BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-19-2019, 07:45 AM   #7327
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Upon further review, trump is kind of a mean version of Robert Taft......

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/fran...trump-policies

"Dwight Eisenhower ran on an internationalist platform in 1952, favoring foreign aid to Europe, the new military alliance called NATO and an aggressive stance against Soviet Communism, thereby asserting U.S. world leadership. He vanquished his isolationist foe, Sen. Robert Taft, for the GOP nomination in 1952 and then won the first Republican presidential victory in 20 years.

In 1980, Ronald Reagan sought to move the GOP beyond its narrow confines in the Northeast and Midwest. He built on Eisenhower's internationalism, preaching limited government, free markets and supply-side economics – policies designed to bring prosperity to ALL Americans, not just the well-connected."
      08-19-2019, 11:16 AM   #7328
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
HIT!!

Mr. Trump donates his salary to HHS for the 3rd time.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-3rd-time.html

He should challenge the millionaire members of congress, both parties and across the aisle, to do the same. I wonder how many takers there would be as they are good at jacking up the taxes for the citizens but not giving of themselves.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 4
SakhirM49308.50
N54Yankee1324.50
Run Silent11142.00

08-19-2019, 11:37 AM   #7329
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
I like this stance:

U.S. President Trump does not want to do business with China's Huawei https://reut.rs/2YWYrKB
      08-19-2019, 02:15 PM   #7330
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
And I fully support this, though if Trump backs down or makes it a bargaining chip, I'll be very disappointed:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...to-anger-china
U.S. Backs F-16 Sale to Taiwan, Drawing Warning From China
scostu1003.50

08-19-2019, 02:49 PM   #7331
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
I like this stance:

U.S. President Trump does not want to do business with China's Huawei https://reut.rs/2YWYrKB
Quote:
And I fully support this, though if Trump backs down or makes it a bargaining chip, I'll be very disappointed:

We are fully aligned on both of these.

Appreciate 2
      08-19-2019, 04:05 PM   #7332
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
I like this stance:

Quote:

We are fully aligned on both of these.
just curious for a moment:
anybody remember Loral Space and why they were in (some of) the news in the mid- and late 90s?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14025.00

08-19-2019, 04:15 PM   #7333
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
anybody remember Loral Space and why they were in (some of) the news in the mid- and late 90s?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loral_...Communications
In January 2002, Loral reached a settlement with the U.S. Government in a case relating to the company’s involvement in the disclosure of information during a review of a Chinese rocket launch failure in 1996.[3] Loral agreed to pay a civil fine of $14 million to the State Department without admitting or denying the government’s charges.[4] According to a House Select Committee, Loral under CEO Schwartz provided the Chinese government with advice regarding a guidance system for future PRC road-mobile intercontinental ballistic missiles.[5] The Defense Technology Security Administration concluded Loral "committed a serious export control violation" and that the "significant benefits derived by China from these activities are likely to lead to improvements in the overall reliability of their launch vehicles [i.e., rockets] and ballistic missiles and in particular their guidance systems." [6] Loral paid a total fine of $20 million, the largest that a company has ever paid under the Arms Export Control Act

https://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/05/22/china.money/
      08-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #7334
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
In January 2002, Loral reached a settlement with the U.S. Government in a case relating to the company’s involvement in the disclosure of information during a review of a Chinese rocket launch failure in 1996.[3] Loral agreed to pay a civil fine of $14 million to the State Department without admitting or denying the government’s charges.[4] According to a House Select Committee, Loral under CEO Schwartz provided the Chinese government with advice regarding a guidance system for future PRC road-mobile intercontinental ballistic missiles.[5] The Defense Technology Security Administration concluded Loral "committed a serious export control violation" and that the "significant benefits derived by China from these activities are likely to lead to improvements in the overall reliability of their launch vehicles [i.e., rockets] and ballistic missiles and in particular their guidance systems." [6] Loral paid a total fine of $20 million, the largest that a company has ever paid under the Arms Export Control Act
that's very nice RD, but i was actually hoping for an opinion. of your own. most adults are able to use a search engine.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 04:25 PM   #7335
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
that's very nice RD, but i was actually hoping for an opinion. of your own. most adults are able to use a search engine.
Be nice....

Its seems Loral screwed the US looking to save money. Reminds me of the Toshiba propeller deal with the Soviets.
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1987/07...8735553752000/
      08-19-2019, 04:33 PM   #7336
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Be nice....

Its seems Loral screwed the US looking to save money. Reminds me of the Toshiba propeller deal with the Soviets.
you're right. i apologize. i should have been more direct.
I was curious about whether anyone remembered specifically why they were in the news in the mid 90s, why the authority to grant a license to transfer national security sensitive technology was moved from the state department (where it had always been) to the commerce department (run by THE LATE Ron Brown).
geez, i hope Kitesurfer doesn't read this.

