BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-01-2019, 10:08 AM   #45
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeyal View Post
Or paid their fair shares, which still has not happened for the biggest economies... so give me a break about those so called allies... The same ones who do not have a problem making deals with the other tyrants in Iran...
Fair shares of what? Defense spending??

07-01-2019, 10:12 AM   #46
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
Well I think what he's doing with Korea is very good and should do more. But I don't see why it's historic

I think ppl will always remember Nixon going to china because it was when 2 economic powers made some understanding when you look back. In 10 years from now I don't think anyone will remember or care about this

Also why would it be ww3 if they fight? Why do we have to fight for Korea? I think trump won saying we shouldn't fight all these wars

Also the don't think n Korea would ever use nukes on s Korea sunce it's like nuking yourself all the radiation would come back to them
They dont have to nuke SK. Seoul is right near the border and NKs massive artillery barage would level the city. And yes an invasion of SK would trigger a world war, just like the German and Soviet invasion of Poland caused one. But I guess Poland also has no historic significance
Poland is very significant in history as many art science and human works came from Poland and also has strategic value because of where it is physically located. I mean I think all cultures are great but saying every country is historic importance to world is crazy. Some countries like England and Germany and Russia and china have much more effect on world now and over history then other countries. Sorry

And I don't know if anyone would any to fight a war over Korea. Maybee they will send in a lot of weapons and all that but why are you sure Russia or china will send in armies to fight to make a world war with USA and Europe?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 10:14 AM   #47
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Is the first time a president rode a bicycle the same level of history as the first time president drove a car or fly airplane? I think those are more important to world history so it's called historic but not bicycle really
Perhaps go ask the tens of millions of poor folks in southeast Asia and in Africa if the bicycle is significant? Experiments done in Uganda, Tanzania, and Sri Lanka on thousands of households have shown that a bicycle can increase a poor family's income as much as 35%. The bicycle has literally improved the lives of billions to a point many could not even fathom, so yes, to those folks - a head of state first riding a bicycle in the 1800's was probably extremely historic.

The bicycle has had a considerable effect on human society, in both the cultural and industrial realms. The bicycle gave women unprecedented mobility, contributing to their emancipation in Western nations.

The bicycle was recognized by 19th-century feminists and suffragists as a "freedom machine" for women. American Susan B. Anthony said in a New York World interview on February 2, 1896: "I think it has done more to emancipate woman than any one thing in the world. I rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammelled womanhood."

07-01-2019, 10:15 AM   #48
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
No difference...When you call a sadistic madman Uncle Joe and hand him half of Europe, that is not exactly keeping your distance
A little Roosevelt rage simmering there? You don't see that too often anymore daddy warbucks....

07-01-2019, 10:15 AM   #49
Delta0311
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Why do you always make personal insults and then run to mods and cry cry to get threats locked? Maybe stop with personal insults and talk like normal person?

And I don't think anything a president does the first time is historic. Is the first time a president ate a chicken sandwich historic? Is the first time a president rode a bicycle the same level of history as the first time president drove a car or fly airplane? I think those are more important to world history so it's called historic but not bicycle really
NK is a hermit kingdom that is locked away from the world. Trump being the first US president to walk accross the 38th parallel is significant. It would have been significant for Barack, Bush, and Clinton as well.
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 1
Run Silent11036.00

07-01-2019, 10:16 AM   #50
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Why do you even bother "engaging" CNN boy???
Better than being engaged to Faux news and "I will buy into any old conspiracy theory" Hannity and Carlson
      07-01-2019, 10:18 AM   #51
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeA View Post
And you think the lawmakers you support in the US haven't broken any laws or even killed? You think they are honest hard working people?

You don't get to that level from nothing by simply being honest and hardworking.
GeorgeA reemerges from the Soviet embassy in Moldova.......How is RT these days? Good ratings there?
      07-01-2019, 10:18 AM   #52
Delta0311
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
A little Roosevelt rage simmering there? You don't see that too often anymore daddy warbucks....
Roosevelt did what was best for the US and that was not going to war with Russia over Eastern and Central Europe. After all the it was France and the UK that signed a defense pack with Poland, not the US. But yeah calling a sadistic psychopath Uncle Joe was not exactly necessary.
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 11:32 AM   #53
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i (coming)

Garage List
Quote:
Why do you always make personal insults and then run to mods and cry cry to get threats locked? Maybe stop with personal insults and talk like normal person?

And I don't think anything a president does the first time is historic. Is the first time a president ate a chicken sandwich historic? Is the first time a president rode a bicycle the same level of history as the first time president drove a car or fly airplane? I think those are more important to world history so it's called historic but not bicycle really
Where did I insult you? I did not insult you at all. I have never gone to a mod to get a thread locked. Never.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 2
      07-01-2019, 11:33 AM   #54
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Quote:

Where did I insult you? I did not insult you at all. I have never gone to a mod to get a thread locked. Never.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 11:56 AM   #55
Dagamus_NM
Private
Rep
Drives: '10 m3, '91 332iC, 87 330iS

Quote:
No difference...When you call a sadistic madman Uncle Joe and hand him half of Europe, that is not exactly keeping your distance
I don't think it was handed to them. They took it at quite an expense to Russia. That they kept it was the issue. I often wonder what the world would be like today if that was not allowed to happen. If we had driven them back into Russia or beyond.

