BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
amurph182
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

placed order today!

Ordered a Jet Black 135i, blackette, sports and cold weather packages.

$600 over invoice, BMW of Arlington, VA.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
m_thompson
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M-Sport 128i, 328xi, 3.0CS

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
1972 3.0CS  [10.00]
If you have an iPod or iPhone you should really think about the 6FL iPos/USB adapter.

$600 over invoice is a really good deal.
      03-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
blklacker
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

curious why did you choose sport over M-sport edition??

-135i BSM, CRBL ,custom front lip/Indianapolis red fade, blacked out tail lights/corner headlights, golf tee, BMS Air intake, SSTT, CF spoiler,Powdered coated OEM rims gunmetal high gloss,custom Rear diffuser Black/Indianapolis red fade
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
singular
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i ppk cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by amurph182 View Post
Ordered a Jet Black 135i, blackette, sports and cold weather packages.

$600 over invoice, BMW of Arlington, VA.
Congratulations! The long wait begins...

I ordered mine Dec 18th. Just took delivery four days ago.

Can't get the stupid grin off my face.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
AtomiK
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Around

Start reading a very long book, as this is going to be a very lengthy wait.

The average wait is about 8-9 weeks. I ordered mine on the first week of January and I took delivery today.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #6
amurph182
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

actually, I'll be taking delivery in mid April. They had an allocation for almost immediate production. Score!!!!!

As far as sport vs msport, I like the msport wheels, but I'm not OMGCRAZY about them. And after sitting in a car with anthracite headliner, it was a bit too black inside.

re: ipod option...I don't mind manually flipping through the ipod and after trying out the ipod option I didn't find it to be that big of a deal.

can't wait to get my car. As far as the price goes...they showed me MSRP, I asked if they charged a MACO fee. They said no. I countered with invoice+500, and they came back with invoice+1000. I counter-countered with invoice+750 but when they showed me their invoice sheet and it included a $200 MACO I told them I felt mislead and wanted invoice+550, and they agreed to +600. Score. I couldn't have done that deal without the info I learned here on 1addicts. Thanks everyone!

Sorry for any typos or poor grammar...I'm a bit drunk att the moment.

Last edited by amurph182; 03-27-2009 at 08:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #7
amurph182
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

from the automated info line...

VEHICLE PRODUCTION COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!! and waiting to be released to the carrier.

BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was quick. I can't FREAKING WAIT to get my car!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 04:58 AM   #8
bahn stormer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT, 65 MGB

What is a MACO fee?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
amurph182
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahn stormer View Post
What is a MACO fee?
it's an advertising fee that BMW charges to some dealerships and not others. If you search on it you'll find better info. Some dealers have no MACO fees, some have them as specific items on the sticker, and some have them included in the invoice price. For my purchase, the salesman told me there was no MACO fee and then when his invoice price didn't match up to mine and he showed me his invoice I saw it included so I used our "misunderstanding" to my benefit.

update: car is on the dock as of yesterday morning. I believe TAMESIS sails today so I don't know if I'll get on the boat or not. If I miss it, INTEGRITY leaves Bremerhaven on the 31st. Hopefully I won't have to wait for a third ship!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
singular
Captain
Rep

I really don't know why everyone is so obsessed by MACO and the training fee. Figure out what you want to pay, express it as invoice +- $$$ and offer it to the dealer as the bottom line, all fees included. Let the dealer work out how to account for MACO and the training fee and don't question them. If they want to do the deal at the bottom line price you are offering - they will find a way, and who cares how they justify it?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
sendkcone
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M Coupe

Exactly.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #12
amurph182
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by singular View Post
I really don't know why everyone is so obsessed by MACO and the training fee. Figure out what you want to pay, express it as invoice +- $$$ and offer it to the dealer as the bottom line, all fees included. Let the dealer work out how to account for MACO and the training fee and don't question them. If they want to do the deal at the bottom line price you are offering - they will find a way, and who cares how they justify it?
In my case, I figured out the invoice price of the car and added $500 for their profit, then taxes and fees, etc, to come up with the Out-The-Door price that I wanted to pay. This was $X.

When I went to the dealership, they offered me the car at some rediculous number and I said, "well, I was thinking more along the lines of $X." He said, "what about invoice+$1k?". I asked for the total price, with everything included, and he showed me a number that was much higher than my numbers+1000+additional tax. So I countered with invoice +750, since this was actually my bottom line, take it or leave it figure. He agreed, but his final out the door price was still higher than mine. I asked if they had any additional fees tacked on that I didn't know about and he said no. I asked specifically about a MACO fee, and he said no. So then I asked to see the actual invoice, and right there on the invoice was a charge from BMW for MACO.

I didn't care about MACO, what I cared about was that we were both making offers based on invoice price, but his invoice price was higher than the price I was working from and when I asked about the specific fee I was given a misleading answer. To me, that was worth getting another couple hundred knocked off the price and he agreed.

Now, to be clear, I don't think the CA was trying to mislead me, I think he just deals with "invoice price" every single day, and in his case that invoice includes a fee that doesn't end up on the sticker. Besides this misunderstanding the guy was awesome and I'd definitely go back to him.

Yeah, I could have just offered $X and when they said no said "oh well" and been on my way. But the place is right down the street from my house, they have a good loaner program if you buy your car there, and in the end the extra $100 I paid over my original offer is worth the freakin' convenience. Not to mention the fact that the guy got me a damn near immediate build date, ordered on the 7th and built on the 19th, and another dealership that I spoke with was telling me I'd be lucky to get it in two months.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
amurph182
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

on the mf'ing ship!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #14
singular
Captain
Rep

Quote:
In my case, I figured out the invoice price of the car and added $500 for their profit, then taxes and fees, etc, to come up with the Out-The-Door price that I wanted to pay. This was $X.

When I went to the dealership, they offered me the car at some rediculous number and I said, "well, I was thinking more along the lines of $X." He said, "what about invoice+$1k?". I asked for the total price, with everything included, and he showed me a number that was much higher than my numbers+1000+additional tax. So I countered with invoice +750, since this was actually my bottom line, take it or leave it figure. He agreed, but his final out the door price was still higher than mine. I asked if they had any additional fees tacked on that I didn't know about and he said no. I asked specifically about a MACO fee, and he said no. So then I asked to see the actual invoice, and right there on the invoice was a charge from BMW for MACO.

I didn't care about MACO, what I cared about was that we were both making offers based on invoice price, but his invoice price was higher than the price I was working from and when I asked about the specific fee I was given a misleading answer. To me, that was worth getting another couple hundred knocked off the price and he agreed.

Now, to be clear, I don't think the CA was trying to mislead me, I think he just deals with "invoice price" every single day, and in his case that invoice includes a fee that doesn't end up on the sticker. Besides this misunderstanding the guy was awesome and I'd definitely go back to him.

Yeah, I could have just offered $X and when they said no said "oh well" and been on my way. But the place is right down the street from my house, they have a good loaner program if you buy your car there, and in the end the extra $100 I paid over my original offer is worth the freakin' convenience. Not to mention the fact that the guy got me a damn near immediate build date, ordered on the 7th and built on the 19th, and another dealership that I spoke with was telling me I'd be lucky to get it in two months.
Sounds like in the end you got what you wanted and that's all that matters. Enjoy your 1er!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #15
amurph182
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by singular View Post
Sounds like in the end you got what you wanted and that's all that matters. Enjoy your 1er!
can't.

f'ing.

wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 03:07 PM   #16
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
on the mf'ing ship!!!!
Did it say it was on the ship when you called the 1-800 number or was there a different way you found out?! Cause I think I ordered my car the same day as you and I just tried callin and it is saying my car is still "at the port awaiting a shipping vessel"
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #17
pit1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

amurph - congrats...and double that for a short wait. I can see BMW of Arlington from my office window, imagine I could've seen the shine of your smiling face that day.

I'll certainly see ya around...office is adjacent to the Crystal City Hyatt.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 04:34 PM   #18
amurph182
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82 View Post
Did it say it was on the ship when you called the 1-800 number or was there a different way you found out?! Cause I think I ordered my car the same day as you and I just tried callin and it is saying my car is still "at the port awaiting a shipping vessel"
status on phone the last few days was the same as yours, and then this afternoon it changed to "in transit"..on the website it changed to "en route"
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #19
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
status on phone the last few days was the same as yours, and then this afternoon it changed to "in transit"..on the website it changed to "en route"
I just tried callin again and it still says its awaiting a shipping vessel and the website still says awaiting transport. It looks like I didn't get on the ship, unless its not updated yet (fingers crossed)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #20
TSiggs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82 View Post
I just tried callin again and it still says its awaiting a shipping vessel and the website still says awaiting transport. It looks like I didn't get on the ship, unless its not updated yet (fingers crossed)
Do we have a line cutter in our midst??? I'm still waiting to get on a vessel too.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 10:42 PM   #21
Arizona_Steve
Driving 'Mr Car Car'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW BMW M2

Just call your CA - the 1-800 number seems to be hopelessly out of date when it come to telling if your car is on a ship.

Getting my 1er Saturday or Monday... can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 04:17 AM   #22
bahn stormer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT, 65 MGB

Quote:

Do you think that this dealership / CA were easy to deal with? That is probably a 1.5 hour drive for me, but if this guy will match a deal without a fight I would gladly make the trip. Basically I am asking for a name and recommendation. I am also a cash buyer with no trade but would like to order.
Appreciate 0