BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-29-2019, 10:34 AM   #23
vreihen16
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Does this count as a “fire”arm?
No, but this says it all:

DonaldPump5357.00

07-29-2019, 10:40 AM   #24
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaat

Getting rid of 2A is every loony libturds wet dream, wtf.
Thank you

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.washi...-percent-demo/
Hebrews 4:12
Appreciate 2
NickyC4893.50

07-29-2019, 10:41 AM   #25
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
No, but this says it all:

Precisely my point.
Appreciate 1
vreihen16472.50

07-29-2019, 10:46 AM   #26
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:
Yep, the same old insane loony libturd 21% I'm always talking about. I cannot believe more than 1/5th of the country is completely gone.
Appreciate 2
DonaldPump5357.00
MKSixer13881.00

07-29-2019, 11:30 AM   #27
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
I think this is an "Americans with guns" problem, which is to say that even sane Americans may struggle with this relationship. How many of us on this site can claim that they relate to their cars simply as tools?
Sorry, yes, I meant a nearly uniquely American behavior problem.

I think of my car as a tool. I think of my watches as tools. I think of my guns as tools.

Just because I really enjoy using and talking about an object doesn't make it less of a tool to me.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13881.00

07-29-2019, 11:36 AM   #28
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaat

Getting rid of 2A is every loony libturds wet dream, wtf.
Thank you

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.washi...-percent-demo/
An opinion piece asking voters how they felt. Ok yeah. But, not the same as insinuating that Kamal Harris wants to get rid of your firearms. Can you point to a single piece of legislation that has tried to repeal the 2nd amendment?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 12:51 PM   #29
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
An opinion piece asking voters how they felt. Ok yeah. But, not the same as insinuating that Kamal Harris wants to get rid of your firearms. Can you point to a single piece of legislation that has tried to repeal the 2nd amendment?
You’d have to be a retard to think they would be that obvious. The chipping away will take place under the guise of multiple “school safety firearm bills”, and other legislation concealing their true purpose - to completely remove firearm ownership from the citizenry. “Blah slippery slope blah”, no it’s just pretty easy to see the forest for the trees. If you actually believe democrat politicians when they say “I support the second amendment, BUT...” then you are the exact kind of useful idiot they are looking for.
Appreciate 2
vreihen16472.50
MKSixer13881.00

07-29-2019, 01:06 PM   #30
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
You’d have to be a retard to think they would be that obvious. The chipping away will take place under the guise of multiple “school safety firearm bills”, and other legislation concealing their true purpose - to completely remove firearm ownership from the citizenry. “Blah slippery slope blah”, no it’s just pretty easy to see the forest for the trees. If you actually believe democrat politicians when they say “I support the second amendment, BUT...” then you are the exact kind of useful idiot they are looking for.
In all fairness, people said the same thing was Obama was elected. Never happened.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 01:14 PM   #31
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:
Quote:
Has yet to occur. Your imaginary bogeyman is a fallacy.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 01:15 PM   #32
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Quote:
In all fairness, people said the same thing was Obama was elected. Never happened.
BUT now I have to go thru registration each time I want to buy ammo
Appreciate 2
vreihen16472.50
MKSixer13881.00

07-29-2019, 01:18 PM   #33
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
BUT now I have to go thru registration each time I want to buy ammo
I agree that sucks, but I don't think that was President Obama's doing.

We're talking about Fed level gun control measures, Wede.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 01:29 PM   #34
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback

watches are useless...

Quote:
Sorry, yes, I meant a nearly uniquely American behavior problem.

I think of my car as a tool. I think of my watches as tools. I think of my guns as tools.

Just because I really enjoy using and talking about an object doesn't make it less of a tool to me.
The time is available on your cellphone. I wear one, but I recognize it for the jewellery - that is fetish - it is. If cars were simply tools there would be no BMWs. It is quite clear to me that guns are far less tools for those of us who buy our meat at the supermarket than they are fetishes.
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #35
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Very true, just my take on it.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer13881.00

07-29-2019, 01:48 PM   #36
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
The time is available on your cellphone. I wear one, but I recognize it for the jewellery - that is fetish - it is. If cars were simply tools there would be no BMWs. It is quite clear to me that guns are far less tools for those of us who buy our meat at the supermarket than they are fetishes.
Just because the "top of the line" tool does the same job something cheaper and more simple does, it doesnt make it any less of a tool. An electric drill does the same thing a hand drill or screwdriver does, but it is still a tool. An impact gun does the same thing a wrench does, but it is still a tool. Hell, a cellphone makes calls just like a landline or payphone, and yet, you called it a tool.

when someone drives wrecklessly and kills someone, do you blame the car or the person?

When someone uses a hammer to bludgeon someone, do you blame the hammer or the person?

I can go on and on...

A gun is tool (or toy for some if you want to say that). It is no more, no less. The guns are not walking into crowded areas and shooting up the place. When that happens, I'll be right there with you blaming the gun.

