BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-18-2019, 04:51 PM   #23
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Honestly, I don't know what to say about these women, except - are they sane? Serious? Sometimes I wonder if they are on Trumps payroll. They will get him re-elected....
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
SakhirM49304.50
scostu999.50

08-18-2019, 10:51 PM   #24
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback

lazy American journalism...

The great Palestinian Hanan Ashrawi, whose group was sponsoring Tlaib's trip to the West Bank, has been denied a visit to her grandchildren in the U.S. by the Trump government. https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/u-s-...uest-1.7238219

Even the "left wing" media has declined to connect the dots.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #25
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggboy View Post
Yes, Trump is a true rino. He ran on the Republican ticket but is not a politician, he is a pragmatic business man. A. For gov spending, the Pres only signs off what is presented to him by congress, spending bills start in the house. B For foreign policy he is the best President we have had in a long time.
A. The president has tremendous influence on the budget. As a veto would have torpedoed the huge spending bill, Trumps lack of a veto shows he is just to lazy to fight this battle.
The budget document often begins with the President's proposal to Congress recommending funding levels for the next fiscal year, beginning October 1 and ending on September 30 of the year following. The fiscal year refers to the year in which it ends. However, Congress is the body required by law to pass appropriations annually and to submit funding bills passed by both houses to the President for signature. Congressional decisions are governed by rules and legislation regarding the federal budget process. Budget committees set spending limits for the House and Senate committees and for Appropriations subcommittees, which then approve individual appropriations bills to allocate funding to various federal programs.[2]

If Congress fails to pass an annual budget, then several appropriations bills must be passed as "stop gap" measures. After Congress approves an appropriations bill, it is then sent to the President, who may either sign it into law or veto it. A vetoed bill is sent back to Congress, which can pass it into law with a two-thirds majority in each legislative chamber. Congress may also combine all or some appropriations bills into one omnibus reconciliation bill. In addition, the president may request and the Congress may pass supplemental appropriations bills or emergency supplemental appropriations bills

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#18fe85717693
It appears that President Trump and Congress have reached a deal to increase the debt limit and a two-year budget that will substantially increase the yearly federal deficit. Besides throwing aside any semblance of budget restraint by either political party, it will create $1 trillion plus budget deficits for as long as the eye can see.

B. He has the foreign policy that Robert Taft wanted in 1952. Luckily, Eisenhower got the nomination. Was Eisenhower a "Rino"?

Also, name legislation that the Freedom Caucus has sponsored. They are negative do-nothings, who simply grandstand for Trump whenever possible.

Last edited by Captain Blood; 08-19-2019 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 10:53 AM   #26
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
What a piece of... Israel grants her humanitarian access to visit her grandmother and she backs out. Pure politics and hate over love of family!
Israel....humanitarian? Take a hike.

Commenting on your last sentence would be too easy.
Thanks for playing
Appreciate 1
dsad1661.50

08-19-2019, 10:55 AM   #27
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
The great Palestinian Hanan Ashrawi, whose group was sponsoring Tlaib's trip to the West Bank, has been denied a visit to her grandchildren in the U.S. by the Trump government. https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/u-s-...uest-1.7238219

Maybe many on the left are sick of this charade as well?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 05:37 PM   #28
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
My comments...

Surprisingly AOC seems to have revealed herself as the least-dumb Squad member. I have a feeling Speaker Pelosi got some advice through her thick skull. I'm impressed.

I think this trip to "Palestine" was a setup by the two dumbest Squad members. When you look at all the surrounding circumstances, it appears like they wanted to be banned from going... With going and bitching being their alternate plan.

The truly wonderful part of this story is we have a President that knows how to fight back. First, he artfully and effectively put a spotlight on their anti-Semitism. Then he sat back while Democrats lined up to position themselves as fellow anti-Semites. Take it from a lifelong NYC resident (with plenty of Jews living here) the actions by these hateful people WILL DO NOTHING TO MOTIVATE JEWS TO SUPPORT DEMOCRATS. President Trump is steadily eroding Jewish support for the Democrat party; and framing himself as the true supporter of Israel. Love it!

Such a HIT for President Trump, this should be in his HIT thread!
Poiseuille2726.50

08-27-2019, 06:29 PM   #29
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Delta03117020.00

08-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #30
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post

Some of the most recent quotes and tweets by "the great?" Hanan Ashrawi.

"The U.S. and Greenblatt in particular are nothing more than a self-appointed advocate/apologist for Israel!"

"Hamas and those involved in violence against Israel are just Palestinians w/bad judgment. They are not terrorists."

"I have no respect for the enablers of this inhuman condition in Palestine nor for its apologists, such as the United States."

https://www.pri.org/stories/2019-05-...denied-visa-us
https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/As...llah-and-Hamas
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/u-s-...uest-1.7238219
https://www.jns.org/opinion/hanan-as...end-of-terror/

Yeah - Can't imagine why we wouldn't want her to visit the country.

08-29-2019, 02:11 PM   #31
Delta0311
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

I dont know why you guys are so against them going to Israel. I personally encourage it. Not only that I hope they go there and talk that shit in public. Then let Darwinism take its course. Think Harlem scence from Die Hard 3.
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 1