BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #45
daveinda808
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 Red 135i Conv

Appreciate all the tips and inserting original HPF video! Great thread which I think I'll be coming back to soon...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 03:05 AM   #46
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

Did the LuK kits not come with the clutch centering tool?
Just fitted one and it came with two. The shorter one is the one I had to use in addition to a long 1/4dr 10mm socket as a dummy input shaft to centre it to the flywheel.

The reason is the long one would've fouled on the ninja star shipping lock for the SAC cover. The long one could probably be used if you sawed off the excess, however.

I used a pair of small screwdrivers to centre the disc to the flywheel as I released the ninja star. The reason is the SAC cover is fully retracted at manufacture and even with the clutch cover torqued down, the disc is still loose.

Always ensure the adjuster springs are fully compressed prior to installation as they can shift during transit.

I used the old clutch disc to apply the spline grease. It is very close to the BMW grease scraper tool. The kit also came with the spline grease and clutch cover bolts - ensure you use your snuggest 6mm allen socket!!
Appreciate 0