BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-26-2021, 12:57 PM   #1
EvilemX8
Rep
Drives: 2015 Yas Marina Blue M3

How to remove Sports button, DCT shifter, DCT shifter plastic plate, DCT shift boot?

Trying to mod the center console area of my 2012 DCT 135i, and have some questions on how to remove things:

-Tried to remove Sports button to repaint/relocate it, removed the 2 screws but scared to push it out anymore, seems like I need a TON of force / might break something.

-Can't find much documentation on how to remove the DCT shifter so I can replace the leather shift boot with a custom one, I think some people said to just "pull up" on it but I want to be sure

- Also want to see if I can pop off the little plastic plate that indicates Park,Reverse,Neutral,Drive etc. as seen on this pic by another member, seems like its held in with 3 plastic tabs on the back side of the chrome shifter trim but I also want to be sure - Looking to buy a new one without buying the entire shifter assembly.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/atta...1&d=1373606338

Any help is appreciated, thank you!
Appreciate 0