BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-08-2020, 07:59 PM   #1
Bradley727
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Exclamation DCT Leak

I have a 2011 n55 135i with DCT w/ 30,000 kms. The car has been diagnosed with a DCT leak, and I have been quoted $2,600AUD for the repair as the DCT needs to be pulled for the fix.

It was first noticed at around 16,000 kms and I do not want to put off the repair any longer, but I am wondering if this will be a recurring issue with the car? If it is going to be a regular thing, I would not be keen on keeping the vehicle. If it is a one off or very occasional expense, then I wouldn't mind. Interested in any other people's experiences with this fault.

As a bit of background the car has been tuned with an upgraded charge pipe and intercooler. The DCT seems to be shifting fine. I do not have any warnings come up regarding the DCT.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #2
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

If they are pulling the engine for a fix, then I would assume it would be the mechatronics sleeve or harness o-ring. I had mine replaced under CPO with about 30k miles on the car, now at 100K miles and hasn't leaked from there again.

I've also not seen posts at least here about recurrence, may be a good idea to look around the other forums to see if people report it becoming an issue again.

I thought I read somewhere that the newer part is a bit larger or more robust or something than when the cars were originally built.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 05:57 AM   #3
Bradley727
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
If they are pulling the engine for a fix, then I would assume it would be the mechatronics sleeve or harness o-ring. I had mine replaced under CPO with about 30k miles on the car, now at 100K miles and hasn't leaked from there again.

I've also not seen posts at least here about recurrence, may be a good idea to look around the other forums to see if people report it becoming an issue again.

I thought I read somewhere that the newer part is a bit larger or more robust or something than when the cars were originally built.
That's encouraging that there isn't common recurrence. Will arrange to have it fixed and see how it goes.
Appreciate 0