BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-22-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Be aware Columbus, OH - Tire co to stay away from (UPDATED)

I just want to tell about my experience with Bob Sumerel Tire Co. in Dublin, OH.

I brought my car in to Bob Sumerel Tire to switch out my winter tires with my summer ones, on the same rims. Mark was polite during whole check-in and quoted me $28.5 per tire and 1.5h for the job. I accepted it and left. I was back at the shop 1.5h later, he came to the front desk and said that job isn't done yet and he needs at least 35 more minutes, then accused me of not telling that my car has Run Flats Tires. I was very dissapointed at that point, because BMW doesn't have non-RFT cars from factory for so long. In addition, he told me that he will charge me $5 extra per tire because -they are very hard- to take it off the wheels!! It is ridiculus, it may be hard but you quoted me the price, you didn't ask for if it is RFT or not!! I rejected and told him to honor the verbal contract we made. By the way, BMW Dealer charges $25 per tire for the same job. On top of everything, after I came home, I did an inspection on my wheels and tires and found that they nicked one of my wheels. I do not recommend this workshop, they lost my business forever and I wanted to warn my fellows reading these discussion board.

UPDATE: Ray, Regional manager for Columbus called and we had a nice conversation about what happened. He assured me that they do not do business like this, refunded my money. It is very generous of him. This in a way proved that why in the 1st place my choice to go there was correct. It was by a recommendation. I will take my words back as they lost my business forever, I will go there again.

Thanks.

Last edited by Evice; 05-09-2010 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
spk74
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

You're a nut.
98 M3/4 [SOLD]
Appreciate 0