BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-27-2017, 01:58 AM   #1
Jamesve
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i E88 Convertible

Aftermarket Xenon Headlight - Low Beam swapped with High Beam

Hello everyone,

I recently installed a pair of DEPO aftermarket xenon headlights (see image below) for my 1 series. The installation went without a hitch and the lights look great, but one thing I've noticed is that the high beam halogen light turns on when I activate the low beam switch in the car. And when I turn the high beam switch on, the xenon projector lights come on as well.

My understanding is that the xenon projectors are intended as the low beam as they will not dazzle oncoming drivers. My girlfriend was driving in front of me and complained that my lights were too bright, when only the halogens were turned on.

Could someone please tell me how I might go about swapping the xenons to low beams and halogens as high beams.

Thanks in advance.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #2
gt2013
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 128i

Sounds like the cabling is switched (plugged into the wrong connector). Check the wires and preferably switch HB and LB wires.
Appreciate 0