BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-08-2016, 07:28 PM   #111
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
jtodd_fl's Avatar
6582
Rep
1,286
Posts

Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Finally started the laundry room tile. Won't be finished up until later this week.
Cool combo of white brick pattern and glass mosaic. Looks great.
__________________
This space for rent.
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2016, 08:12 PM   #112
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
Mr Tonka's Avatar
United_States
5846
Rep
2,299
Posts

Drives: Something Italian
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweatypeninsula

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Finally started the laundry room tile. Won't be finished up until later this week.
Cool combo of white brick pattern and glass mosaic. Looks great.
Thanks. I like how it's going.

Planning on using a pail green paint that coordinates with the glass tile above the glass tile and on the wall opposite of the glass tile.

Glass should pop a bit more once grouted.
__________________
"There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law and in the name of justice. -Charles de Secondat"
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic59612_1.gif
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 09:39 PM   #113
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
sirdaft1's Avatar
United_States
1975
Rep
3,321
Posts

Drives: '12 X5 xDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago West Burbs

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Anyone have any summertime house projects underway?

We did a full remodel to our main bathroom. We REALLY miss that smurf look lol

Before


During


After
Appreciate 7
mantis154.50

      06-29-2016, 08:46 AM   #114
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
Naz24's Avatar
United_States
1533
Rep
1,725
Posts

Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North/Central NJ

iTrader: (1)

I dig this thread. My father is a builder, he just finished up a new house for my mom and him. They've been asking me what they should coat the garage floor with, any ideas? (PS i had them put a hot/cold water hose hook up and heat in there so when i visit i can wash my car inside )
__________________

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 08:47 AM   #115
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
Naz24's Avatar
United_States
1533
Rep
1,725
Posts

Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North/Central NJ

iTrader: (1)

Some photos
Attached Images
  
__________________

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 10
mantis154.50

      06-29-2016, 08:51 AM   #116
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
Naz24's Avatar
United_States
1533
Rep
1,725
Posts

Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North/Central NJ

iTrader: (1)

And my own project this year in my small two family investment property. I live here too. A few before/after photos
Attached Images
    
__________________

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 8
mantis154.50

      06-29-2016, 10:12 AM   #117
Kwando
Major
Kwando's Avatar
Canada
407
Rep
1,433
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
Some photos
Love it. I'm stealing this kitchen idea. It's mine now.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #118
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
Naz24's Avatar
United_States
1533
Rep
1,725
Posts

Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North/Central NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Love it. I'm stealing this kitchen idea. It's mine now.
Lmao.

If you notice, the lack of upper cabinets really opens up the kitchen and gives it a lot more light. I think people box their kitchens is far too much with upper cabinets everywhere. I like the windows instead
__________________

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 10:35 AM   #119
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
sirdaft1's Avatar
United_States
1975
Rep
3,321
Posts

Drives: '12 X5 xDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago West Burbs

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
Some photos
Wowwwwww. That looks incredible. Was that new construction or a remodel?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #120
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
sirdaft1's Avatar
United_States
1975
Rep
3,321
Posts

Drives: '12 X5 xDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago West Burbs

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
I dig this thread. My father is a builder, he just finished up a new house for my mom and him. They've been asking me what they should coat the garage floor with, any ideas? (PS i had them put a hot/cold water hose hook up and heat in there so when i visit i can wash my car inside )
I used two different options, both from Home Depot. One was a tinted epoxy "Charcoal" color I believe that I used in my 2nd garage. I love the way it looks. The second was more of a painted epoxy with speckled flakes. If I did it all over again, I would probably have just used the tinted epoxy on both. It seems to have been a bit more durable over the past few years.


Before (dirty, stained concrete floor)


During (we dry walled as well)


After


And this is how we finished our main garage.
Before


After
Appreciate 2
mantis154.50

      06-29-2016, 11:24 AM   #121
blau iii
Lieutenant
101
Rep
434
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i schwartz on scwartz
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

I did this backyard two years ago. The only thing I hired out for was the excavation. Everything else, all 100,000 of rock that was move was by me, by hand.

