BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-16-2021, 05:53 PM   #1
khox10
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1 Series E87 123d

Problems About updating the Bmw Idrive

Hello, i am new to this forum so i apologies in advance if i am breaking the rules by posting here..

So i have recently bought a BMW 1 Series E87 (2011) which came with a Idrive System from the BMW but i have noticed that the system was never updated, so i went online and since i have never ever owned a BMW i didnt know how to update it, so i went online and searched how to do it, and i came acros the official BMW update website. Now here is where my problem starts.
I went to this website www.bmw.com/update and when i typed in my VIN there is this message showing "An error has occurred. Please try again later".

Anyone know what this means, and can somebody help me on resolving it ?

i`ve atached a picture.

thank you alot !

P.s Sorry for my grammar mistakes if any, since English is not my first language. Thank you !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 12:16 AM   #2
Kri
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Hello and welcome

First of all it would be good to know which system you do have exactly, which build year is it, and which system ?
Is it factory installed or retrofitted ? , Updates (for Combox) can only be downloaded for factory installed systems.
A Screenshot of the main menue page would be great.

You need to differentiate between a Software Update (operating System) and Maps Update.

On E Series Cars Software Updates for the System itself can only be done via special software from BMW by directly connecting Hardware to the device, not simply via USB.
If you want to update this best is to check out for a good coder near you who can do this.

the only exception is if you have a COMBOX installed, for this is a "update" available that can be installed via USB to update the mobile phone profiles support.

If you want to update your maps there are serval different possibilities depending on your car.

Kri
Appreciate 0