BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-22-2015, 06:36 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Exclamation No pictures, No FS ad!!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
No pictures, No FS ad!!

Please use real pictures of the parts you are trying to sell. Not interweb photos.

Please abide. Your FS thread WILL be deleted and infraction points given.

Multimedia Tips
How to put an image in your signature: http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3031
Just a quick reminder to everyone, when you want to post images to the forum, I highly suggest you use the attachment feature to directly post them on the forum rather then link the from a free image hosting site.

Why? Well, I know I always get frustrated when I open an old thread only to see red Xs all over the post; This happens because the thread was old and the images were removed from the original hosting site.

I probably shouldn't encourage using the forum attachments as it sucks up major bandwidth and harddrive space, but I don't care I know its more useful to everybody out there when the images are actually viewable.

So by all means, attach away, when our harddrive fills up, we'll just buy more harddrive space!

Misc.
Bimmerpost allows you to NOMINATE items to be featured on the homepage as a news item or as a Car of the Month. In order to nominate a thread do the following:
Open the thread in question
Goto the toolbar on the top righthand side of the page labelled 'Bimmerpost submissions' and now you can recommend this thread as a news feature or as a car of the month! You all should use it, most of the car's of the month are decided by your votes!
We've added a twitter page under the name 'bimmerpost' ( http://twitter.com/bimmerpost) so for all the twitter addicts out there just choose to follow our feed and when we post new news items onto the homepage they will get added to our twitter feed as well.
We also have a facebook page, located at http://www.facebook.com/bimmerpost

Post Reporting and Account Rules
We cannot possibly read every single post made on the forum but we do review every single reported post. Please REPORT ( - Icon located in the bottom left corner of every post ) any posts you think are violating the forum rules
Here are some basic rules to keep this forum a fun place for everyone.

1) Respect. By far the most important rule here. Through the generations of BMW, enthusiasts have come together for the love of the car and the community. So the basic rules of real life apply here, show each other respect and you will get respect as well. Don't bash someone else here because you feel like it. Derogatory or insulting remarks will not be tolerated. This applies to all corners of the site - including posts, profile visitor messages, and thread tags.

2) Search. These forums tend to accumulate knowledge, and so when you have a question do a simple search first. Alot of times, the best answers will be found in old threads that have gone over the topic in detail. If you can't find your answer or are still unclear, then by all means don't be afraid and post your question.

3) Disagree, don't attack. Disagree on topics, but try to leave it at that. Just because you don't like someones opinion on the car's engine, doesn't mean you should call him and his mother all sorts of names Disagreements are awesome, and you should call someone on something you don't agree with, but don't go out of your way to insult and flame someone. Please consider if you would say to someone's face the same thing you are posting.

4) Help. Be helpful, we are all probably here because of a question and people will go out of their way to help you. Try to do the same if you have the answer to a question posted. BMW-E90 enthusiasts have to stick together. If you think not telling others about some technical info you have will make you and your car unique and prefer to be unique rather than share this information, then this forum is not for you. Help each other with questions and answers and I guarantee you, one day it will pay you back on here.

5) Offtopic in Offtopic forum. Well this should be self explanatory

6) Make suggestions in the suggestions forum. We promise to do our best to accomidate your suggestions. We've made so many changes around here already based on people's feedback and we love doing it, its part of the fun for us !

7) Post in the correct forum this is especially important for our new members. Our community is divided into different forums for a reason, it helps to keep the posts organized and on-topic. If you have a post asking a question about purchasing a new car, or what option to get, etc, please post in the New Car section not in the photo gallery for example. This will help ensure you get the correct and meaningful answers to your question and will keep the site more focused for our veteran users.

8) No Commercial Posts or Activity We have very strict Anti-spam policies here and we will be deleting posts/banning users without notice when the post is a commercial post made by a non community sponsor. If you happen to see these types of posts on the forum, we urge you to report these members to us. Commercial/advertising usernames, signatures, avatars, etc. are reserved strictly for site sponsors.

9) CLASSIFIEDS RULES.
NO THREAD CRAPPING - DO NOT go into a member's for sale thread and post off-topic or critical comments or try to sell your own item in another member's classifieds threads. DO NOT go into a sponsor's classifieds thread and do the same. These threads are protected from any mention of other competing products, complaints, criticisms. There is a vendors' feedback forum for such purposes.

10) NO NSFW (Not-Safe-For-Work) AVATARS or SIGNATURES.

11) NO NUDITY ALLOWED.

12) DOUBLE / SECONDARY ACCOUNTS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Only one account is allowed per member.

13) NO RACISM ALLOWED. No posts which disparage any groups based on race or religion allowed. Most people who decide to post racist and hateful posts follow-up with some diatribe on freedom of speech. Please remember this is a BMW forum designed for all BMW fans, regardless of race, religion or any other difference. Period. The End.

Of course we reserve the right to ban/restrict members in accordance with these community rules, hopefully it never comes to that tho!

These rules will be enforced but only to improve everyones stay here In the end, we're all enthusiasts here, so help each other out !

Appreciate 10
      06-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #2
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
No pictures, No FS ad!!

Please abide.
I'd make this a sticky !

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 11:58 AM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
I'd make this a sticky !

It IS already a sticky.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 12:15 PM   #4
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
I'd make this a sticky !

It IS already a sticky.
Perfect!

Doesn't show up on iOS sry.

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #5
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 01:42 PM   #6
highbrowed
Boost Addict
Rep
Drives: 135i 6MT w/ N54 Delete

thank you for this..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 02:33 PM   #7
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by highbrowed View Post
thank you for this..
Your welcome guys!