As is the case in every mass shooting, whether you want to politicize it or not, the root of the issue is the mental state of the person carrying out the attack. As is evident here, in a state that has banned these types of guns, and put in significant limits and restrictions on guns and ammo, more regulation and bans isnt a solution to the mental instability of a few individuals.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go1954.00
MKSixer13881.00

07-29-2019, 01:51 PM   #37
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Your opinion is noted.

Needless to say we'll agree to disagree.

My watch is much easier to look at to check the time than my phone is, less frowned upon in meetings and such, as well.

You're saying there are no luxury/high end tools out there? You obviously haven't compared Milwaukee or Snap On prices to your local Harbor Freight tools, then.

Guns are tools. Tools for hunting, tools for home and personal defense, etc.

Anything can be fetishized.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent10987.50
MKSixer13881.00

07-29-2019, 02:03 PM   #38
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep

wrecklessly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Just because the "top of the line" tool does the same job something cheaper and more simple does, it doesnt make it any less of a tool. An electric drill does the same thing a hand drill or screwdriver does, but it is still a tool. An impact gun does the same thing a wrench does, but it is still a tool. Hell, a cellphone makes calls just like a landline or payphone, and yet, you called it a tool.

when someone drives wrecklessly and kills someone, do you blame the car or the person?

When someone uses a hammer to bludgeon someone, do you blame the hammer or the person?

I can go on and on...

A gun is tool (or toy for some if you want to say that). It is no more, no less. The guns are not walking into crowded areas and shooting up the place. When that happens, I'll be right there with you blaming the gun.

As is the case in every mass shooting, whether you want to politicize it or not, the root of the issue is the mental state of the person carrying out the attack. As is evident here, in a state that has banned these types of guns, and put in significant limits and restrictions on guns and ammo, more regulation and bans isnt a solution to the mental instability of a few individuals.
Wrecklessly - as opposed to recklessly - would be one of those hilarious "apropisms" (no such word), in this case meaning to drive well. I'm sure you can go on and on...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 02:06 PM   #39
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Wrecklessly - as opposed to recklessly - would be one of those hilarious "apropisms" (no such word), in this case meaning to drive well. I'm sure you can go on and on...
Reguardless of speling, it dose knot change the point maid

Appreciate 3
lakefront173.00
MKSixer13881.00

07-29-2019, 02:17 PM   #40
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep

a common conceit...

Quote:
Reguardless of speling, it dose knot change the point maid
That we are the masters of technology, which is really just a collection of tools. Anyway the pertinent question is what is the state of mind of these Americans with guns who commit mass shootings. What is it about Americans that makes this gun fetish so destructive?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 02:26 PM   #41
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Can you point to a single piece of legislation that has tried to repeal the 2nd amendment?
It literally took me 10 seconds on google.

https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/sessi...lls/SCR42_.pdf
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/103/hjres81
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/103/hjres81/text

https://fee.org/articles/lawmakers-i...ond-amendment/

---

Also - here are some more, again - 10 seconds on google.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ndment-repeal/

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ond-amendment/
Attached Images

vreihen16472.50
N54Yankee1299.50

07-29-2019, 02:41 PM   #42
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep

Quote:
That we are the masters of technology, which is really just a collection of tools. Anyway the pertinent question is what is the state of mind of these Americans with guns who commit mass shootings. What is it about Americans that makes this gun fetish so destructive?
Mental Illness is more prevalent in the USA vs many other countries in the world. The problem (not really a problem, but the issue as it relates to this convo) is that the USA is one of the most diverse places in the world. Everything from uber rich, to uber poor, 100s of ethnicities and races, tons of religions practiced all over, etc. This leads to a massive variance in personal morality among Americans. This leads to animosity towards others through racism, jealousy, etc. This also leads to a massive variance in how people are brought up, how well they are cared for, and how easily someone can slip through the cracks.

The issue is, whenever these things happen, everyone is quick to villainize or defend guns, and dont look at the underlying cause. Mental health is swept to the side cause that doesnt get brownie points.

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 02:52 PM   #43
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I can go on and on...

Gun is a tool that's true, but it's a tool for killing.

Why do we need a tool for killing available to everyone even crazy ppl?

Cars are a tool for driving but if you can't see or have seizures or other problems nobody will let you drive

So why does everyone get a right to use a tool for killing? Who is that helping? Why does a tool for killing need to be so easily accessible?

I never understand you guys comparing tool of killing to a tool of construction or a tool of transporting. It's not even close to each other except you can use the word tool for both.

It's like saying a pen and a car are basicly the same thing because they are both tools lol
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 03:01 PM   #44
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Mental Illness is more prevalent in the USA vs many other countries in the world. The problem (not really a problem, but the issue as it relates to this convo) is that the USA is one of the most diverse places in the world. Everything from uber rich, to uber poor, 100s of ethnicities and races, tons of religions practiced all over, etc. This leads to a massive variance in personal morality among Americans. This leads to animosity towards others through racism, jealousy, etc. This also leads to a massive variance in how people are brought up, how well they are cared for, and how easily someone can slip through the cracks.

The issue is, whenever these things happen, everyone is quick to villainize or defend guns, and dont look at the underlying cause. Mental health is swept to the side cause that doesnt get brownie points.

Canada 🇨🇦.
Appreciate 0