BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Andrewstoll5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 128i

**********s-TERRIBLE!!!!!

Hey everyone,

I am very new to this forum, bought my 128i on this past monday, and of course was immediately bitten by the MOD bug. So, I started doing research on what modifications I should pursue and then looking around the web for parts and competitive pricing. I took some advice from people on this board to use **********s. I bought an exhaust, taillights, headlights, pedals, shift knob, carbon fiber ebrake handle and a BMS powerbox. Great website, easy to navigate and order...The people that actually work for the company=totally inept and some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Here is a short version of what happened, if you care why I say this.

The exhaust order was placed Tuesday morning. I called Tuesday late morning to see if my order would be shipped out that day, since I received a confirmation email that my order was received. I was told the exhaust was not in stock but the warehouse that had it makes two dropoffs a week to **********s, Tuesday and Friday. So, I asked if it had arrived or if it wouldnt ship until Friday, plus the 4 day time it takes to get to me (California to Wisconsin). The salesperson said he would get me an answer by going to his warehouse to see if it was dropped off today. Fast forward to this morning, Thursday.

I placed mynext order early this morning, still not having received any email from the salesperson. I called right wehn they opened to make sure my order was received since I had not received a confirmation email. The salesperson, who seemingly seemed to not understand his job whatsoever, confusingly tried to explain that my order was received but all the parts were not in stock, something that no where on the website was indicated. So i tried to work out an expedited shipping option for the parts that were in stock. After finding out that there was one part that could be expedited, the salesperson and I decided that overnight was the option. So, after agreeing to send the one part overnight and the others as they obviously were available, the call ended. Fast forward to tonight, Thursday evening. Still no confirmation email for any of the ordered parts. So, I placed another call to make sure everything was okay. Turns out, my part was not going to ship out because the order cant be broken up, even though my 30 minute call earlier in the day said there was no problem. I was not called or sent any correspondence that said my part would not arrive as agreed upon. I asked to speak to the manager and eventually decided that talking to the manager was a waste of my time since he seemed to not understand my disappointment in how myself and my order were being treated.

I would not recommend this business to anyone and I am looking around to try to order from another vendor. Please do not support businesses that treat their customers like crap. They dont deserve our money.

sorry for the rant...I look forward to posting more positive posts in the near future...

cheers
andrew
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewstoll5 View Post
Hey everyone,

I am very new to this forum, bought my 128i on this past monday, and of course was immediately bitten by the MOD bug. So, I started doing research on what modifications I should pursue and then looking around the web for parts and competitive pricing. I took some advice from people on this board to use **********s. I bought an exhaust, taillights, headlights, pedals, shift knob, carbon fiber ebrake handle and a BMS powerbox. Great website, easy to navigate and order...The people that actually work for the company=totally inept and some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Here is a short version of what happened, if you care why I say this.

The exhaust order was placed Tuesday morning. I called Tuesday late morning to see if my order would be shipped out that day, since I received a confirmation email that my order was received. I was told the exhaust was not in stock but the warehouse that had it makes two dropoffs a week to **********s, Tuesday and Friday. So, I asked if it had arrived or if it wouldnt ship until Friday, plus the 4 day time it takes to get to me (California to Wisconsin). The salesperson said he would get me an answer by going to his warehouse to see if it was dropped off today. Fast forward to this morning, Thursday.

I placed mynext order early this morning, still not having received any email from the salesperson. I called right wehn they opened to make sure my order was received since I had not received a confirmation email. The salesperson, who seemingly seemed to not understand his job whatsoever, confusingly tried to explain that my order was received but all the parts were not in stock, something that no where on the website was indicated. So i tried to work out an expedited shipping option for the parts that were in stock. After finding out that there was one part that could be expedited, the salesperson and I decided that overnight was the option. So, after agreeing to send the one part overnight and the others as they obviously were available, the call ended. Fast forward to tonight, Thursday evening. Still no confirmation email for any of the ordered parts. So, I placed another call to make sure everything was okay. Turns out, my part was not going to ship out because the order cant be broken up, even though my 30 minute call earlier in the day said there was no problem. I was not called or sent any correspondence that said my part would not arrive as agreed upon. I asked to speak to the manager and eventually decided that talking to the manager was a waste of my time since he seemed to not understand my disappointment in how myself and my order were being treated.

