BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F34 M Sport

Alex@Alpine HID Angel Eyes

good stuff and excellent product! alex is one of the good guys here in 1addicts.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Yes he's a trustworthy and cool guy!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 04:07 AM   #3
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Does he sell those HID upgrades privately thru him, or does he own a business? Cuz I cant find an alpine site or anything..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 04:54 AM   #4
HACKULO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i coupe  [0.00]
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Yes he's a trustworthy and cool guy!
+1

cheap fast cars arent reliable
reliable cheap cars arent fast
and fast reliable cars ARENT CHEAP
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I was the unfortunate one to get the condensation and nightmare that followed afterwords...nearly 2 months of a non-working headlight! Well, that's a bit of an overstatement, it was working, just not properly.

Alex installed the HID lights for me, and it went really well. My inital post months back speak highly of him and his product. A few weeks go by...and I decide to wash my car. Boom! Condensation in the headlight. I call Alex to ask him what we should do, and he meets me in the middle of the night to help dry out the condensation. Unfortunately, on my drive out to meet with him, my adaptive headlight warning came on and they wouldn't work.

Alex stayed in touch with me after that, letting me know he ordered a new adaptive motor, and we would have it installed as soon as possible. Within a couple of weeks, and a non-stop gong while driving from the adaptive warning, I met him at his friend's show where he dismanted the front bumper to get the headlight out and replace the motor. His friend's shop is a nice place, and the owner is a really great guy (even offered to buy me lunch).

Alex got the motor replaced, but it still wasn't working right. He felt really bad about the problem, and told me he had been sitting there for the past 5 minutes trying to figure out how to tell me that he couldn't get the problem fixed today. He ordered another part to try and get it fixed.

We had some phone issues, but he always stayed in touch with me. About 2 weeks later, he replaced the part that we discovered had been water-logged. Everything seemed to be working...except the light kind of jiggled rather than moved smoothly (this was done during the day time, and we used a rag to trick the car to turn the adaptive head lights on). We thought it would correct itself over time, but I tried to go out that night, only to find it was even worse than before! He also hooked me up with some D2S bulbs that match my Angel Eye color (thank you, Alex!). Although the warning gong was now gone, the light would point all the way to the right and down all the time after making any kind of left turn.

I went the next 3 weeks without using my adaptive lights, leaving it on adaptive during the day light hours, and then when turning it on at night, allowing the lights to level themselves out, then turn off the adpative ability to keep them straight. Alex was really apologetic, and I felt it was very sincere. Every time we met, he would apologize for the problems, and every time in person he would let me know how bad he felt about the whole situation.

Last night, after he had been at Bimmerfest all day, he came to my house with a replacement headlight. He replaced the whole unit for me and everything is working good as new. I could tell he was tired and had a long day, but he came out as soon as he could, letting me know it was a problem that was always in the back of his mind.

Alex is an awesome vendor on here, I can't recommend anyone any higher than Alex. He really came through and didn't leave me out after my light wasn't working. He introduced me to several of his friends from the times I was at his friend's shop, and all were very nice. He stays in touch with you the entire time something is amiss, letting you know that he ordered a new part, the status of that part, etc. He leaves lines of communication open, always answers or promptly replies to text messages or phone calls.

He now ships a caulking agent that I recommend anyone who got an HID Angel Eye Kit and cut their housing to use. It's a cheap alternative to what could potentially be a big problem.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2010, 03:53 AM   #6
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Thank you man, yeah, it was a mistake on my install, happy we finally fixed everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
I was the unfortunate one to get the condensation and nightmare that followed afterwords...nearly 2 months of a non-working headlight! Well, that's a bit of an overstatement, it was working, just not properly.

Alex installed the HID lights for me, and it went really well. My inital post months back speak highly of him and his product. A few weeks go by...and I decide to wash my car. Boom! Condensation in the headlight. I call Alex to ask him what we should do, and he meets me in the middle of the night to help dry out the condensation. Unfortunately, on my drive out to meet with him, my adaptive headlight warning came on and they wouldn't work.

Alex stayed in touch with me after that, letting me know he ordered a new adaptive motor, and we would have it installed as soon as possible. Within a couple of weeks, and a non-stop gong while driving from the adaptive warning, I met him at his friend's show where he dismanted the front bumper to get the headlight out and replace the motor. His friend's shop is a nice place, and the owner is a really great guy (even offered to buy me lunch).

Alex got the motor replaced, but it still wasn't working right. He felt really bad about the problem, and told me he had been sitting there for the past 5 minutes trying to figure out how to tell me that he couldn't get the problem fixed today. He ordered another part to try and get it fixed.

We had some phone issues, but he always stayed in touch with me. About 2 weeks later, he replaced the part that we discovered had been water-logged. Everything seemed to be working...except the light kind of jiggled rather than moved smoothly (this was done during the day time, and we used a rag to trick the car to turn the adaptive head lights on). We thought it would correct itself over time, but I tried to go out that night, only to find it was even worse than before! He also hooked me up with some D2S bulbs that match my Angel Eye color (thank you, Alex!). Although the warning gong was now gone, the light would point all the way to the right and down all the time after making any kind of left turn.

I went the next 3 weeks without using my adaptive lights, leaving it on adaptive during the day light hours, and then when turning it on at night, allowing the lights to level themselves out, then turn off the adpative ability to keep them straight. Alex was really apologetic, and I felt it was very sincere. Every time we met, he would apologize for the problems, and every time in person he would let me know how bad he felt about the whole situation.

Last night, after he had been at Bimmerfest all day, he came to my house with a replacement headlight. He replaced the whole unit for me and everything is working good as new. I could tell he was tired and had a long day, but he came out as soon as he could, letting me know it was a problem that was always in the back of his mind.

Alex is an awesome vendor on here, I can't recommend anyone any higher than Alex. He really came through and didn't leave me out after my light wasn't working. He introduced me to several of his friends from the times I was at his friend's shop, and all were very nice. He stays in touch with you the entire time something is amiss, letting you know that he ordered a new part, the status of that part, etc. He leaves lines of communication open, always answers or promptly replies to text messages or phone calls.

He now ships a caulking agent that I recommend anyone who got an HID Angel Eye Kit and cut their housing to use. It's a cheap alternative to what could potentially be a big problem.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2010, 04:18 AM   #7
HACKULO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i coupe  [0.00]
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

i am agree w/ u, alex is an awesome vendor on here.

cheap fast cars arent reliable
reliable cheap cars arent fast
and fast reliable cars ARENT CHEAP
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #8
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Thank you guys, you guys all rock
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #9
Migsboyfresh
Donde esta la biblioteca?
United_States
Rep
Drives: like fernando alonso

+1 takes a big man to admit mistakes and not blame the someone else. ill be talking to you soon alex!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 06:56 AM   #10
Enry_1
Rep
Drives: Bmw 123d coupè M-sport

+1 for alex, serious and professional seller,but he send my the different bulbs(8000k) and it's two months as I wait the arrival of correct bulbs(6000k).....I hope they arrive as soon as possible....
Appreciate 0