BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-19-2023, 10:37 AM   #1
jasonrraynor
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Convertible

Building My Custom 1er Cabrio

So today I logged into this forum to announce my plans on what I believe (it's a bias opinion) is one of the coolest 1er builds. I want to not only leave some natural aspect but incorporate my own ideas.

Step 1: Convert beige and wood interior to black and glacier silver. Including little details in alum. and alcantara shift and e brake boots. LED swap all interior lights. Bucket seats to match black.

Step 2. Rebuild N52 and auto trans to allow for forged internals, equipped with a ESS belt driven turbo bolt on kit, open headers, full titanium quad exhaust, full cat delete. Stage 3 manifold, washer fluid delete, alum. coolant expansion tank, alum. oil filter cap., alum valve cover.

Step 3. Add 1M wide fenders without M logo cutout, Matching Skirts, Rear Quarter wider fender, with a M series rear bumper to allow room for the quad exhaust (mentioned above) M series front bumper without fog lights so it can be used as a brake cooling duct.

Step 4. Re-paint the entire car A52 Space Grey like it is originally, and add carbon splitter, and diffuser. I will also be replacing the hood with a carbon hood without washer fluid jets.

Step 5. All upgraded suspension, alum/carbon skid plates, Braided brake lines, Brembo brake kit with slotted rotors. BBS LM or E88 Wheels in silver with Continental Extreme Contact Tires.

Photos can be found here
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 3
      08-19-2023, 08:38 PM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

That sounds like quite the project! Are you going to put that up on YouTube?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2023, 12:21 AM   #3
..Rush..
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E88

Can't wait.
Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 06:36 AM   #4
twinturbovan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i M Sport Vert

You should look at my threads bro!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 08:00 AM   #5
scratchgolf135
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: alpine white 135i

It sounds like you need to do more research on the 1m conversion which has been done MANY times (including myself). If you’re going to actual 1m (wider) body work and planning to use oem front fenders, you’ll be using an oem 1m front bumper, not an aftermarket rep bumper. As such, there is not and never was a 1m oem bumper with fog light slots. The 1m bumper has ducts specifically for heat exchangers (oil cooler and aux rad). I suppose you could opt to not use any heat exchangers with your n52 and instead use those for brake cooling but an oil cooler at the very least is way more important than brake cooling.
This is all just to say that the verbiage you’re using on point 3 indicates that you may not have the info you need to properly plan this stage of your build. Many good threads out there so plenty of info.
FWIW the 1m front bumper is designed very well for ducting to heat exchangers. I'm running dual Setrab oil coolers and am in the process of molding out some carbon ducts to mate to the new (larger than stock) units.

Last edited by scratchgolf135; 08-22-2023 at 08:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 07:38 PM   #6
jasonrraynor
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
That sounds like quite the project! Are you going to put that up on YouTube?
I haven't really considered it.
Appreciate 0