Edit: notice how i cleverly avoided any mention of campaign contributions.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer14025.00

08-19-2019, 04:39 PM   #7337
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Another miss! A huge exaggeration and outright lie. Apparently this professor Epstein(?) claimed google was biased towards Hillary in a study which favors right wing news sources. Trump is such a lying pos.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Wow, Report Just Out! Google manipulated from 2.6 million to 16 million votes for Hillary Clinton in 2016 Election! This was put out by a Clinton supporter, not a Trump Supporter! Google should be sued. My victory was even bigger than thought!
      08-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #7338
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

I can't listen to that stuff anymore-pure propaganda. I believe Federal Election Commission has requested his 'evidence".
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2019, 06:12 PM   #7339
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Watching that antisemite tlaib crying today at the presser because Israel and Trump( according to her) wouldn’t let them into the country. She was blubbering like a little girl, the same woman who stood up after getting elected and proclaimed to the world on the tube that they were going to “impeach the mother fucker” in a loud proud voice. Real tough broad, what a joke.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 08-19-2019 at 06:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 06:21 PM   #7340
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Faker
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 06:58 PM   #7341
doggboy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
Another miss! A huge exaggeration and outright lie. Apparently this professor Epstein(?) claimed google was biased towards Hillary in a study which favors right wing news sources. Trump is such a lying pos.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Wow, Report Just Out! Google manipulated from 2.6 million to 16 million votes for Hillary Clinton in 2016 Election! This was put out by a Clinton supporter, not a Trump Supporter! Google should be sued. My victory was even bigger than thought!
So Trump is a lying POS? You have imperical evidence that there is NO basis, or truth to his claim? Is it possible that he believes the study and thinks he is right, regardless of the actual veracity of the study?

I can't tell if you are trolling, or just too emotional to have a rational discussion and need to resort to insulting those you dont like.

While there is no way to know how many votes google swayed, and i would gues the numbers quoted are on the high side to say the least, there is plenty of evidence that it occurred.
https://www.projectveritas.com/google-document-dump/
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 07:42 PM   #7342
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggboy View Post
Quote:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
So Trump is a lying POS? You have imperical evidence that there is NO basis, or truth to his claim? Is it possible that he believes the study and thinks he is right, regardless of the actual veracity of the study?

I can't tell if you are trolling, or just too emotional to have a rational discussion and need to resort to insulting those you dont like.

While there is no way to know how many votes google swayed, and i would gues the numbers quoted are on the high side to say the least, there is plenty of evidence that it occurred.
https://www.projectveritas.com/google-document-dump/
Project veritas? Look up my previous "project veritas" posts. More lying and exaggeration.

How did they do on their Washington Post project?

Relax Francis. No one was insulting you. Just the Cheeto.
      08-19-2019, 07:52 PM   #7343
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Project veritas? Look up my previous "project veritas" posts. More lying and exaggeration.

So are you saying all the documents and clips are fabricated? As lying is a very strong word. I believe spinning or sensationalizing would be more proper.
Which you have to frown at all the media companies on that as they do the excate same thing
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 08:08 PM   #7344
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Quote:

So are you saying all the documents and clips are fabricated? As lying is a very strong word. I believe spinning or sensationalizing would be more proper.
Which you have to frown at all the media companies on that as they do the excate same thing
Veritas is as honest as a Michael Moore documentary. Extremely loaded and biased. Edited in extreme ways. Not intellectually honest.

Ask me how I really feel............
      08-19-2019, 08:15 PM   #7345
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Veritas is as honest as a Michael Moore documentary. Extremely loaded and biased. Edited in extreme ways. Not intellectually honest.

How do you feel?

Propaganda will be a good term, but all propaganda has bits and pieces that are true, which is why i said calling them lyers is a bit too strong of a term.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 08:19 PM   #7346
doggboy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:

While you can make that argument, i would disagree, but how does that change the document dump? Are you claiming Zachary Vorhies didn't work for Google? Are you claiming these documents are fake? I don't know if you actually clicked the link, but i didnt link an editorial, just the actual internal Google ducuments which you can read and judge for yourself.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer14025.00
Poiseuille2738.50
SakhirM49308.50

08-19-2019, 08:32 PM   #7347
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Be nice....

Quote:
I was curious about whether anyone remembered specifically why they were in the news in the mid 90s, why the authority to grant a license to transfer national security sensitive technology was moved from the state department (where it had always been) to the commerce department (run by THE LATE Ron Brown).

I remember this distinctly. Bottom line: Loral and Hughes were responsible for accelerating the development of the Chinese missile program from late 50-early 60s technology to 80s technology.

It was a disgusting and shameful selling of our technology. We know who was in office...

Appreciate 3
Poiseuille2738.50
SakhirM49308.50

08-19-2019, 08:42 PM   #7348
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Be nice....

Quote:

I remember this distinctly. Bottom line: Loral and Hughes were responsible for accelerating the development of the Chinese missile program from late 50-early 60s technology to 80s technology.

It was a disgusting and shameful selling of our technology. We know who was in office...
I never voted for Bill.......,