BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-01-2019, 07:39 PM   #1
nikica
You don't need that, it's only for safety..
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i / 2002 M3 /1970 2002

Money Pit -__-

Whatsup guys!

Going to replace the the valve cover, gasket, vent hose, & upgraded RB PCV once it comes in the mail this week. Was wondering if there is anything else I should replace or do while I'm there...? Also is there any better alternative for a valve cover than the plastic one for a reasonable price? seems like they're always breaking and the only alternative is another plastic one...

Not sure if I'm the only one but my car always has some sort of problem. My check engine light is almost always on and I'm always very on top of my maintenance and performing 5k oil changes. Im a huge proponent of upgrading parts once they break and replacing parts as a preventative if I'm already there doing another repair.

I also have the following codes:
29el
29ce
29f4
29f5
2aaf

Ive had so many issues with fuel on this car it's insane. Already replaced injectors, low pressure fuel pump, and fuel control module. Now it looks like I may need to replace the high pressure fuel pump... car runs and drives fine and I currently have no light on the dash but I need to smog soon and obviously won't pass under current circumstances. Going to take care of the valve cover job first and see what happens with the codes first.

Last edited by nikica; 05-01-2019 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 0