Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, e30 325e, f15 X5 40e

Garage List
1986 BMW 325e  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
2018 BMW X5 xDrive40e  [0.00]
Managed to break my ER charge pipe at the factory fail point!

Managed to break my ER charge pipe at the factory fail point!

I had a loss of power during my last session at the track the other day and pulled a 30FF code, loss of boost. I didn't have time to investigate it before coming home, but everything looked OK from above on the driver side, but with stock air box I couldn't see the charge pipe/TB attachment. I have at ER charge pipe. I assumed it was an intercooler attachment. Well, when I tugged on the diverter valves this morning to make sure they were tight, my charge pipe was flopping around. My aluminum Evolution Raceworks charge pipe apparently broke at the factory chargepipe's weak spot even though it's aluminum. Has anyone else ever broken one of these?
Attached Images

K&N filter, ER chargepipe, ADE FMIC, Mad Dad midpipe, Lightweight Ti axleback, MHD Stage 2+, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins Road and Track, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 convertible FSB with Turner endlinks, PFC V3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:50 AM   #2
a4nut
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 13 135is

Yikes!! That's a bit disheartening since I also have an ER chargepipe.
      Today, 09:07 AM   #3
CarJunkie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, e30 325e, f15 X5 40e

Garage List
1986 BMW 325e  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
2018 BMW X5 xDrive40e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4nut View Post
Yikes!! That's a bit disheartening since I also have an ER chargepipe.
I am running a tune and this was probably the 30th+ track day since it was installed. I am going to replace it with one that uses a flexible silicone hose attachment because I think the rigid attachment is the issue. I chose the ER pipe because it used the factory attachment method, and that was probably a mistake. I believe most of the other aftermarket units use a short segment of silicone hose with two clamps to attach to the throttle body.
K&N filter, ER chargepipe, ADE FMIC, Mad Dad midpipe, Lightweight Ti axleback, MHD Stage 2+, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins Road and Track, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 convertible FSB with Turner endlinks, PFC V3 front rotors
Appreciate 0