BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 30 25.21%
Trump Trump-umphant. 45 37.82%
Inclusive 10 8.40%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 37 31.09%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 5 4.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

09-24-2019, 07:01 PM   #1
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
The Impeachment Thread

We all know what's going on. The House Democrats decided to move forward with the initial steps to Impeachment hearings.

I will go on record here and I enjoin everyone else to do so:

This will end up being a big negative for Joe Biden, not Donald Trump.

After 2.5 years of being shelled by the media and democrats this latest chapter in the saga to get rid of Mr. Trump is a soft ball. When the inquiry moves to Joe Biden and Hunter's dealings including the threat of withholding around 1 Billion in aid if the Ukrainian government didn't fire the prosecutor investing Hunter, the real damage will occur. And for everyone in the previous administration, this will be a real shot across the bow.

Please answer the poll questions and proffer your opinion!

Cheers-mk

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Last edited by MKSixer; 09-25-2019 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 6
      09-24-2019, 07:04 PM   #2
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Will be yet another huge let down for the dems.
Hebrews 4:12
Appreciate 3
MKSixer14613.50
FCobra942399.00

09-24-2019, 07:10 PM   #3
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB RR

If this is anything like October '98 then you are absolutely right.

The only thing I am curious about is why they would declare these statements before seeing or hearing what the transcripts disclose tomorrow.

This may be the political equivalent of calling "uno" too soon and it winds up hurting you more than your opponent.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer14613.50
DonaldPump5866.00
N54Yankee1418.50

09-24-2019, 07:11 PM   #4
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post

The only thing I am curious about is why they would declare these statements before seeing or hearing what the transcripts disclose tomorrow.
If you're speaking about the House Democrats, you know why. This isn't your first rodeo.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 1
iconoclast3356.00

09-24-2019, 08:11 PM   #5
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
A few thoughts:
1. MK, You're using highly loaded language in your poll. You know better than that.
2. Will this simply be a Ukrainian investigation, or will Mueller report people spill over into it? Mcgahn Testifying would probably be a disaster for Trump.
3. If the charges are proven, will Republican senators pick country over party?
4. Will we value an intellectual exchange of thoughts over toxicity and name calling? I've got to admit, I'm not hopeful.
      09-24-2019, 08:24 PM   #6
LogicalApex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Quote:

This may be the political equivalent of calling "uno" too soon and it winds up hurting you more than your opponent.
What has been announced so far is an impeachment inquiry. Essentially, they are giving legal weight to the investigations they've been conducting thus far, but have only been met with stonewalling.

Based on the outcome of this inquiry and the connected investigations the house can then vote on Articles of Impeachment which will list specific charges on crimes they allege the President has committed. At that point the Senate can hold its own hearings on the charges and evidence presented from the house to determine if they see it as sufficient to convict and/or remove the President from office.

Irrespective of your political stance I can't see how anyone can be OK with the stonewalling from the White House in these congressional inquires. If there is nothing but a witch hunt occurring then the best thing to do would be to give the requested evidence then let it reveal the absurdity of the claims, but what has been done so far is setting very troubling precedents if left unchecked.

Unfortunately, our country seems to have descended into sports or something . Nothing seems to matter as long as the other team loses. Except... The only people losing is all of us .
Appreciate 5
Kzang3032.50
wdb1485.00
Clark_Kent1102.50

09-24-2019, 08:29 PM   #7
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Now that the entire unredacted conversation will be released the Democrats are not interested in it. They want the testimony of the whistle blower who was not privy to the conversation.

This country will not survive as long as one party actually puts themselves above the country.

I believe it is possible that the Tree of Liberty will be refreshed by the blood of Patriots. I never thought I would say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Irrespective of your political stance I can't see how anyone can be OK with the stonewalling from the White House in these congressional inquires. If there is nothing but a witch hunt occurring then the best thing to do would be to give the requested evidence then let it reveal the absurdity of the claims, but what has been done so far is setting very troubling precedents if left unchecked. matter as long as the other team loses.
He wanted to release the transcript from the beginning.

The only precedent here is the DemocRatic howling wolves trying to remove the President the people elected by trying (any failing) to put forth facts.
Appreciate 2
NickyC5232.50
MKSixer14613.50

09-24-2019, 08:29 PM   #8
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

What has been announced so far is an impeachment inquiry. Essentially, they are giving legal weight to the investigations they've been conducting thus far, but have only been met with stonewalling.

Based on the outcome of this inquiry and the connected investigations the house can then vote on Articles of Impeachment which will list specific charges on crimes they allege the President has committed. At that point the Senate can hold its own hearings on the charges and evidence presented from the house to determine if they see it as sufficient to convict and/or remove the President from office.

Irrespective of your political stance I can't see how anyone can be OK with the stonewalling from the White House in these congressional inquires. If there is nothing but a witch hunt occurring then the best thing to do would be to give the requested evidence then let it reveal the absurdity of the claims, but what has been done so far is setting very troubling precedents if left unchecked.