I would not recommend this business to anyone and I am looking around to try to order from another vendor. Please do not support businesses that treat their customers like crap. They dont deserve our money.

sorry for the rant...I look forward to posting more positive posts in the near future...

cheers
andrew
Aftermarket parts businesses typically have very little stock on hand. Many instead arrange for the parts -- especially if they're expensive -- to be drop shipped to the buyer directly from the manufacturer.

Neil
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Sorry to hear man. I know they are typically on point.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
GaryS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

Garage List
2009 135i  [6.50]
Sorry that you feel frustrated. Pretty soon you'll have all your parts, and then maybe you'll regret posting such a dramatic title on your thread, and posting in the 1M Coupe Forum instead of the 1 Series Vendor/Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum. See, people make mistakes sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
post this in the correct forum please; this is the 1M section. ive had 4 positive separate transactions with **********s so far so i hope you somehow resolve things with someone higher up the **********s food chain. its just parts though, dont trip! (i sometimes get frustrated myself i admit)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
Em/1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I think you might want to check your own pulse!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #7
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

god forbid we wait a day for the order to process before calling to make sure it was received..... lol
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
sorry about your experience. I have only had good experiences.

Please make sure you follow the forum rules and post in the appropriate sections. This belongs in the Vender Feedback section.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=265
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #9
VO 1M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

.... I have to laugh about this kind of posts.

by the way, I had only got experience with mod bargains with great customer service.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Ive had very good luck with Mod Bargains.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #11
b00st
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i

Unfortunate you aren't pleased. **********s has been great for me.

'12 Black Diamond CTS-V Sedan - Stock for now
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
I can see where the OP is coming from.
I ordered wheels from **********s because they said, directly to me over email, that they had them in stock.
Two and a half weeks later they tell me that they are actually shipping directly from the manufacturer. They never got me a tracking number, and two more weeks later the wheels just turned up unexpectedly.
They shouldn't say they have something in stock if they don't.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #13
TX1SERIESM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '13 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
Ive had very good luck with Mod Bargains.
+1

They offered competitive pricing and answered all of my technical questions before I placed my order.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #14
Andrewstoll5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 128i

Oops wrong forum!!!! Thanks for pointing this out...see, I can admit when I am wrong...yes everyone makes mistakes... the most frustrating part abut my experience with them was ...they never apologized for saying one thing and doing the complete opposite...instead they said I was the one in the wrong...I don't get frustrated easily, meditate every day several times so my pulse is very low...these people definitely made it rise
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #15
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

I have never had a bad experience with Mod Bargains. Great customer service and fast processing. I ordered the ER CP with Tial Q BOV and about an hour after I ordered it they called me and said it will take about 2 days for it to be made, etc. Will always pick them for a majority of my aftermarket parts, their prices are pretty hard to beat (yes I have tried to beat their prices with no success; one time their price was 10 cents less than a competitor ) And that was for the BMS DCI that's on sale for $95. It's like $94.90 on their site haha
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #16
SHFT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 6MT

Similar thing happened to me when I ordered a simple drop in filter and scoops from **********s. A bit frustrating considering they gave me the run around for about 2weeks and when I received my order they forgot to send the scoops. Needless to say in the aftermarket car parts buiz its hard to have a inventory stock large enough to cover your online store and many times you will get the short end of the stick. Learned that a little patients goes a long way.
      06-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #17
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHFT View Post
a little patients goes a long way.

How far does the little patient go?
      08-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #18
2012RYAN135
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i BLACK

just got a set of staggered 18'' BBBS lm MM6 reps from **********s. Called in, sales guy gave me the rims for the advertised cost and charged me no shipping cost. rims arrived in a week. pretty good service all round i thought.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #19
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i

Ordered KB3 Rims knowing they were out of stock with a shipment inbound. Ordered a complete wheel package.

I had wheels at my delivery address (a naval base in spain) in under 2 weeks.

I know this thread is somewhat old, but unless you are ordering direct from a manufacturer, there will always be issues with items not being in stock. As someone mentioned above most high value or large items are drop shipped direct from manufacturer. Just do your homework, get a good price, and be patient.

BTW the salesman I use at mod bargains was EXTREMELY knowledgeable with 1 series and gave me perfect fitment/recommendations for my rims.