BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-29-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
Jason135i
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i Convertible

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
AFE Scorcher GT installed, only $79!

I got a steal on an aFe Scorcher GT module for only $79 at Bav Auto. https://www.bavauto.com/bmw-scorcher...module-7746311
I’m not sure if it was mispriced or not since they are usually around $500, but they are still $94 as of now without the Black Friday discount I got.

Car feels like it has much more torque, I can spin the rear wheels like crazy with traction control off. This seemed like a perfect power module for me since I wanted a simple install with the ability to switch the power levels with the press of a button while driving. It's no JB4 but it didn't cost a fortune or take all day to install.

Here are a few photos and install tips

I used Velcro and cable ties to secure module to the little strut brace. With the cabin filter reinstalled it is hidden from sight and in a dry spot.

I for the life of me could not find a way to route the button controller cable through the firewall so I just ran it under the master cylinder cover, around the door jam and under the inside weatherstrip. Not perfect but it works.

I then popped out a little cover above the trunk release and mounted the button controller there.

After cutting a small notch in the cover for the cable it reinstalled perfectly.

I like this location for the controller because it can still be seen and pressed without cluttering up on the dash. I can now switch between 4 modes: Stock (no extra boost), Sport (+2.5 psi boost), Sport+ (+3.5 psi boost), and Race (+4.5 psi boost). Not 100% sure if these are the exact boost levels.

Last edited by Jason135i; 11-29-2018 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 1