Unfortunately, our country seems to have descended into sports or something . Nothing seems to matter as long as the other team loses. Except... The only people losing is all of us .
      09-24-2019, 08:38 PM   #9
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Now that the entire unredacted conversation will be released the Democrats are not interested in it. They want the testimony of the whistle blower who was not privy to the conversation.
Who gives a shit what's in the actual conversation, I want to know what some loon thinks he heard second hand! That's what's important to the country, IMPEACH!!
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1418.50

09-24-2019, 08:39 PM   #10
NickyC
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Wrong, the only people losing are left wing radical loons and watching them lose over and over and over and over and over again has been fantastic. I can't get enough of it!
Appreciate 1
DonaldPump5866.00

09-24-2019, 08:42 PM   #11
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
The Democrat party is a huge embarrassment. To say it as President Obama might... They're popping off before they have the facts.

Considering I believe this will end up helping President Trump, I'd like to be happy about this move by the Democrats, but this outright attack on our very system of government is extremely disappointing. The Democrat party in my opinion is just a horrible institution at this point. Few things would make me happier than to see the American people (as Biden would say) beat them like a drum.

09-24-2019, 08:42 PM   #12
pennsiveguy
Shows initiative whenever directed to do so
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:

The impeachment escalation may be just gamesmanship. Might be that they're trying to counter the looming Biden shit-storm, hoping the impeachment ruckus will dislodge the Biden stories from the headlines. And given our lamestream media, they're probably right.
      09-24-2019, 08:45 PM   #13
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:

This country will not survive as long as one party actually puts themselves above the country.

I believe it is possible that the Tree of Liberty will be refreshed by the blood of Patriots. I never thought I would say that.

Quote:
Irrespective of your political stance I can't see how anyone can be OK with the stonewalling from the White House in these congressional inquires. If there is nothing but a witch hunt occurring then the best thing to do would be to give the requested evidence then let it reveal the absurdity of the claims, but what has been done so far is setting very troubling precedents if left unchecked. matter as long as the other team loses.

The only precedent here is the DemocRatic howling wolves trying to remove the President the people elected by trying (any failing) to put forth facts.
He also wanted to sit down with Mueller from the beginning? I greatly anticipate seeing the transcript.
      09-24-2019, 08:45 PM   #14
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
We learned the so-called "whistle blower" (that legally isn't one) doesn't even have first-hand knowledge of the phone call transcript. The real question is whom leaked the contents of suck a confidential call to this "politicly biased" person.
      09-24-2019, 08:49 PM   #15
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
We learned the so-called "whistle blower" (that legally isn't one) doesn't even have first-hand knowledge of the phone call transcript. The real question is whom leaked the contents of suck a confidential call to this "politicly biased" person.
If you don't know the person, how can you call them politically biased?
      09-24-2019, 08:51 PM   #16
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Quote:
I didn't call him/her politicly biased; the Inspector General did. 💡
      09-24-2019, 08:56 PM   #17
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
When? I haven't seen that.
      09-24-2019, 08:56 PM   #18
NickyC
Major General
Rep

Quote:
If we don't know the person, what he/she said, what's in the transcript, or what Trump said, how can we start an impeachment proceeding?

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

This is the most pathetic shit I have ever seen. Absolute rock bottom.
Appreciate 5
glennQNYC5425.50
Zugzwang1128.00
DonaldPump5866.00
MKSixer14613.50

09-24-2019, 08:57 PM   #19
LogicalApex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Quote:

Can you explain the exact process you are certain the Democrats are undertaking that would be to their sole advantage here? Even if we follow your thought train that the sole mission of that party is to "remove the President the people elected". How would this benefit Democrats? The President who would be put in his place would be Mike Pence who is also Republican. It wouldn't gain them any advantage.

In addition to this, the Democrats have not held a majority in the Senate during Trumps entire presidency so they have never had the votes to "remove the President the people elected". Our constitution lays out a specific process for removal from office and that can only occur in the Senate. So Trump has zero concerns unless he loses support of his own party in the Senate.

It is like we're on two different planets where some of us have, at least, read our Constitution and others off somewhere else. Living in an alternative reality.

We are supposed to have loyalty to our country, but not to our politicians. We should be holding them accountable, all of them, and demanding more transparency not less. Stonewalling like has been going on is a disservice to ALL of us.
Appreciate 4
      09-24-2019, 08:57 PM   #20
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:

The right isn’t losing they’re winning all the while the left does it’s damndest to sabotage the system every step of the way. False charges and disgusting claims about judges and other nefarious tactics. The wall is getting built, foreign intrusion is down, two SCOTUS Justices confirmed, many new fed judges on the bench, quite a few favorable decisions made in both courts and the they’re undoing many of obomas executive actions, economy is great and much more.
Things are pretty good for half the country. One of the best things is watching the left shoot themselves in the foot to try a win in 2020. You are right though, the left has done it’s best to halt the Presidents policy every step of the way. Thankfully they’re failing and looking real bad while doing it.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 09-24-2019 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer14613.50

09-24-2019, 09:00 PM   #21
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Quote:
If we don't know the person, what he/she said, what's in the transcript, or what Trump said, how can we start an impeachment proceeding?

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

This is the most pathetic shit I have ever seen. Absolute rock bottom.
This is the political equivalent of democrat party cumming in their pants purely because someone told them that a woman mentioned their name once.
      09-24-2019, 09:01 PM   #22
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
When? I haven't seen that.
This evening. The IG apparently said the pseudo whistleblower was politically biased and is a supporter of a Trump rival.