BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #1
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jerez Black M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
N55 DP Wagner vs BMS

I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to do DPs for my car since it is a DD and I don't know if I want to have it loud every day. I think I have decided I want to go in this direction but a company I trust is recommending a DP brand I don't see many using so I wanted to see if anyone is running the Wagner catted DP for their N55. Wagner DP Link The problem as I see it is the BMS downpipe is almost half the cost and it seems like a lot of people do not see a difference in a DP so what real purpose is there for going with Wagner over BMS. Another concern I have is I have a DCT and it seems people have a stalling issue on that setup with DPs so if you have a Wagner DP have you had this issue?

Let me know what you guys have experienced, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 10:05 PM   #2
houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
I would assume the price difference is because the Wagner downpipe is catted vs the bms that is catless. I don't have either brand, but I am running catless and have a dct and do not have any stalling issues.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #3
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jerez Black M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
I would assume the price difference is because the Wagner downpipe is catted vs the bms that is catless. I don't have either brand, but I am running catless and have a dct and do not have any stalling issues.
Thanks for the info on the stalling. I am sure the price is because it's catted, I'm trying to see if anyone is running it, their thoughts and if anyone sees a value in their design with the "flexpipe".
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 04:54 AM   #4
AnooooOH
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: M235i

yes that`s the reason!

I have to Wagner and it sounds great but it doesn`t throw a code!
It`s a great product!

MANHART MH2 400 Partout
FS: MANHART MHtronik Tuning Box
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...5#post18819345
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 11:13 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapout2taxes View Post
I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to do DPs for my car since it is a DD and I don't know if I want to have it loud every day. I think I have decided I want to go in this direction but a company I trust is recommending a DP brand I don't see many using so I wanted to see if anyone is running the Wagner catted DP for their N55. Wagner DP Link The problem as I see it is the BMS downpipe is almost half the cost and it seems like a lot of people do not see a difference in a DP so what real purpose is there for going with Wagner over BMS. Another concern I have is I have a DCT and it seems people have a stalling issue on that setup with DPs so if you have a Wagner DP have you had this issue?

Let me know what you guys have experienced, thanks.
Catless DP will have a lot more gain than Catted DP.
People saying they do not notice difference need to log their cars and compare turbo boost with Catted and catless DP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnooooOH View Post
yes that`s the reason!

I have to Wagner and it sounds great but it doesn`t throw a code!
It`s a great product!
Not taking anything from Wagner but the reason why it does not throw a code is because its catted . Not because it is a better product BMS

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0