BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-15-2019, 06:04 AM   #1
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Philly Combat

Standoff, after six hours the suspect surrendered himself after they pumped tear gas into the house. Six cops shot, thankfully no fatalities, by a violent career criminal who has benefited from the revolving door justice of liberal policies.
Its much more an issue of the bad dude habitual offender then the inanimate tool, a gun.

It’s well passed time to keep these dangerous predators in prisons with sentences that coincide with the current crimes and past offenses factored in. These slap on the wrist sentences are killing Americans and these guys do not rehabilitate. The only ways they stop are they are killed by other street thugs or are finally given a life sentence which seldom happens. This guy will be walking out of a penitentiary one day and likely jump back into his old ways and usually the violence escalates. Time to stop ignoring the elephant in the room, these criminals won’t stop doing what they do and need to be warehoused behind bars.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-t...815-story.html
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 08-15-2019 at 06:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2019, 06:17 AM   #2
Delta0311
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

https://www.foxnews.com/us/crowd-of-...andoff-reports

While the cops were trying to take this asshole down, local neighborhood street trash was taunting and assaulting the officers with objects. This anti cop environment has been very much so created by the Democrats, who always stand with the scumbags when ever there is an incident involving a police shooting.
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 5
David0ff814.00
Now_Rudi5982.50
DieselOG1214.00
kent11202474.50

08-15-2019, 06:21 AM   #3
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Just heard that as well, disgusting behavior and a sign of the times. The future is bleak.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
Delta03117185.50

08-15-2019, 06:49 AM   #4
cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/crowd-of-...andoff-reports

While the cops were trying to take this asshole down, local neighborhood street trash was taunting and assaulting the officers with objects. This anti cop environment has been very much so created by the Democrats, who always stand with the scumbags when ever there is an incident involving a police shooting.
Meanwhile in Bronx NY, we have gone from throwing water at cops to throwing chinese food at cops trying to make an arrest. Disgusting.
Run Silent11743.50
MKSixer14477.50
Now_Rudi5982.50

08-15-2019, 07:50 AM   #5
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
While the cops were trying to take this asshole down, local neighborhood street trash was taunting and assaulting the officers with objects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Meanwhile in Bronx NY, we have gone from throwing water at cops to throwing chinese food at cops trying to make an arrest. Disgusting.
Funny - Never heard of these kind of things happening where I live.... of course, our local Chic-Fila and Krispy Kream both offer free meals to police officers every day.....so...

Of course, my county:

Washington County has always been a Republican stronghold. A Democratic candidate has never won the county in its history. The majority of the county did vote for third parties in the election of 1912, and The election of 1976 was very close. Gerald Ford narrowly won the county against Democrat Jimmy Carter. The Election of 1964 was also close, but Barry Goldwater narrowly won the county against Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson.

and my district:

Republicans (or their antecedents) have held the seat continuously since 1881 and for all but four years since 1859, while Democrats (or their antecedents) have held the congressional seat for all but eight years from when Andrew Jackson was first elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1796 (as the state's single at large representative) up to the term of Albert Galiton Watkins ending in 1859.
cmyx6go2067.50
NickyC5189.00

08-15-2019, 07:51 AM   #6
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I was aghast at seeing the water being thrown...now Chinese food?!?!! DeBLABIO needs to go. He needs to go NOW!

This great city will go back to pre-Giuliano crime levels a this pace.

What a cluster fk.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go2067.50
Now_Rudi5982.50
Delta03117185.50

08-15-2019, 08:52 AM   #7
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW F80

stop wasting Chinese food
#chinesefoodlivesmatters
Appreciate 3
Delta03117185.50
scostu1062.00

08-15-2019, 09:09 AM   #8
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
of course, our local Chic-Fila and Krispy Kream both offer free meals to police officers every day.....so...
This really true? I would have thought it goes against anti corruption/bribery laws.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 09:40 AM   #9
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
This really true? I would have thought it goes against anti corruption/bribery laws.
Vast majority of restaurants in the area will offer free or discounted food for police and first responders here.

Why would that be corruption or bribery?

Definition of Bribery: Bribery is the act of giving or receiving something of value in exchange for some kind of influence or action in return, that the recipient would otherwise not offer. Cops are going to help each person in the community no matter what. Not sure why having a belly of french fries would matter?

Definition of Corruption: In general, corruption is a form of dishonesty or criminal activity undertaken by a person or organization entrusted with a position of authority, often to acquire illicit benefit, or, abuse of entrusted power for one's private gain. Not sure a restaurant selling fried chicken constitutes a 'position of authority', nor to do I see how helping local law enforcement can be considered an illicit benefit?

08-15-2019, 09:43 AM   #10
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Value, frequency, and specificity probably render them moot. If I see a cop in front of me or behind me I generally buy their meal in the drive through, the few times I go into one.