While I do not like Trump at the personal level due to a lot of his behavior, I do applaud this photo op. I wish he would do the same with Iran.

North Korea is not going to denuclearize, it just is not going to happen. Look at the track record of leaders/dictators who did. Kim would truly have to be a fool to do that. But there are other things that his regime could concede to in an effort to be allowed back into the international community. Human rights, not making more nukes, not making more delivery systems. Being allowed to maintain what they have.
Appreciate 2
minn195527.00
Run Silent11036.00

07-01-2019, 12:01 PM   #56
obe100
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: on the weekendsÖ

Quote:

...because that's their MO.

and i find it comical when one of them refers to some as "whiny bitches".

this shit writes itself.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 12:14 PM   #57
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M4 CS, 16 F150, 19 M550

Photo op period. Kim will never denuclearize.

Oh by the way no word from Trump/WH about NK guards getting into it yet again with US staff. And roughing up a woman no less. Yup, things are going great, glad they are "friends."
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 12:21 PM   #58
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Oh by the way no word from Trump/WH about NK guards getting into it yet again with US staff. And roughing up a woman no less.
I missed seeing anything about this. Link?
      07-01-2019, 12:29 PM   #59
Delta0311
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obe100 View Post

this shit writes itself.
Oh is it? I had people say all kinds of shit to me and never once have I contacted a mod. At the end of the day this is just banter. I know I wont sway you to see things my way and vice versa. This is a forum and shit here should not be take personally. Politics aside i am sure we all have a lot in common.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 2
SoCalS2k276.50
Run Silent11036.00

07-01-2019, 12:32 PM   #60
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I missed seeing anything about this. Link?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whi...ecurity-guards
Appreciate 1
Run Silent11036.00

07-01-2019, 12:49 PM   #61
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Appreciate the link, but I think this is just Fox News trying to make a big deal out of something that isn't.

Man - I'm just not seeing anything there. She was bruised? What is she, a tomato? Good grief. Kim is probably the most hated man on the planet - his security guards are probably extremely nervous anytime he is in public.

I just don't see what the big deal was here.
      07-01-2019, 12:51 PM   #62
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Indoctrination for the new position.
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 01:06 PM   #63
obe100
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: on the weekendsÖ

Quote:
Quote:

this shit writes itself.
Oh is it? I had people say all kinds of shit to me and never once have I contacted a mod. At the end of the day this is just banter. I know I wont sway you to see things my way and vice versa. This is a forum and shit here should not be take personally. Politics aside i am sure we all have a lot in common.
So you when you called a woman who currently enjoys the freedom of choice the "c" word...was that banter? Not to mention in the same post you doubled down after I called you out.

No history because someone reported it to the mods and they rightfully deleted it.
Appreciate 1
minn195527.00

07-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #64
Delta0311
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So you when you called a woman who currently enjoys the freedom of choice the "c" word...was that banter? Not to mention in the same post you doubled down after I called you out.

No history because someone reported it to the mods and they rightfully deleted it.
Sorry that you get so offended by some exercising their first ammendment rights. I think Hilary is a cunt as well wana report me for hurt feelings?? So she has freedom of choice and I have freedom to criticize her choice. See how that works.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 01:17 PM   #65
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Appreciate the link, but I think this is just Fox News trying to make a big deal out of something that isn't.

Man - I'm just not seeing anything there. She was bruised? What is she, a tomato? Good grief. Kim is probably the most hated man on the planet - his security guards are probably extremely nervous anytime he is in public.

Because there's no deal to see.

Meeting time for Trump and Kim must have changed because our press were scrambling to get inside.

A bunch of Americans start rushing and the security was supposed to do what? It was nothing but people squeezing inbetween other people. Roughed up...lol.
She put up a pretty good body block on that guy though.

07-01-2019, 01:36 PM   #66
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

It’s more of a pattern for me and this isn’t the first time the NK guards have gotten aggressive/handsy with US personal. I don’t like it, especially when a woman is involved. Kudos to her for standing up for US values such as freedom of the press etc.

This isn’t directed at you, but to the thread in general. What I like less is it appears Kim is winning the negotiations. Rumors are just that rumors, but it sounds like the US is leaning towards letting NK be a nuclear state if they don’t build any more etc. If that happens, I’m not sure what any of this is even about as that would be disastrous. Kim gives up nothing, but yet keeps getting meetings with Trump and appears to be wearing him down.

Edit: It wasn’t just Foxnews, it has been widely reported by just about everyone. I chose the Foxnews link for the overwhelmingly Repub/righty crew here.

Last edited by minn19; 07-01-2019 at 01:48 PM..
Appreciate 2
Run Silent11036.00
MKSixer13951.50