View post on imgur.com


I've since built a nice benchtop out of trex and I'm currently looking to build a pergola over part of it.
Appreciate 2
      06-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #122
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
sirdaft1's Avatar
United_States
1975
Rep
3,321
Posts

Drives: '12 X5 xDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago West Burbs

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blau iii View Post
I did this backyard two years ago. The only thing I hired out for was the excavation. Everything else, all 100,000 of rock that was move was by me, by hand.

View post on imgur.com


I've since built a nice benchtop out of trex and I'm currently looking to build a pergola over part of it.
Job well done! That's seriously impressive.

I built a firepit last year with a fraction the # of bricks and threw my back out in the process. Couldn't imagine taking on a project like that. Repped.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 11:32 AM   #123
blau iii
Lieutenant
101
Rep
434
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i schwartz on scwartz
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1 View Post
Job well done! That's seriously impressive.

I built a firepit last year with a fraction the # of bricks and threw my back out in the process. Couldn't imagine taking on a project like that. Repped.
Prior to the 335i i had a 2012 f150 that worked like a champ.. It was tough. those wall blocks weigh 82lbs each. doesn't sound that bad but when you life 50/day, it adds up!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #124
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
995
Rep
6,277
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Man, I don't know how some of you guys live in houses where you can practically touch your neighbors house from you kitchen window. That would drive me nuts!

I've had my hands full for the last few weekends.

> I had a crew come in to add central AC to the house (built in 1935) which is up and running and I LOVE IT.

> I hired a company to stain the deck but I told them to stop after the primer because I hated the color. I spent the next day staining it myself the proper color.

old color and wrong color:
Name:  deck old.jpg
Views: 1795
Size:  104.4 KB

new color and wrong color:
Name:  deck new.jpg
Views: 1825
Size:  128.3 KB

completed new color (in the sun):
Name:  deck done.jpg
Views: 1796
Size:  113.1 KB

> Stained our wood shed and regular shed.

wood shed before I started on the trim:
Name:  wood shed.jpg
Views: 1833
Size:  121.7 KB

shed shed:
Name:  shed.jpg
Views: 1667
Size:  159.1 KB

> Put my geometry skills to the test and added a cross-brace to the gate in our driveway

Name:  gate.jpg
Views: 1696
Size:  135.7 KB

> Painted the front door and also had a crew come and clean the gutters. Those guys are crazy.

Name:  front door.jpg
Views: 1785
Size:  45.5 KB
Attached Images
 
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 06-29-2016 at 12:09 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-29-2016, 12:40 PM   #125
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
Naz24's Avatar
United_States
1533
Rep
1,725
Posts

Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North/Central NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1 View Post
I used two different options, both from Home Depot. One was a tinted epoxy "Charcoal" color I believe that I used in my 2nd garage. I love the way it looks. The second was more of a painted epoxy with speckled flakes. If I did it all over again, I would probably have just used the tinted epoxy on both. It seems to have been a bit more durable over the past few years.


Before (dirty, stained concrete floor)


During (we dry walled as well)


After


And this is how we finished our main garage.
Before


After

I'll try the epoxy. durable "paint" seems to be a problem as it starts to chip and flake over the years, and the following layers do the same. This is going to be installed on new concrete, so hopefully it adheres well
__________________

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 12:42 PM   #126
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
Naz24's Avatar
United_States
1533
Rep
1,725
Posts

Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North/Central NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1 View Post
Wowwwwww. That looks incredible. Was that new construction or a remodel?
It's new construction. The planning of this house took years, even for an experienced builder. Every piece of the layout was really nit-picked
__________________

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 12:45 PM   #127
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7788
Rep
7,355
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Man, I don't know how some of you guys live in houses where you can practically touch your neighbors house from you kitchen window. That would drive me nuts!
It's better when its the BATHROOM windows that you can reach thru, because then they can hand you a spare roll when you run out
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #128
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
PoorLurker's Avatar
No_Country
1072
Rep
580
Posts

Drives: a bicycle
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
It's better when its the BATHROOM windows that you can reach thru, because then they can hand you a spare roll when you run out
Can you spare a square, neighbor?
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #129
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3676
Rep
10,294
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

got fucking damn you people...house poor here in SF...$1.2M shack.
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 03:50 PM   #130
robbys3m3
Major
665
Rep
1,130
Posts

