BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-26-2018, 07:13 AM   #23
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Glad to hear that! You're back in business.

I've had the same wheels since 2011 without any damage. Don't know how I've managed that. Lots of luck, I guess.

Granted, I don't have the same weather ravaged roads that you have. I have dodged my share of potholes, though. lol
The roads here are absolute trash, they fill massive holes with gravel and expect it to stay put

Quote:
Originally Posted by YearOneOne View Post
I was gonna say I swore I've seen some retailers with these
I found M310's at a few different retailers but only one had the exact spec I needed. And they only had two left, considered getting both lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parnet17 View Post
Bring the picture of the wheel and receipt to the city and try to get reimbursed.
Some cities will. Worth a shot
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Fat chance. DC is all about extorting money with as many ways as they can. With that mentality, do you really think they would pay out anything on this? At one point, they wanted to put up toll booths to enter into the city.

I hate going into the DC. I only go to a select few spots if I have to. When you enter the city, that weird sensation you're feeling near your hip/thigh isn't some sort of health issue. It's DC trying to pick pocket the money out of your wallet. Between the overly aggressive meter maids (along with the worst signage to trap you into violations), to virtually a speed camera on every block, to the same aggressiveness with red light cameras which coincidentally have awfully short yellows, you'll be lucky to make it out of there without paying the DC visit tax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
You'd think with all that money they're making they could fix the roads so our fellow 1ADDICT wouldn't land in one of their potholes and total his wheel.
Turns out it's a Maryland State road on the section I hit the pothole, and also apparently someone else needs to have reported the issue 24hrs before your vehicle was damaged.... so I submitted a claim to MD State Treasurer and we'll see what comes of it. From what I've heard from others in the area anything about $500 they just tell you to go to your insurance. So hopefully since I'm just asking for $250 for the wheel they'll just pay it and forget about it? *sigh*