 26 cars.

The bottom 3 M certified dealers will get one car each bringing the total to 29 cars.

That will leave the non M certifed dealers (51 - 16) 35 of them a car each which will be pre specced. Thats my understanding.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #61
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

My dealer just called, my car is going into build imminently and finalising order on Monday! Only question is do i go VO instead of AW and do I go for PDC or not????

Last edited by foxyman; 05-06-2011 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #62
ghusheshe
135 Addict
South Africa
Rep

Lucky bugger.. Damn congrats..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #63
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

my car is a June build, I could take a specced car in Black for earlier delivery
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #64
ghusheshe
135 Addict
South Africa
Rep

Foxyman, what's the spec for the BSM? Do you know.,
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #65
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghusheshe View Post
Foxyman, what's the spec for the BSM? Do you know.,
Have sent an email asking for it, am going in first thing on monday to spec my car so will find out then at the latest....
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #66
ghusheshe
135 Addict
South Africa
Rep

I have been told the reason why BMWSA is selling pre specced cars is because they want to make as much money as they can on options. With limited number of cars, they won't make much profit so they are putting options upfront to maximize profits.

This is against the new Consumer protection Act I'm told, them selling us specs we don't want on a new car.
Appreciate 0