BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-01-2008, 01:02 AM   #1
morgie2
First Lieutenant
morgie2's Avatar
10
Rep
377
Posts

Drives: 135i convertible
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Comfort Access

Does comfort access allow you to put the roof down with the key, or can you do it with the key anyway, without the comfort access?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 03:13 AM   #2
Slay0r
First Lieutenant
Slay0r's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
337
Posts

Drives: 08 135i, 08 E92 ///M,13 535i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

yes, if could continue to hold the unlock button on the fob, the windows will roll down as well as the sunroof
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #3
morgie2
First Lieutenant
morgie2's Avatar
10
Rep
377
Posts

Drives: 135i convertible
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay0r View Post
yes, if could continue to hold the unlock button on the fob, the windows will roll down as well as the sunroof
I don't need comfort access for that, right?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
ORIGIN M.
Banned
3112
Rep
9,210
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern Hemisphere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgie2 View Post
I don't need comfort access for that, right?
Correct.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
EspressoBoy's Avatar
Canada
30
Rep
1,019
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i 08
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (1)

Comfort access is nice if you want to keep the do-hicky (FOB) in your pocket and not have to plug it in, like a key. It also is nice that if you have 2 drivers with 2 different seat settings, it knows, and will automatically adjust the car for the driver who unlocks the car. Also it is nice to be able to walk up to the car and open the windows and sunroof as you are talking to someone... Then you can sit in a car that is not stuffy and hot. So far everyone I know here, who got it love it.

As I have said about 20 times before... my opinion is ...

85% car drive
5% turbo (that's me... I love the power!!!)
10% everything else

In order of options...

Sport (for sure)
USB
everything else is after that.

I must say if I lived in Cali or somewhere with very little snow I would consider the vert.

Comfort access is nice, but if you have a tight budget, it's not that big of a deal. Oh and those ordering 2009, idrive looks totally sick! If you travel, and like NAV, to be able to send yourself waypoints is also a must.

Each will vary obviously.

EspressoBoy
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #6
morgie2
First Lieutenant
morgie2's Avatar
10
Rep
377
Posts

Drives: 135i convertible
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspressoBoy View Post
Comfort access is nice if you want to keep the do-hicky (FOB) in your pocket and not have to plug it in, like a key. It also is nice that if you have 2 drivers with 2 different seat settings, it knows, and will automatically adjust the car for the driver who unlocks the car. Also it is nice to be able to walk up to the car and open the windows and sunroof as you are talking to someone... Then you can sit in a car that is not stuffy and hot. So far everyone I know here, who got it love it.

As I have said about 20 times before... my opinion is ...

85% car drive
5% turbo (that's me... I love the power!!!)
10% everything else

In order of options...

Sport (for sure)
USB
everything else is after that.

I must say if I lived in Cali or somewhere with very little snow I would consider the vert.

Comfort access is nice, but if you have a tight budget, it's not that big of a deal. Oh and those ordering 2009, idrive looks totally sick! If you travel, and like NAV, to be able to send yourself waypoints is also a must.

Each will vary obviously.

EspressoBoy
I hear ya. If it's the only way to open the convertible top being outside the car, that seals it and I'd get it. Otherwise, I wouldn't. I just can't seem to get a definitive answer. For U.S. production, I'd like to know. Thanks for the imput. It's appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #7
dbtheo
1addicts CA
dbtheo's Avatar
58
Rep
1,242
Posts

Drives: F30 335xi
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
There is some confusion here

  1. if you have a convertible, you need CA to lower the top remotely
  2. if you have a coupe, you do NOT need ca to lower the windows and moonroof.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #8
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
EspressoBoy's Avatar
Canada
30
Rep
1,019
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i 08
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (1)

I have Comfort Access.
I live in Canada and as far as I know, cars act exactly the same way as USA.
I drive the Coupe version.

FOB can open windows and sunroof
FOB can close windows BUT NOT SUNROOF
seems those who decide what we can handle have decided we might
decapitate our kids, dogs, passenters, or... what ever...

Being USA and there is a lawsuit for just about anything (please don't do it..) they just saw it prudent to not include this sunroof closing feature.

personally it's nice to be able to close the sunroof as it does rain!!!! I would not mind signing some waiver to have it enabled! If you are reading this, please give this option!

Other than that, I love Comfort access. Sorry I can't comment on the vert. (it would not mean much if I did) Other than saying verts are super cool. Oh on that note, sunroof feels much like driving a vert and I am very happy with it!

Hope that helps

EspressoBoy
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #9
morgie2
First Lieutenant
morgie2's Avatar
10
Rep
377
Posts

Drives: 135i convertible
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
  1. if you have a convertible, you need CA to lower the top remotely
  2. if you have a coupe, you do NOT need ca to lower the windows and moonroof.
thanks db
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #10
morgie2
First Lieutenant
morgie2's Avatar
10
Rep
377
Posts

Drives: 135i convertible
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspressoBoy View Post
I have Comfort Access.
I live in Canada and as far as I know, cars act exactly the same way as USA.
I drive the Coupe version.

FOB can open windows and sunroof
FOB can close windows BUT NOT SUNROOF
seems those who decide what we can handle have decided we might
decapitate our kids, dogs, passenters, or... what ever...

Being USA and there is a lawsuit for just about anything (please don't do it..) they just saw it prudent to not include this sunroof closing feature.

personally it's nice to be able to close the sunroof as it does rain!!!! I would not mind signing some waiver to have it enabled! If you are reading this, please give this option!

Other than that, I love Comfort access. Sorry I can't comment on the vert. (it would not mean much if I did) Other than saying verts are super cool. Oh on that note, sunroof feels much like driving a vert and I am very happy with it!

Hope that helps

EspressoBoy
thanks EspressoBoy
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 12:17 AM   #11
marvenmassey
Private First Class
Canada
8
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: '2011 AW CR DCT 135
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oakville

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspressoBoy View Post
idrive looks totally sick! If you travel, and like NAV, to be able to send yourself waypoints is also a must.
EspressoBoy
This is one of the main reasons I am waiting on the MY2009;:wink:
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST