BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-01-2019, 05:14 PM   #67
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeyal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
White Americans are the largest population on welfare.

Where shouldthey go?

BTW Illegals are not eligible for a lot of Federal aid like Welfare.
Wrong... A friend of mine just yesterday from Californica just told me a family of illegals gets 4800/month NOT including housing allowance... Please... And the Americans on welfare, well, you said it... They are Americans and the fact that they are white or black should not matter... Whites are the biggest recipients? Well, I think up to now, they are still the biggest ethnic group (around 60%)... Now, you want to go there? Let's talk incarceration... Hispanic are 16% of the population and count for 19% of the incarceration, just second to the black numbers of 13% and 40% incarcerated... Let's look after improving those numbers in our communities, fixing the inner cities problems ( by eliminating corruption - 16 or so billions in Baltimore not accounted for...etc.) so those numbers can come down before pouring more oil on the fire by overburdening the system...Anyhow, I am for looking after our countrymen and women first... I am sorry, I have children (White American) and I do care for them first and as much as I care for black American, of brownm, red, purple...etc. Am I racist? I do not think so Thank you for the civility of the post even if we disagree.
I call bullshit. Unless you can show proof, I highly doubt any family is getting 4800/month in assistance.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 05:15 PM   #68
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
I said population, not percentage.
Based on the welfare link I provided about 12.8 million are on welfare.
Whites are 38.8% of that total and blacks 39.9% so more blacks population wise are on welfare and a much larger percentage( race wise) of them is on welfare.

Looking at the .gov site the overall assistance numbers are much more shocking.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2
DonaldPump5431.00
Run Silent11132.00

08-01-2019, 09:14 PM   #69
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
ROFL. Oh really? $4800/mo in Federal Aid eh? Here's a list of what federal aid illegals are eligible for:

Emergency medical treatment under Medicaid if the individual meets the other eligibility requirements and the medical condition is not related to an organ transplant procedure.

Immunizations for immunizable diseases and testing for and treatment of symptoms of communicable diseases.

Free public education for grades K-12.

Federally subsidized school lunch and school breakfast programs for those eligible for public education under state or local law.

So, please do tell where that $4800/mo of Federal Aid comes from for those "illegals"?
Identity theft

As for the other comment of bs yes it very plausible if you report having enough kids and apply for wic, food stamps, hud, and other aid/subsidies programs for those below the minimum living income, which when your exisit here is unlawful, your identification if fraudulent what preventing you from fogging numbers in applications as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 04:11 AM   #70
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Democrats constantly cheer that "no one is above the law," yet time and time again they seem to believe that people in the country illegally do not need to follow our laws. They actually support shielding people in the country illegally from our laws. It's just another glaring example of Leftist hypocrisy. Remember that the next time you hear them claim that they believe no one is above the law.
      08-02-2019, 04:21 AM   #71
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
So, 2.5B gets spent? That gets about a quarter of a mile right?
The DOD money just ok'd by the court is in addition to what was given in the last budget bill. Homeland security says that equates to 400 miles of new wall construction. Which mean Trump fulfilled his campaign promise which can only help his reelection bid and the thought of the NPC's having Trump for another 4 four years is a true
Don't forget there were other funds reallocated that were not even challenged legally.
      08-02-2019, 04:47 AM   #72
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
The ruling was the people bringing the case had no standing...
Quote:
...there is certainly some precedent that would indicate that a private organization cannot sue the government in this sort of scenario...
These are arguably the most-relevant points in this thread topic. Allow me to quote from the SCOTUS order. Keep in mind, this order is a "concurring in part and dissenting in part" opinion by Justice Breyer.

(My emphasis added)

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...19a60_o75p.pdf

"Among the reasons is that the Government has made a sufficient showing at this stage that the plaintiffs have no cause of action to obtain review of the Acting Secretary's compliance with [laws regarding reallocating funds]."

"This case raises novel and important questions about the ability of private parties to enforce Congress' appropriations power."

