BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
masta_betty
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2008

iTrader: (0)

Just bought 2009 128i and questions....

What's up 1Addicts crew!! Glad to be a part of the community! :smile: I just purchased a 2009 128i and plan to participate in the Euro Delivery. I got a great deal too: $32800 (including Dest. & Handling) before taxes and tags!!! Here are the specs:

2009 128i Alpine White, Lt Walnut Trim, Savanah Beige Leather
Step. Auto
Navi. System
Prem. Pkge
HD Radio

Big ups to Maz at VOB BMW in Rockville, MD and to Irv at MotorWerks in Illinois - great honest advice and ambitious business man.

There was just one issue though: I wanna get the car delivered from Munich to SC for the PDC delivery but my CA said that it would be very very difficult for that to happen because of the high amount traffic they already get. Is this a common problem or is this guy just giving me a hard time? I really did insist that this get done because Lord know the next time that I'll have the opportunity to experience that here in the States. What do you guys/gals (there have to be a few) think I should do?

Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #2
morgie2
First Lieutenant
morgie2's Avatar
10
Rep
377
Posts

Drives: 135i convertible
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masta_betty View Post
What's up 1Addicts crew!! Glad to be a part of the community! :smile: I just purchased a 2009 128i and plan to participate in the Euro Delivery. I got a great deal too: $32800 (including Dest. & Handling) before taxes and tags!!! Here are the specs:

2009 128i Alpine White, Lt Walnut Trim, Savanah Beige Leather
Step. Auto
Navi. System
Prem. Pkge
HD Radio

Big ups to Maz at VOB BMW in Rockville, MD and to Irv at MotorWerks in Illinois - great honest advice and ambitious business man.

There was just one issue though: I wanna get the car delivered from Munich to SC for the PDC delivery but my CA said that it would be very very difficult for that to happen because of the high amount traffic they already get. Is this a common problem or is this guy just giving me a hard time? I really did insist that this get done because Lord know the next time that I'll have the opportunity to experience that here in the States. What do you guys/gals (there have to be a few) think I should do?

Thanks a lot!
Congrats and welcome. I've heard people do it all the time. My advice would be to ask your buddy Irv Robinson. He is the man and will definitely know the answer.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 05:45 AM   #3
Jack in Jax
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
226
Posts

Drives: Pearson 424 Ketch
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jacksonville FL

iTrader: (0)

Based on comments of salesmen at multiple BMW dealers that I've been given, there is no reason an ED can't be combined with a PDC delivery. In fact, it's the best possible combo, I think, presuming you don't mind getting to and driving home from South Carolina.

Jack
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
ssiddiq1
First Lieutenant
United_States
49
Rep
301
Posts

Drives: BSM 1M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

how were you able to get $1425 below ED invoice? I calculated ED invoice on those specs to be $34225
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
masta_betty
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2008

iTrader: (0)

I actually calculated invoice/MSRP to be $32,345/$35,105. Here's the breakdown for 2009:
128i = $24,985/$27,155
Step. Auto = $1,260/$1325
Navi = $1,910/$2100
Prem. Pckg = $3,365/$3700
Dest/Handling = $825

It was a great deal that no other dealer in my area could even come close to. So, yeah; I hope those number are right. What figures are you using?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #6
masta_betty
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiddiq1 View Post
how were you able to get $1425 below ED invoice? I calculated ED invoice on those specs to be $34225
BTW...HD Radio is included in the Navi System. Has anybody seen the new Terracotta Brown Leather that's included as an option for 2009 1er's? I was debating gettin it but didn't want something too orange.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #7
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
52
Rep
1,739
Posts

Drives: to work, mostly.
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania / Detroit, Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masta_betty View Post
I actually calculated invoice/MSRP to be $32,345/$35,105. Here's the breakdown for 2009:
128i = $24,985/$27,155
Step. Auto = $1,260/$1325
Navi = $1,910/$2100
Prem. Pckg = $3,365/$3700
Dest/Handling = $825

It was a great deal that no other dealer in my area could even come close to. So, yeah; I hope those number are right. What figures are you using?

What dealership did you use?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
masta_betty
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2008

iTrader: (0)

I went to VOB BMW in Rockville, MD.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #9
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
2013
Rep
10,169
Posts

Drives: '97 332ti, '18 F31, '16 GT4
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masta_betty View Post
BTW...HD Radio is included in the Navi System. Has anybody seen the new Terracotta Brown Leather that's included as an option for 2009 1er's? I was debating gettin it but didn't want something too orange.
It's not a new option. I have it in my car:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5705
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #10
masta_betty
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
It's not a new option. I have it in my car:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5705
God bless you!! LOLOL...I've been searching for a picture of this Terracotta leather for days on the internet. We were trying to figure out if we should get that or Savanah Beige. It looks nice. My CA did say that it would look a bit orange but I wanted to go with something different. Wow.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST