BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read




 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-20-2019, 07:12 AM   #89
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
SpencerMH's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
359
Posts

Drives: 1M, M6 GC
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ft. Lauderdale Fl

iTrader: (3)

Hello and thank you, my seats were powered and heated, i bought this part 61 12 2 155580. I bought two but when they arrived it was clearly setup with one connection to the fuse panel, one long cable to go to drivers side seat and one short for passenger side(I'm US LHD).

Problem is from there i saw the wiring to the back of the fuse panel and said no way and had local indy shop do the wiring because i knew it would take forever for me to take that on in my old age. I believe they bypassed the stock control module but I'll need to pop the seats up to make sure.

That part number is correct right and the stock control module is bypassed was my understanding but I need to reacquaint myself with it?
__________________
BSM 1M, MCS Coilovers, Pure Stg 2 Turbos, Walbro LPFP, JB4, BMS E85 Flash, ECS CF sealed intake, N54 Tuning DP's, Evolve Race Exhaust, Wagner FMIC, Stett CP w/ Tial BOV, ST BBK, Big Tires.
M6 6MT Gran Coupe w JB4, 996 C2, 718 GTS, Lotus Esprit V8TT
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 01:53 PM   #90
EvoKnvl
Private
59
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: Valencia Orange 1 Series M
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
Hello and thank you, my seats were powered and heated, i bought this part 61 12 2 155580. I bought two but when they arrived it was clearly setup with one connection to the fuse panel, one long cable to go to drivers side seat and one short for passenger side(I'm US LHD).

Problem is from there i saw the wiring to the back of the fuse panel and said no way and had local indy shop do the wiring because i knew it would take forever for me to take that on in my old age. I believe they bypassed the stock control module but I'll need to pop the seats up to make sure.

That part number is correct right and the stock control module is bypassed was my understanding but I need to reacquaint myself with it?
Those don't look right. These are the part numbers I used.
61129131728
61129131729

They are literally the same exact harness as the ones used in your power seats. You can remove them from your power seats, but it's a PITA because some of the wiring is routed behind and through the seat.

Once you get them, you'll notice that your seat only has a couple connectors. The Driver should have the heated connector, and another one for the airbags. The passenger side has the same ones with the addition of the Passenger Occupancy sensor. You'll hook up other wires only and run it through the stock control box. IIRC, you'll only use 3 of the ports in the box since you're no longer using any of the power functions. Once that's done, it should work correctly.

For the 2 parts I listed above, you can be super lazy and just hook them up, but you'll have a jumble of wires. So what I recommend you do is just pull the tape apart until you get the connectors and wires you need. It'll be much cleaner that way. Here's some pics of the only parts you need.

Passenger side. The top big one goes to the seat. The middle medium ones goes to the control box, and the small one on the right is the Passenger Sensor


Driver side. Basically the same as the passenger side minus the Passenger sensor. The top plug goes to the seat, and the bottom one to the control box.
Appreciate 3
ayao410.00
eeghie194.50

      04-29-2019, 08:17 PM   #91
arvinz
Captain
arvinz's Avatar
Canada
246
Rep
799
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M VO
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Max View Post
Some photos of OEM BMW Performance setas - in a mint condition - which I've got right now by my side:
.
Hey Ricardo Max, I love these seats and hoping to own a set myself some day for my 1M.

I love the alcantara + leather combos in the 1M and I currently have the V2 electronic steering wheel that's covered in alcantara and I am very careful with it to not get it dirty or ruin the alcantara so I wear driving gloves to prevent that.

Do you think making the seat and back area in alcantara is better than having it leather in terms of longevity and keeping it clean? I'm worried that alcantara will get dirtier than leather a lot quicker. With leather, you will probably see it crack over time but alcantara might not, but it might fade or lose its short pile?

Just want your expert opinion on the most optimal setup for leather vs alcantara on the seat.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 11:18 PM   #92
EvoKnvl
Private
59
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: Valencia Orange 1 Series M
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

I actually had couple people contact me through FB and IG regarding Recaro Max. I'll tell everyone the same thing I told them. I highly recommend Recaro_Max! He did my seats over a year ago and then look amazing as ever. He will custom make tailor them exactly how you want them, and he's extremely communicative. I opted for the BMW Performance look with a couple minor changes. My airbags are fully operational, as well as the heated seats, which work through the OEM controls. Here's a pic of them that I took the other day. Sorry for the dust
Appreciate 1
JP-1M115.50

      04-30-2019, 01:17 AM   #93
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
seis-speed's Avatar
United_States
979
Rep
1,249
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoKnvl View Post
I actually had couple people contact me through FB and IG regarding Recaro Max. I'll tell everyone the same thing I told them. I highly recommend Recaro_Max! He did my seats over a year ago and then look amazing as ever. He will custom make tailor them exactly how you want them, and he's extremely communicative. I opted for the BMW Performance look with a couple minor changes. My airbags are fully operational, as well as the heated seats, which work through the OEM controls. Here's a pic of them that I took the other day. Sorry for the dust
Looks great! Where is he located? Can you still access the rear seats? Is ingress and egress changed to the backseats? I take my kids in the car from time to time. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 03:46 AM   #94
EvoKnvl
Private
59
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: Valencia Orange 1 Series M
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Looks great! Where is he located? Can you still access the rear seats? Is ingress and egress changed to the backseats? I take my kids in the car from time to time. Thanks!
seis-speed, Recaro-Max i believe is still located in Poland. IIRC, shipping only took about 1 week to the US via FedEx.

You can still access the back seats. There is a lever behind the seat belt pass through. When you pull it, it allows the back portion of the seat to tilt forward. However, the seat will not slide forward. I believe the OEM BMW Performance seats will slide forward as well when you pull that latch. No real change that I can recall. The seat backs are a little thinner, so there might be a little more room (However, the OEM power seats do have the button that allows you to slide the seats forward and back.)
Appreciate 2
JP-1M115.50

      04-30-2019, 03:52 AM   #95
EvoKnvl
Private
59
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: Valencia Orange 1 Series M
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinz View Post

Do you think making the seat and back area in alcantara is better than having it leather in terms of longevity and keeping it clean? I'm worried that alcantara will get dirtier than leather a lot quicker. With leather, you will probably see it crack over time but alcantara might not, but it might fade or lose its short pile?
.
arvinz, I haven't had any problems with the Alcantara. I usually use a horse brush to get the dust off and then vacuum in the crevices. That's all the maintenance I've been doing. My understanding is that
you can run a slightly damp cloth over it to wipe it down, but I've never done that. I think the seat is slightly more protected from oils (versus your steering wheel) and don't pick up dirt as much. The picture I posted above is with the seats being over a year old. And maybe a little over 5k miles driven on it. I've only dusted and vacuumed it. I've never actually wiped it down, lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 09:57 AM   #96
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
seis-speed's Avatar
United_States
979
Rep
1,249
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoKnvl View Post
seis-speed, Recaro-Max i believe is still located in Poland. IIRC, shipping only took about 1 week to the US via FedEx.

You can still access the back seats. There is a lever behind the seat belt pass through. When you pull it, it allows the back portion of the seat to tilt forward.

Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST