BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
~AJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

Deploying to Iraq soon. Need military sales advice!

US Navy, and I am going to Iraq very soon.

I gave in to my wife and agreed to buy her a 335i instead of a 135i since I can take advantage of BMW's nice military sales program. We had been planning on taking a trip to Holland this summer to visit her family and EDing a 135i while there. Change of plans.

We will still ED a 335i after I return in 2009.

I am seeking tips, advice and wisdom in regards to purchasing a BMW through Pentagon Sales from anyone who has been through the process. Post here, or send PM, but your comments are desired!

-AJ
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 02:16 AM   #2
RXC135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 Blue Water 135i Coupe

Not sure what your questions are AJ. I am guessing you are going for a 6 month tour? Not a bad deal to be able to use military sales. Well you can order as many cars as you would like through military sales you just need to be on orders OCONUS or deployed. Not only do you get a price break on MSRP but you have no federal taxes to pay if you get like 20 miles on the care before it goes back (the CA could even make that happen if you couldn't). I haven't worked with Pentagon but my military CA only adds ~$280 to the price of the car which covers processing all the paper work to make it tax free (i.e. VAT) and transportation to my local dealership from the factory.

For you shipping to the states would be the only snag but I believe BMW will ship directly to port for about $500.

I PM'd you the contact info for my CA, much more individual oriented than Pentagon in my experience. Just tell Pam that Chris sent you her way and she will fix you right up. I would imagine you can start the process before you leave.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #3
320Devil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 17 X5M

Aj, I'll PM you the contact info of my BMW sales rep. She works for First Choice Military Sales program and they are in the business of specifically ordering BMW's for service members or contractors deployed to the Middle East. So far she's been super helpful and the process has been easy. I've already put down my deposit and have singed my contract. Currently waiting on a production number I will be getting any day now. She was even able to schedule a May build date so the car will arrive in the States a week or two before I get back in early August. You'll also be very impressed with the military sales price too. In the pricing thread there is a link to the military price sheet, so you can see how much your car will be all optioned out. The shipping price is now only $775 vice $2100 like it used to be. If you have any questions please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
~AJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

Thanks, guys. Exactly the feedback I am seeking.

-AJ
Appreciate 0