BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-04-2024, 06:03 PM   #1
80_Mark
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

CIC Delete

I am mulling a cic nav and idrive delete. My 128i is a 2009 with idrive, nav and hifi sound. It works fine but would rather not have a big vintage computer staring at me since this is my fun, nostalgia bmw.

My car is a manual m sport so I’d like to avoid cutting any wires, I want everything to be reversible.

Based on my research I can do the following but hopefully someone can chime in and validate that this works
  • Replace cic head unit with hifi Professional unit. These seem to have the same input as the cic unit. I’m thinking a 2010+ one because they come SiriusXM ready.
  • Replace center console with non idrive unit
  • Replace massive hole in my dash from the screen with a storage box that was only available in Europe.
  • Admittedly, I have never coded though I am pretty tech savvy. Would be helpful to know what needs to be modified to go from cic to professional hifi

Feedback appreciated.
Appreciate 0