BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #23
Sherifftruman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Just go to this site: http://www.pentagoncarsales.com/

At first, I thought your "Drives" read 'UNarmored Humvee'. Glad they are finally making more of them available to you guys.

Just today, I saw a train go by with at least 100 Humvees of various configurations. They all apeared to be pretty heavily armored with the classic "bulletproof" windows on the side doors like you see on Armored cars that deliver to banks. They all looked new or eitehr toitally refurbished and painted. This was going through Durham, NC so they must have been on the way to Wilmington, NC (or less likely the Tidewater, VA area) to ship out.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #24
heavydropabmw
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Just today, I saw a train go by with at least 100 Humvees of various configurations. They all apeared to be pretty heavily armored with the classic "bulletproof" windows on the side doors like you see on Armored cars that deliver to banks. They all looked new or eitehr toitally refurbished and painted. This was going through Durham, NC so they must have been on the way to Wilmington, NC (or less likely the Tidewater, VA area) to ship out.
I assume they were heading north? If not, they were prolly going to Bragg (my base) , but more than likely they will stay in the states and make us steal more kids bikes over here to drive around.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 03:33 PM   #25
imported_Captain Chaos
Future 135i Driver
Rep
Drives:

Shit they will probobly end up here for us to take off the plane, its always great to give the our Army Brothers, new Humvees and MRAPs

22 USAF Deployed to Iraq

Back in January 2008 :drinking:

Back to Iraq May 08
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #26
Sherifftruman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavydropabmw View Post
I assume they were heading north? If not, they were prolly going to Bragg (my base) , but more than likely they will stay in the states and make us steal more kids bikes over here to drive around.
Roughly east. The tracks more or less follow US 70 through the middle of the state then branch off so they could be toward Bragg or down to Wilmington where they have the Sunny Point Army terminal. Hopefully they will be put to some good use over there and not here.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #27
BimmerBoi2100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black 135i

Don't you guys think it's a little inappropriate to discuss this kind of info on a message board? OPSEC gentlemen.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2007, 05:17 AM   #28
heavydropabmw
Rep
Drives:

OPSEC about US bound humvees riding on trains where civilians could see them? Pfft, doesnt matter. ON the other hand, back to this post, I emailed the Chief from Pentagon Car Sales , he said he would email me back with a plan for me to get my 135, haha!! I recommend going through him. Now all i have to do is figure out how to beat my platoon sergeants cayman s......
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2007, 06:22 AM   #29
BimmerBoi2100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black 135i

C'mon now that doesn't mean you go discussing it on message boards...Anyway Chief is pretty cool. I ordered my 135i through him.
Appreciate 0