Drives: M3's
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tulsa, OK

iTrader: (1)

before and after shots of our house's garage before we moved in, and then after with the 4 bay and lift added, as well as a little car port.
Attached Images
  
__________________
2019 X7, 2018 M3 CS, 2016 M4 GTS, 2013 M3 LRP, 2011 1M, 2011 M3 GTRS3, 2004 M3, 2002 M3, 2000 M Coupe, 1997 M3, 1988 M3, 2015 Huracan, 2013 Gallardo SL, 2013 Gallardo 550-2, 2018 R8 RWS, 2012 R8, 2007 Techart 997TT, 1971 Bronco
Appreciate 3
mantis154.50

      06-29-2016, 04:18 PM   #131
nholmes
Track Whore
nholmes's Avatar
United_States
489
Rep
1,636
Posts

Drives: women wild
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Yay Area

iTrader: (15)

Finally finished the lift. Added a bottom safety lock location for tires, brakes and fluid changes.

Ceiling is 96" and the door is in the way when it's open if the car is nose in, but the middle safety lock position on the posts is more than high enough for 99% of the stuff I do with my track car.

I ended up going with the epoxy anchors because I'm paranoid and I have two daughters and a wife. All of them hold 95 ft/lbs without issue, no pulling up or spinning. I love it. At one point I had a small piece of concrete spall under one of the bolts thanks to the plate not being 100% smooth/flush to the concrete, but that was a small piece that doesn't concern me much. The thickness of the slab was exactly 4" with a void, so I was forced to use hardware cloth. I regret using 1/4" because the epoxy was able to flow pretty easily through the openings (in the end, it worked just fine) so if I add any extra holes to allow for wider cars (I purchased extra anchors) I'll be using 1/8" hardware cloth.

I decided on higher quality fittings as well as skid steer quick release fittings and custom lines from Discount Hydraulics. The lines turned out great, but I went with connectors that don't swivel which quickly made running the hydraulic lines a bit of a challenge, especially when trying to connect two lines to a 90* elbow. After an order for some 90* swivel fittings, I was on my way.

I routed the lines up and over since I won't be moving the posts much and I wanted a wall mount solution for the pump. I borrowed a similar design I found here that I liked and went with that. Works like a charm.

Great product and the quality of life improvement over having to throw down jackstands and use a jack is worth it, no question.













































__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinwide View Post
Even though you answered my PM like you're missing a chromosome or have some other issues I still want these.
Appreciate 5
FCobra942399.00

      06-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #132
#Tee
Major General
#Tee's Avatar
546
Rep
5,367
Posts

Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nholmes View Post
Finally finished the lift. Added a bottom safety lock location for tires, brakes and fluid changes.

Ceiling is 96" and the door is in the way when it's open if the car is nose in, but the middle safety lock position on the posts is more than high enough for 99% of the stuff I do with my track car.

I ended up going with the epoxy anchors because I'm paranoid and I have two daughters and a wife. All of them hold 95 ft/lbs without issue, no pulling up or spinning. I love it. At one point I had a small piece of concrete spall under one of the bolts thanks to the plate not being 100% smooth/flush to the concrete, but that was a small piece that doesn't concern me much. The thickness of the slab was exactly 4" with a void, so I was forced to use hardware cloth. I regret using 1/4" because the epoxy was able to flow pretty easily through the openings (in the end, it worked just fine) so if I add any extra holes to allow for wider cars (I purchased extra anchors) I'll be using 1/8" hardware cloth.

I decided on higher quality fittings as well as skid steer quick release fittings and custom lines from Discount Hydraulics. The lines turned out great, but I went with connectors that don't swivel which quickly made running the hydraulic lines a bit of a challenge, especially when trying to connect two lines to a 90* elbow. After an order for some 90* swivel fittings, I was on my way.

I routed the lines up and over since I won't be moving the posts much and I wanted a wall mount solution for the pump. I borrowed a similar design I found here that I liked and went with that. Works like a charm.

Great product and the quality of life improvement over having to throw down jackstands and use a jack is worth it, no question.
thats a manly mans diy! you won the house project award lol clap:
__________________

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST