BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-29-2018, 02:39 PM   #1
jjdajet
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 128i Convertible

USB to Iphone 7 cuts out

When I am listening to music through my phone via the USB port on Spotify my music will cut out randomly. Sometimes it won't cut out for 15 minutes and then all of sudden I hear a crackle and the whole head unit/ display turns off along with the music and then a second later it turns back on. This continues to happen every couple minutes. If I unplug my phone and wait a few minutes sometimes that resolves the issue but mostly it keeps cutting out.

When I use Youtube and leave my phone on it is almost guaranteed to cut out in a couple of minutes. Spotify is more a roll of the dice with how many minutes in the issues come up.

I guessing here but it almost seems the car system get overwhelmed with the charging?

Not sure what's going on here? Thank you for your time!
Appreciate 0