BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-07-2019, 06:54 PM   #1
Joeyb7
Private First Class
7
Rep
139
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i M Sport - AW
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Boston

iTrader: (0)

Hi everyone,

I've come to the realization that living in Boston I'm tossing $ out the window with two cars, and driving the 1er in the winter isn't really an option for me. Curious if anyone has traded in their 1er or if it's a lot smarter to go the private sale route. The reason I ask is because it has an imperfection here and there...it's not perfect, but still in good shape. About 40K miles and fairly stock performance-wise with only PPK 1. It also has a few M interior bits, M performance exhaust, blackline tails, tint, PPF film and a custom carbon spoiler. Garaged and only driven in the winter if I was in a pinch. It's in need of the airbag fix which I have to get to, clear on the rear bumper is staring to let go a bit too.

Thoughts? It kills me to get rid of it, but curious what fellow members in the area would do if they were in my shoes.

Thanks!
Joe
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 03:27 PM   #2
B777flyboy
Second Lieutenant
B777flyboy's Avatar
39
Rep
223
Posts

Drives: 135i carbon black
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Boston, ma

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 Bmw 135  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyb7 View Post
Hi everyone,

I've come to the realization that living in Boston I'm tossing $ out the window with two cars, and driving the 1er in the winter isn't really an option for me. Curious if anyone has traded in their 1er or if it's a lot smarter to go the private sale route. The reason I ask is because it has an imperfection here and there...it's not perfect, but still in good shape. About 40K miles and fairly stock performance-wise with only PPK 1. It also has a few M interior bits, M performance exhaust, blackline tails, tint, PPF film and a custom carbon spoiler. Garaged and only driven in the winter if I was in a pinch. It's in need of the airbag fix which I have to get to, clear on the rear bumper is staring to let go a bit too.

Thoughts? It kills me to get rid of it, but curious what fellow members in the area would do if they were in my shoes.

Thanks!
Joe
If it's a manual go private. Prolly get more for the demand.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 07:00 AM   #3
09135ijh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
20
Rep
221
Posts

Drives: 135/340/M235/M240/current-M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Worcester MA

iTrader: (0)

Still thinking for sale? Pm me looking for pics
Manual or automatic?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 11:46 AM   #4
Joeyb7
Private First Class
7
Rep
139
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i M Sport - AW
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09135ijh View Post
Still thinking for sale? Pm me looking for pics
Manual or automatic?
It is a manual. I have to get it inspected (just went over), but happy to take a few pics and PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 12:05 PM   #5
Gweeper64
Private
Gweeper64's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
61
Posts

Drives: '13 128i N51 6mt M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Worcester, MA area

iTrader: (0)

I'd go the private sale route. A dealer won't give you crap on a trade for the 1er no matter how well maintained or optioned. Also, a manual is less desirable on a dealer lot. My $0.02.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 11:29 AM   #6
Gweeper64
Private
Gweeper64's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
61
Posts

Drives: '13 128i N51 6mt M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Worcester, MA area

iTrader: (0)

Joeyb7 , if I may, where'd you get your PPF done? My front bumper took a beating last winter. Probably going to have to respray and I should think about PPF at least for that.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #7
Joeyb7
Private First Class
7
Rep
139
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i M Sport - AW
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweeper64 View Post
Joeyb7 , if I may, where'd you get your PPF done? My front bumper took a beating last winter. Probably going to have to respray and I should think about PPF at least for that.
I had it done at unique car care years ago. It's starting to yellow a bit, but has saved me a few times already.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST