BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
jayce
Private
Rep
Drives:

Just ordered MY09 135i Space Grey!!

this 135i is a prize from my dad for getting straight A's for the past 2 years, plus coming back alive from Iraq as a soldier (driver).
i can not describe how much research i did on cars for the past 1year, since this is my first car.

Infiniti G37, Lexus IS 350, BMW 328i, Lancer Evolution, Benz C300 were all in my considerations.
I have read almost every single reviews out there on each of these cars. I decided to go for performance and was seeking for the car that is best bang for the buck, especially in engine relating matter.
Eventually I ended up choosing the 135i after a long journey.

Not to mention the award winning engine, Jeremy Clarkson nailed the point by saying "135i is the best car BMW makes."

so this is my car

MY09 135i
Space Grey
Black Leatherette
Gray Poplar Trim
Sport Package
Steptronic

+ BMW PERFORMANCE KEYCHAIN!!! (http://www.bmw-online.com/BMWRA_prod...s1=&bplo=&bphi=)

i regret getting that :roundel: lol

MSRP - 39500
im paying full cash
800 discount under MSRP. (i know its not the best deal)
since there's only one dealership around this area, plus im in the middle of a semester, i coudnt afford to travel around seeking the best deal i can get.

from now on, im gonna shake my money maker to throw some mods on my baby monster.

tint, performance pedals, CSL Gunmetal/182 double spoke, sideskirt
is my plan.

anyway, im happy to join you 1addicts
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
sknsfan82
Private
Rep
Drives:

wondering why u didnt go through military sales congrats by the way
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
jayce
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknsfan82 View Post
wondering why u didnt go through military sales congrats by the way
im not american, and i believe the military thing is for US army only.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
sknsfan82
Private
Rep
Drives:

lol my bad
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #5
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
I don't think you have to be American to be able to use BMW Military sales, as a member of the U.S. military you qualify for the program and the discount is much worth it. I gave it a look see while I was stationed out in Okinawa, Japan on deployment (I'm a Marine and from Long Island, NY, so its nice to see a brother in arms on this site from the same state). Space Gray Metallic is a nice color, reminds me of a Bond car color. I personally switched from Crimson Red to Jet Black to finally Black Sapphire Metallic. I wanted Sparkling Graphite Metallic, but once they discontinued it for 2009 I felt disappointed. I so wanted to order one before they stopped making the '08s "Year One of the One." Oh, well at least I will finally have my one around Christmas. I looked into the 128i at first, nice car, they didn't have any showroom models in coupe form at BMW Honolulu when I checked, though I was already sold on the 135i. With a 128i you can really spec it out with options before you even reach the cost of a 135i. Maxed out even with BMW performance options it doesn't shoot past 43K. Just wanted to say hi and I hope you get back home soon soldier and great choice with picking a 1er
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #6
sknsfan82
Private
Rep
Drives:

I wanted SGM also and since they discontinued it i keep bouncing back and forth between space grey and moraco with military disount im no where near 40k with all my options.im still waiting for prices for military though Jayce hope you enjoy im jealous
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 10:36 PM   #7
jayce
Private
Rep
Drives:

Sparkling Graphite was definitely my first choice too. But I have seen the space grey in person and I must say it was quite appealing. The color had depth as much as the sparkling graphite.
But out of the color discussion, I wanted a 08 for the "Year of the One" thing too. But I'm still satisfied with the 09's as long they have they same engine
Appreciate 0