BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-13-2020, 03:07 PM   #1
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Gyeon Q2 Iron Wheel Cleaner Review. EXCELLENT!

I bought a Gyeon Rim Pro Kit and posted about that in another thread: Here

In the kit came a bottle of this Iron but since the wheels were brand new, I tossed the bottle in my box-o-detailing stuff.

Product: Gyeon Q2M Iron

I decided to give it a try on an old beat set of Style 43 snow wheels and tires just to see how it worked. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics at all until after I realized how well it worked... It stripped SO much off I decided to use it on the stock Style 207 wheels. These wheels are 7 years old and were actually pretty well maintained on the outside but the barrels were like any BMW's barrels... caked with brake dust! I did 2 applications of the Iron for the barrels and 1 application for the faces. I used a small plastic brush to scrub them as best I could each time.

FAIR WARNING: THIS STUFF STINKS! Ever go with your gram to the hair parlor for a perm? It smells like that in a bottle.

I didn't document the original state of the wheels yet again but this image is after the SECOND application. The first application was BLEEDING purple.

After the second scrub and rinse, the barrels came out really nice! And the faces were also nice and clean! It did a good job of getting in the crevices that the brush couldn't really get to.

I am going to use the rest of the bottle on a set of lightly rusty calipers that are coming off the car soon. I'm also going to try it as a claybar lubricant on my wife's rail-dust-ridden white '14 RAV4.

Its a few $ more expensive than Chemical Guys Iron and it worked better than the Sonax I just finished up.

Overall, I will be buying another bottle, probably the 1L one to save a few $$.
Appreciate 3