BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
JSAN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Lightweight wheels w/aggressive offset on 1M recommendations

I am looking at BBS FI in 19 x 9.5 +28 and 19 x 10.5 +23 wheels as I want to get wheels that fill the guards without spacers (illegal in australia). Does anyone know if these will be too aggrressive and stick out of the guard too much??

Any other recommendations on light weight wheels that fill the guard of the 1M without spacers also appreciated

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
bklounge
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAN View Post
I am looking at BBS FI in 19 x 9.5 +28 and 19 x 10.5 +23 wheels as I want to get wheels that fill the guards without spacers (illegal in australia). Does anyone know if these will be too aggrressive and stick out of the guard too much??

Any other recommendations on light weight wheels that fill the guard of the 1M without spacers also appreciated

Thanks
On stock suspension, your rears will rub the fenders over medium bumps with PSS 295/30-19. I currently have weds 19 x 10.5 +24 with these tires installed. I previously had 285/30/19 conti's installed, and there was no rub. So tire choice will be key to avoid rubbing.

Your fronts should be fine, but you'll rub at full lock with 265/30/19.
Appreciate 0