My daughter's words from when she was very young still ring true: Nothing good for you to eat is handed through a window at a restaurant.

Appreciate 1
Run Silent11743.50

08-15-2019, 09:44 AM   #11
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
In addition, this is done all over the country on the regular. Not that rare:

https://www.raytownschools.org/domain/1614

https://www.badgediscounts.com/restaurants.html

https://livingonthecheap.com/first-r...acaroni-grill/

https://www.wral.com/saying-thank-yo...oday/17834796/

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/feature...026-story.html

https://www.ajc.com/lifestyles/shane...SGIfLSRApC8XP/

08-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #12
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Vast majority of restaurants in the area will offer free or discounted food for police and first responders here.

Why would that be corruption or bribery?

Definition of Bribery: Bribery is the act of giving or receiving something of value in exchange for some kind of influence or action in return, that the recipient would otherwise not offer. Cops are going to help each person in the community no matter what. Not sure why having a belly of french fries would matter?

Definition of Corruption: In general, corruption is a form of dishonesty or criminal activity undertaken by a person or organization entrusted with a position of authority, often to acquire illicit benefit, or, abuse of entrusted power for one's private gain. Not sure a restaurant selling fried chicken constitutes a 'position of authority', nor to do I see how helping local law enforcement can be considered an illicit benefit?

I get the essence of it - supporting local law enforcement, showing appreciation etc.

However, I think it's open for abuse also. Let's say i had a restaurant in a rough area. I would absolutely offer free or discounted food for law enforcement. It would essentially be heavily discounted security for me with police constantly walking in & out.

Also maybe some police officers, may feel more inclined to patrol the area of free food as a subconscious effort to 'pay back' the generous business. Potentially other areas get less patrols & unintentionally neglected.

If i was a police officer i might even be offended to be offered free food as i would be a salaried & tax paying citizen like everyone else.

On the fence on this one.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 12:22 PM   #13
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

I feel terrible for the good, honest hard working people who are forced to live in these areas due to economic conditions. Life is so unfair.
Appreciate 4
N54Yankee1401.50
MKSixer14477.50
minn195684.00

08-15-2019, 01:11 PM   #14
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Ive driven through some of these Philly areas a couple times, usually when we go to the Army/Navy games. They’re know as the heroin capital of the area. Residents of Jersey and NYC often go there to score. I’ve worked in the South Bronx and Harlem back in the 80’s under dangerous Dinkins admin and I think these Philly ghettos are worse.

I also feel for the good folks trapped there.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14477.50

08-15-2019, 01:17 PM   #15
David0ff
Combined Applications Group
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lada Scrapus Trofeo R

The police interfering with a didntdonafingbro is racist,oppressive and triggers the neighborhood.
      08-15-2019, 01:20 PM   #16
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Ive driven through some of these Philly areas a couple times, usually when we go to the Army/Navy games. They’re know as the heroin capital of the area. Residents of Jersey and NYC often go there to score. I’ve worked in the South Bronx and Harlem back in the 80’s under dangerous Dinkins admin and I think these Philly ghettos are worse.

I also feel for the good folks trapped there.
And to make things, "better", crack cocaine is said to be making a comeback and that specific area is the epicenter of the resurgence. Ugh. :thumb down

This is what is so perverse about the entire war on the police from certain sectors of our general population as well as politicians. The only hope to wrest control of the blighted areas back from the criminal elements with the help of who? Repeat after me boys and girls: the Police.

But the perverse thinking and actions that have occurred around the police have caused the populations to see the police as the enemy rather than the criminal population. This is a deep issue and all sides must work to confront this perversion, discuss it, and replace it with rational thoughts and behavior from both sides.

The only time I can stand to (approximately) quote any of Jesse Jackson's words are this, "The danger in the black community comes not from outside but inside and is called the BBB...the Bad Black Brother and we must stop supporting/protecting them."

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 04:22 PM   #17
vreihen16
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
I don't know where that information came from. The NYC morning TV news featured two citizens of that Philly neighborhood praising the police for their work in ending the standoff. Faux News having a bias in their coverage?

Quote:
However, I think it's open for abuse also. Let's say i had a restaurant in a rough area. I would absolutely offer free or discounted food for law enforcement. It would essentially be heavily discounted security for me with police constantly walking in & out.
I have a funny story about this very topic. A former co-worker of mine had an elected position in a small city, and part of his post was serving as police commissioner. The most dangerous business in that entire city was Dunkin Donuts, and even free coffee/food for uniformed police would not make the police visit that store. As commissioner, he actually had to issue written orders for every officer in the force to visit the store at least once per day as part of their patrols. He laughed about the irony of being the only person in history who had to ORDER cops to go to a donut shop.....
      08-15-2019, 04:40 PM   #18
Delta0311
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I don't know where that information came from. The NYC morning TV news featured two citizens of that Philly neighborhood praising the police for their work in ending the standoff. Faux News having a bias in their coverage?

