BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
applecello
Rep
Drives: Sold my BMW's for now...

kuda mount in 1 series for GPS?

Has anyone installed either of the two kuda mounts for the 1-series in their car? Im curious to get impressions from an actual user before i buy it...

looks like a clean way mount a Nuvi or TomTom.

http://www.kudausa.com/kuda_mount_an...008-3-588.html

Here is a thread from northamericanmotoring (mini forums) showing the install in some minis.

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...d.php?t=126965

Patrick
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
uofmtiger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I had one in my E90 and would not hesitate buying one for my 135i. The thing I liked about it was the fact that any cables (and the Myfi had 3) could be routed under the unit and were nearly invisible. They also had a perfect match to the beige in my old car.

Here is a pic:

I did notice that the 135i mounts up higher, so it may or may not be possible to run the wires in such a way that they are invisible. I wish it was mounted lower like it is in the 3 series, but it may be possible to run them in the crevice next to the glove compartment.
Appreciate 0