BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-27-2019, 07:57 PM   #1
wmb007k
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

BMS COWL FILTER smoking under hood

Hi, I just installed the BMS Cowl Filter. I poured a cup of water from the windshield and there was steam coming from the engine compartment (underneath the hood) near the windshield. Is this normal? It seems like water is falling directly into the engine bay rather than to the sides.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 09:16 AM   #2
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmb007k View Post
Hi, I just installed the BMS Cowl Filter. I poured a cup of water from the windshield and there was steam coming from the engine compartment (underneath the hood) near the windshield. Is this normal? It seems like water is falling directly into the engine bay rather than to the sides.
If you deleted the cowling, that's to be expected. Don't intentionally pour water down there though, it's not meant to be there and you could crack an exhaust manifold.