E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help Calm Me Down . . .

09-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #23
coco
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bimmmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloso5
Funny thing, after reading this post I decided to finally make an appointment to get my alarm installed, I already have the part just need it installed. The tech told me that at this moment they can not installed the alarm because they are waiting for BMW to give them retro fit instructions. I’m like, “what do you mean retro fit instructions I know other people have got the alarm installed with no problem". He said there was a problem with how they now need to run an extra wire to install the alarm correctly. He said he was going to investigate and would give me a call as soon as he found out.
Hah that's funny how we have all the BMW retrofit instructiosn here in the DIY thread and a lot of service departments don't even have it or know they have it.

If ure tech needs the sirius satellite install instructions too, he can come here for it.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1721
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #24
bhattimalik
Rep
n/a
Drives:

These freakin dealerships suck. I had a brand new Mercedes before this e90 and took it once to the service dept to get a software update. When they were done I noticed a little chunck of wheel missing. I was so pissed but naturally they didn't agree to it. I'm the kind of person who can tel if there is even a new spot on my car. The best way is to have them walk around the car with you and to make them acknowledge that there is nothing wrong with the car. And when you recieve the car walk arond it and then tell the f#$%ers that what they caused!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 06:49 PM   #25
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325i

how much was it ?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 07:09 PM   #26
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiMMa b0i M3
hopefully everything works out well with you. btw, would the dealership happen to be sterling bmw or crevier bmw just out of curiousity
Crevier. The sales experience was top notch.

Service . . . they'll never get another chance to make a first impression on me.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #27
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwboy29
I can definately feel for you, if it happens to me ever I would go NUTS on them! They have NO right to treat you and your baby like crap!
I appreciate your support. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 07:13 PM   #28
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran
alarm module??? retrofit?? did you have a fatory bmw alarm installed??
Yes, it is the factory alarm. Turns out the instructions are part of the 330i Owner's Manual. They could have just pointed that out and the experience would have been a whole lot better.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 07:17 PM   #29
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal
Talk you down??? Not here bro..... i'd say go back there and bust ass!
Bastards, how do they sell such luxury, and not know how to service it??

I like your config, sweet car dude, go out for a drive, that'll cool things down.

G'Luck!! and Enjoy
LMAO! Thanks, I've taken care of it and it's all good now. Thanks for the cudos on my config. Yours is sweet too!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 07:19 PM   #30
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal
C'mon dude, was that really necessary??
The guy's just askin' for some moral support!

sheesh!
True. True.

Thx noc.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 07:23 PM   #31
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
The alarm software needs to be loaded at installation, its done via the "Alarm Retrofit" function on the GT1 computer at the dealer. That is what the "software upgrade" was.
Thanks Fleet. If they weren't in such a hurry and would have taken the time to explain to me in detail the experience would have been much better. The dude acted as if he was too busy to take any more time with me.

Put into perspective, I wasn't a revenue generating customer. They just owed me the alarm per my contract and I'm sure they just wanted me out of there. Bad judgement on their part.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #32
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
I don't think you're being too picky to expect your car to be well cared for and clean when your dealer has it. Next time, put a few bumper stickers on the loaner, and let some ice cream melt in the passenger seat and see how they like it.
I would mention it to them, in a controlled tone, and tell them that you are disappointed with the condition of the vehicle. Also tell them that it will be reflected if BMWUSA contacts you for a service feedback, and if not you will contact them.
Thanks ZEP. I don't think so either, in fact, I know so! LOL! And I will be letting them know my disappointment first chance I get.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #33
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloso5
Funny thing, after reading this post I decided to finally make an appointment to get my alarm installed, I already have the part just need it installed. The tech told me that at this moment they can not installed the alarm because they are waiting for BMW to give them retro fit instructions. I’m like, “what do you mean retro fit instructions I know other people have got the alarm installed with no problem". He said there was a problem with how they now need to run an extra wire to install the alarm correctly. He said he was going to investigate and would give me a call as soon as he found out.
You should be good to go now, as they have the software update that is needed to complete the installation.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 07:29 PM   #34
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball pete
how much was it ?
?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 08:11 PM   #35
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Arrow

Quote:
how much was it ?
Pete, it didn't cost me anything 'cause I got the salesman to "throw it into the deal." However, I think their cost, not including labor to install, is $480. I might be wrong on this, but I think I saw this somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2005, 04:00 AM   #36
eloso5
Enlisted Member
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Jet Black

Quote:
how much was it ?
Factory list price on the alarm is $300 I think. I got mine on eBay for $123. The install is going to cost me $165 at my dealer.
      09-23-2005, 06:00 AM   #37
davinet78
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Garage List
im glad youve calmed down and from here on just enjoy the car.