E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I've changed my mind 30X now! HELP!

08-14-2005, 06:04 PM   #1
alex_alex
Rep
Drives: 330i

I've changed my mind 30X now! HELP!

Hello,

I'm in need of help! (My wife thinks maybe some meds are in order! LOL!). I get into analysis-paralysis over colours sometimes, and I'm stuck...

Ok, so I'm normally a Jet Black/Beige kindda guy. I hate wood trim, and didn't have to deal with it in my 328 (which was all plastic molding) and I had Z4 which had aluminum trim. Now I thought the Z4 with beige and aluminum looked good, looked great actually (seen below) considering I didn't like that car at all in the black/black format - too black for such a pocket sized car. That said, I think the black molding on the dash helped it work (which the new 330 doesn't have).

So, unless someone can show me an actual pick with beige/aluminum that works, I think I need to be safe and go with the wood trim if I'm going to do beige. My wife has the dark burl wood in the X5 and I've grown to like it, it's nice and warm. Or, do I just give up and go for black/black? I just came out of a sapphire black/black 745i (which I gave back after 2 months - more on that later) which was ok. I still prefer the contrast of a lighter interior on a darker exterior.

Next issue...
Black Sapphire or Jet Black? I've always preferred Jet (I know, more maintenance, more swirls if you don't take care), but my 745i was sapphire and I came to appreciate the flecks of gold and the more refined look it gave the 745i? Maybe it was just that sapphire suited such a big car and jet goes better with smaller cars? I know it looked better on the Z4 for sure, but not sure about the 330? I've seen both in the show room and really can't decide. My theory is that the jet will go better with the black interior and the sapphire with the beige? Sound about right? I also am starting to think that sapphire is better for your everyday driving car (which this will be) as opposed to what sits in the garage as a toy (as my Z4 was). I find that bmw jet black gives in to the elements a little too easy.

Right now my dealer has a sharphire black with beige interior and wood trim on hold for me. He will switch out the wood for aluminum if I tell him too. Any thoughts? Better yet, any pics? If I order a new one I'm looking at 10 weeks probably to get what I would order, which would be...
Jet Black
Black Interior
Aluminum Trim
Sunshade (which the car on the lot doesn't have)

If I take the one on hold...
Sapphire Black
Beige Interior
Wood Trim
No Sunshade!

HELP!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
z1ppo325i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: blk.s e90 325i

uh.. I dont get this post.. what is your question? just go with the one that your wife likes if you like all those thing you said you had/have....
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2005, 07:40 PM   #3
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Whatever happened to the 745i? I missed that part.....

Anywayz....black on black is a great choice.....but lots of maitenance on the exterior as much as in the interior(if you have kids-footprints everywhere...gotta wiped them down daily!)
      08-14-2005, 07:51 PM   #4
xspeedy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Have you thought about Terra? If you like that combo with aluminum, that is an option for you. Terra does look very nice with Black exterior.

Otherwise, I think the Beige/Walnut is the best combo.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2005, 08:11 PM   #5
fredtoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325 328 350

Garage List
1986 328  [0.00]
2006 325  [0.00]
Stop thinking so much!

It is both:
a- pretty hard to made a bad choice for color, interior and exterior
b- Impossible to pick a color choice that will not have you second guessing.

I suggest giving the woman some input on the color choice. This is a win - win.
If the color choice is good, it is because you "let her" pick them out, if it doesn't work, it's her fault for picking them.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2005, 08:30 PM   #6
alex_alex
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1ppo325i
uh.. I dont get this post.. what is your question? just go with the one that your wife likes if you like all those thing you said you had/have....
Sorry, I was a little long winded in my question...

Does anyone have a real pic with beige interior and aluminum trim? Seen some photoshop jobs, but that's it. I fear since I've never seen the colour combo it might be the only one that is offensive.

Re: my 745i -
My firm does fleet leasing with BMW here in TO. I was offered an incredible deal on one. Worked out much less than a 545i. Couldn't resist, did the deal without even test driving the car. Long story short I hated the car. For a guy that much prefers smaller, tighter handling sedans, it reminded me of an old 70's boat. Features were nice, seats were comfortable, but it just wasn't me. I also couldn't stand the iDrive system for so many reasons. One of which was the tuner within would only pick up stereo signals when at optimum levels, drove me crazy listening to FM in mono most of the time. I know, such a little issue, but it was one of 50. Needless to say, I won't be getting NAV/I-Drive on the 330.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2005, 11:46 PM   #7
alex_alex
Rep

I found a pic. Don't think I'd like it, but it's hard to tell without a full dash shot.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2005, 01:54 AM   #8
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

I think this photo above is the matt titanium and not the alluminium...

I personally prefer the saphire black...
If you liked the beige alum in your Z4 - you will like it in your 330i. It's the same, beige seats, alum trim, black dash!

I would go for the one the dealer is keeping, with the alum trim and all is good

As for a sunshade...just get a good tint done, like huber optic. BMW's sunshades are very overpriced!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2005, 02:00 AM   #9
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
In my opinion- i think the dark wood would look nice with the beige interior. I think the dark wood would bring out the lightness of the beige, and vice versa. Its also neutral colors (beige, coffee, cream, browns).. it blends nicely.
      08-15-2005, 03:38 AM   #10
davinet78
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Garage List
go for the beige with light wood on it i know you dont like wood but the combination with beige is just stunning
      08-15-2005, 09:05 AM   #11
alex_alex
Rep

Thanks for some of the suggestions...

I'm thinking that beige with the aluminum trim must be very uncommon given that I can find a pic of every colour combo except that one. And yes, the above pic would appear to be out of a 325 with the titanium.

Just about settled on the beige with wood (dark burl - really, really don't like the light wood, and I don't even think it's an option here in Canada?), unless anyone has a good pic of it with the aluminum.

TKS!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2005, 09:19 AM   #12
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

I like beige with aluminium......

Seriously, Bella says

"In my opinion- i think the dark wood would look nice with the beige interior. I think the dark wood would bring out the lightness of the beige, and vice versa. Its also neutral colors (beige, coffee, cream, browns).. it blends nicely."

so there's your answer!!!

How could you possibly disagree with her.............

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2005, 09:23 AM   #13
alex_alex
Rep

Was there suppose to be a pic posted about?

(wishfull thinking that someone has a pic of beige with aluminum?)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2005, 09:27 AM   #14
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_alex
Was there suppose to be a pic posted about?

(wishfull thinking that someone has a pic of beige with aluminum?)
Sorry Alex....no, no picture.....just being ......sorry!

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2005, 09:51 AM   #15
alex_alex
Rep

A user was kind enough to send me a pick of beige/aluminum! Thanks so much. However, I think it's the titanium vs. the aluminum, but it tells the story, which is it looks good, but I think I prefer the beige/burl myself. Have a look at the two side-by-side.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0