I have a funny story about this very topic. A former co-worker of mine had an elected position in a small city, and part of his post was serving as police commissioner. The most dangerous business in that entire city was Dunkin Donuts, and even free coffee/food for uniformed police would not make the police visit that store. As commissioner, he actually had to issue written orders for every officer in the force to visit the store at least once per day as part of their patrols. He laughed about the irony of being the only person in history who had to ORDER cops to go to a donut shop.....
https://nypost.com/2019/08/15/distur...phia-shooting/

https://www.dailywire.com/news/50663...-prestigiacomo

https://www.insideedition.com/some-o...f-gunman-55279

Yeah Fox is making it up
Just because the libs want to make believe this shit does not gone does not mean it is not happening.

Look at these two upstanding citizens offering their thanks..

First link has video as well.
Attached Images

You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Last edited by Delta0311; 08-15-2019 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 4
vreihen16597.50
N54Yankee1401.50
cmyx6go2067.50
David0ff814.00

08-15-2019, 05:30 PM   #19
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
And to make things, "better", crack cocaine is said to be making a comeback and that specific area is the epicenter of the resurgence. Ugh. :thumb down

This is what is so perverse about the entire war on the police from certain sectors of our general population as well as politicians. The only hope to wrest control of the blighted areas back from the criminal elements with the help of who? Repeat after me boys and girls: the Police.

But the perverse thinking and actions that have occurred around the police have caused the populations to see the police as the enemy rather than the criminal population. This is a deep issue and all sides must work to confront this perversion, discuss it, and replace it with rational thoughts and behavior from both sides.

The only time I can stand to (approximately) quote any of Jesse Jackson's words are this, "The danger in the black community comes not from outside but inside and is called the BBB...the Bad Black Brother and we must stop supporting/protecting them."
Crack back, I heard that today and was surprised. Itís a much more dangerous drug as far as damage to others. Junkies shoot up heroin and crash for ten hours and usually donít need a fix for a day or so and now itís so cheap. Crack is chasing that dragon every 2o minutes or so and more expensive then smack. They also are wired and crazy. Forcing them into crime much more often and more violent crimes at that.
Iíd like to think that both sides can come together and work as a normal society but call me cynical, I donít see it happening anytime in the future. Itís getting exponentially worse year by year. Of course itís just a select minority doing this shit but itís horrific and itís contagious. I donít know but maybe start with keeping that small bad seed minority from infecting the youth by putting the bad elements away for much longer then the slap on the wrist sentences they often get.
Jackson,BBB, thatís about the only thing he ever said that I can agree with.
I like to listen to Larry Elder( among others)that guy has it figured out as do you. The BBB call him a Tom, itís sad.
Next weíll address the fucked up white segment of our American village.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14477.50

08-15-2019, 08:50 PM   #20
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:

Quote:
below is a tweet from the scene, Ms Hoff is a CBS reporter (WKYB Philly). Hoff provided one of the videos carried by FOX clearly showing this craven behavior. CBS has since deleted the video from their site. NBC reported extensively on the night-long standoff but never mentioned the abuse the cops had to endure while risking their lives (literally) to protect the community.
"Faux" News (how original) didn't make this up, nor did they embellish it in any way. In fact, the story accompanying the video came from the AP, not FOX.
MSM quickly decided that this part of the story did not fit The Approved Narrative so they spiked it.
So it never happened.
Winston Smith would have understood this....perfectly.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
vreihen16597.50
cmyx6go2067.50
MKSixer14477.50

08-15-2019, 09:21 PM   #21
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Funny - Never heard of these kind of things happening where I live.... of course, our local Chic-Fila and Krispy Kream both offer free meals to police officers every day.....so...

Of course, my county:

Washington County has always been a Republican stronghold. A Democratic candidate has never won the county in its history. The majority of the county did vote for third parties in the election of 1912, and The election of 1976 was very close. Gerald Ford narrowly won the county against Democrat Jimmy Carter. The Election of 1964 was also close, but Barry Goldwater narrowly won the county against Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson.

and my district:

Republicans (or their antecedents) have held the seat continuously since 1881 and for all but four years since 1859, while Democrats (or their antecedents) have held the congressional seat for all but eight years from when Andrew Jackson was first elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1796 (as the state's single at large representative) up to the term of Albert Galiton Watkins ending in 1859.
Too bad no one wants to live there.And Barry Goldwater-what a cool guy
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 09:28 PM   #22
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Quote:

Of course, my county:

and my district:

Too bad no one wants to live there.And Barry Goldwater-what a cool guy
Hey! Barry Goldwater was actually a good guy. But nowadays they would probably call him a liberal.......