BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
smpeck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Coupe (E92)

Convertible - Dash/Windshield Creaking, Popping, Cracking Sounds

Well the summer heat is upon us here in Florida. On hot days (i.e. every day now!) I've noticed a lot of noise coming from the dash and the interior plastic pieces surrounding the windshield. Seems like these plastics are expanding and causing all kinds of popping, creaking, and cracking sounds, when driving or even standing still at a stop light.

This is kind of a big disappointment for me with the 135i convertible, since interior noises tend to drive me crazy. I've owned two Toyota convertibles and neither made these kinds of noises (and come to think of it, they each cost about half as much as this BMW).

I guess I can take it in for service... but I'm pretty sure I will hear the old "unable to reproduce the noise" excuse from the service department.

Anyway, has anyone had similar interior noise issues and had any success with their service department resolving them?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
shodanusmc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135 Vert

only noise I had was a rattle from the side passanger windows with the top down and the windows up. It has been resolved when they replaced the rear window regulator...now no noise, but again, it has not been real hot yet in Chicago. Today we are at a balmy 65 and rain. You have to take them for a ride and make sure they hear the noise before you leave the car. Once they hear it, no excuse. Sometimes it is as simple as readjusting a pillar or trim piece.....
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

Yup plenty of creaking around the a-pillars. Just insert a business car in the crack where the dash meets the a-pillar and see if that helps.
Appreciate 0