THIS is the crux of this situation. These groups have no legal standing to even bring their case! This is just assholes looking gum up the works when they don't get their way. Legality and justice be damned.

Perhaps this is a good time to reflect back to the Obama era when Democrats jeered Republicans as "obstructionists" and a "do-nothing Congress." At the time, I told my liberal friends that there would be a day when it would be they that would support obstructing initiatives they didn't agree with. That day came sooner than they ever thought.
      08-03-2019, 03:37 PM   #73
Seeyal
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Saphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
I call bullshit. Unless you can show proof, I highly doubt any family is getting 4800/month in assistance.
I guess I take it on the guy's word. He told me his sister worked at Social services in SoCa, then to the immigration support center. She told him that they receive constant legal and financial support. She calculated the hands out they were getting from every corners and it amounted to that... Proof? Of course I do not have any, except that I got it from a good person I am working with on this vessel - an American with Mexican roots who does not approve of the free hands out while he is here busting his ass with us...
Run Silent11132.00

08-03-2019, 03:40 PM   #74
Seeyal
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Identity theft

As for the other comment of bs yes it very plausible if you report having enough kids and apply for wic, food stamps, hud, and other aid/subsidies programs for those below the minimum living income, which when your exisit here is unlawful, your identification if fraudulent what preventing you from fogging numbers in applications as well.
I remember a documentary where a family was counting cousins living in Mexico as legal dependents to a tune of 20-30 and no one is checking... They are just collecting and laughing at us... Bur of course, the dems are more interested in votes than solving the debt problem...
      08-05-2019, 12:21 PM   #75
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
I remember a documentary where a family was counting cousins living in Mexico as legal dependents to a tune of 20-30 and no one is checking... They are just collecting and laughing at us... Bur of course, the dems are more interested in votes than solving the debt problem...
Please tell me you don't think the Repubs are any more concerned about the debt than the Dems are....
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2019, 01:02 PM   #76
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Please tell me you don't think the Repubs are any more concerned about the debt than the Dems are....
Well....Republican politicians tell voters they are more concerned about debt then Democrat politicians do........

I also believe that Republican Voters are more concerned than Democrat Voters......

But alas....
      08-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #77
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Well....Republican politicians tell voters they are more concerned about debt then Democrat politicians do........

I also believe that Republican Voters are more concerned than Democrat Voters......

But alas....
Also considering the 10 most solvent states are republican and 8 of the 10 most indebt states are democrat run also points to democrats don't give a damn about debt.
Appreciate 1
Seeyal108.00

08-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #78
Seeyal
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I thought we were talking about illegals and the abuse of the system, unlike what was asked of me when I came here legally... The fact that I mentioned democrats is 1/ the absolute fight they pull to get the illegals to vote and 2/ the fact that with those high benefits, I highly doubt they will vote republican... As far as the debt? No side gives a damn, but that is another story...
      08-06-2019, 08:03 AM   #79
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
I thought we were talking about illegals and the abuse of the system, unlike what was asked of me when I came here legally... The fact that I mentioned democrats is 1/ the absolute fight they pull to get the illegals to vote and 2/ the fact that with those high benefits, I highly doubt they will vote republican... As far as the debt? No side gives a damn, but that is another story...
Agreed, but you singled out the Dems re: debt, so the reasonable assumption is that you feel the GOP is different. Right?

Glad we're on the same page, though.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 02:21 PM   #80
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
I remember a documentary where a family was counting cousins living in Mexico as legal dependents to a tune of 20-30 and no one is checking... They are just collecting and laughing at us...
That is a large can of worms. From medicare fraud, to food stamp fraud, social security fraud, etc, etc, to pharma, to Boeing, Lockheed, etc, the US taxpayer is getting severely ripped off at many levels.

08-06-2019, 06:45 PM   #81
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
That is a large can of worms. From medicare fraud, to food stamp fraud, social security fraud, etc, etc, to pharma, to Boeing, Lockheed, etc, the US taxpayer is getting severely ripped off at many levels.
Well technically it the chineese since we are spending their money : )
Appreciate 2