BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-21-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
malapane
Casual Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Sport & 135i Sport

Anyone heard of this radio problem?

I have had my car for a little over 1 year now. The first 12 months I had no problems at all with my radio. About 2 months ago I took it in for it's first service. Since the day I got it back, I have had in intermittant problem with the radio. Every so often, it will just not come on when I start up the car. And I cannot turn it on. The clock and date are fine, but the radio will not power on. Usually, the next time I start the car the radio is back, but I cannot just turn off and restart. There must be some rest time before I restart for the radio to return. This has happend about 6 times over the last 8 weeks.

Has anyone ever had this problem? I tried to search, but found nothing.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
malapane
Casual Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Sport & 135i Sport

After additional searching, I found it:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=radio+problem

I guess I will bring a copy of the SB in to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
tpg22
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 CS 135i Convertible

I had the same problem in April. Took it in, had it reprogrammed and have had no issues since. Even got to put 400 miles on a loaner 335 while it was in over a weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
GotM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ 6MT

I have had the same problem with mine. It has done this 3 times now. I have been to the service center way too many times lately for headliner vibrations and tail lights that I am going to wait until the next oil change on this one...unless of course it becomes more frequent.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
Jules15
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Convertible

I honestly wish this was my only problem - this has happened to me I had the usb port replaced twice and along with the actual stereo replaced - my lcd screen was streaking and not visible. Unfortunately this only seems to cover the real problem. I have also had issues with my front & taillights, leaks, replaced HPFP, among others.

BMW has been terrible to deal with, their customer service is even worse. No calls back for days, the tell me there is a problem with my car with the only solution being it is still under warranty so just bring it to your dealer to get fixed. And that none of my problems are 'safety' related... I don't know about you, but driving 2 hrs on a two-lane highway at 11pm not knowing if your lights are going to work or not - do that once or twice and you can be sure it feels like a safety issue.

I am climbing on my soapbox, but after buying my 'dream' car at an early age and have this experience is awful. It is pretty frustrating to receive better customer service from Zappos when buying $50 shoes then I get with BMW on a $50k car.
Appreciate 0