It still amazes me how much these guys bitch when I cite them in the last fews days for having no pictures. Guys keep reporting the FS threads with no pics and I will cite them and delete them - until they comply.

Dackel
Appreciate 3
      06-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #8
DietTab
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Your welcome guys!

It still amazes me how much these guys bitch when I cite them in the last fews days for having no pictures. Guys keep reporting the FS threads with no pics and I will cite them and delete them - until they comply.

Dackel
It's not the place of the moderator to make up rules for a section or the site. That's an admin function. Have the admin post rules, until then you're out of bounds. If the reports bother you, start suspending accounts for misusing the report function - as that is not its purpose either.
      06-26-2015, 12:47 AM   #9
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietTab View Post
It's not the place of the moderator to make up rules for a section or the site. That's an admin function. Have the admin post rules, until then you're out of bounds. If the reports bother you, start suspending accounts for misusing the report function - as that is not its purpose either.
Stop whining. Practically every car forum in existence has this rule, and then some.

Thanks Dack.
      06-27-2015, 01:40 AM   #10
cbl117
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 335i

Thanks Dack!

CURRENT: 2013 TSM 335i 6AT | Stock!!...for now |
SOLD: 2010 CR 135i 6MT | 351 WHP 387 WTQ | Dinan Stage 2 | Dinan Intercooler | BMS DCI | Berk Street Axle Back | N55 Midpipe | BMWP Y-Pipe | Bilstein HD Dampers | BMWP Springs | Whiteline RSFB Inserts | 225/255 RE71R | CDV Delete | CF Diffuser |
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2015, 03:20 PM   #11
Pissoff
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08, 128i e88

Quote:
No pictures, No FS ad!!

Please abide.
Can you please add the picture must be actual, not a stock photo from the web. Not an actual pic how do we know if they really have what they say.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #12
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
Can you please add the picture must be actual, not a stock photo from the web. Not an actual pic how do we know if they really have what they say.

Thank you
That is the way I have been enforcing it. Its pretty much common sense to have a real pic of the item you are trying to sell. There are only a few FS threads that I have let slide... bc the parts they are selling are kind of hard to photograph like DP's or mid pipes. As long as I see they are trying with a real photo... I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But any ad with no photos will incur an infraction and get deleted be me.

Some members wanted the forum members user name written on something IN the photos posted in the FS thread. I think that's a little too much.

I just hope forum members keep posting real pictures and keep things legit here. It is all up to YOU guys to report the offenders. Just send me a PM or report the posting via the red flag under the user's name.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 05:11 PM   #13
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
What prompted me was the wheel and tire add for bfg r-1 and apex arc 8 fs.
PM me the link(s)... I will take a look-see.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 03:12 PM   #14
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

PLEASE remember guys... No pictures posted in your FS ad and I will delete it!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 01:52 PM   #15
squidge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1997 Porsche 911

Seems like 50%+ of the ads here are missing photos. I've reported a few, but some more proactive enforcement both by mods and community members would be really nice for everyone. Zero excuse to not have photos of your stuff in 2016.

If you have trouble uploading your photos using the forum's internal hosting, which has some annoying dimension and file size restrictions, try one of these:

1) an OS-based resizing tool, such as https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/ for Windows.
2) A cloud-based resizing tool, such as http://resizeimage.net/ . Scaling your photo down by 50% should do the trick.
3) imgur.com as an alternative hosting site

You'll have better luck selling your stuff, and buyers won't have to say, "Hey lazy bones, can I actually see what you're selling?"

Finally, if you see an ad without photos, report it. The icon is just to the left of the appreciate button, and your reason can simply be "no photos."

Last edited by squidge; 06-22-2016 at 03:07 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-22-2016, 04:07 PM   #16
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidge View Post
Seems like 50%+ of the ads here are missing photos. I've reported a few, but some more proactive enforcement both by mods and community members would be really nice for everyone. Zero excuse to not have photos of your stuff in 2016.
All you guys need to do is send me a PM or click the yellow flag to report that posting/thread. I'll do my best to take care of it.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 09:04 AM   #17
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
You're correct, in 2016 there is no excuse for not having a photo of something, but that's far from the problem. The problem is Bimmerpost. The mobile app is buggy when uploading photos and that's frustrating after you've typed out 2-3 paragraphs on a smartphone. The current internet platform also has a fairly small size constraint for photos. Any photo taken on a smartphone within the last 4-5 years will be larger than what this website allows.

But the biggest problem of all is that there is no built in auto resize feature on the desktop platform which means that each photo must be resized to be within the pixel and size limits manually.

Example of what that means for the user: If I take a photo of a part on my phone and the mobile app doesn't work (doesn't upload photos) you must do the following:
1. Sync it to Google Drive or whatever "Cloud" backup system you use
2. Wait for the photos to sync to your cloud service
3. Download it to your PC/Mac
4. Resize it on your computer and hope it's within the KB and pixel restraints.
5. Recreate the thread you were trying to create on your mobile phone (but couldn't post because the photo upload didn't work)
6. Upload photos (again, hoping you got the pixel size under the limit and under the max KB)
7. Post thread.

This seems easy and straight forward but lets just step back a moment and realize that this is 2016, and as easy as it is to take a photo of something, it sure is a pain in the ass to get it on here.

My Advice:
-Clean up that mobile app!
-Implement an auto resize feature here. The mobile platform has it, why doesn't the desktop?
-Let's not immediately report posts without photos. I've typed up a thread on the mobile app many times only to get an error when I try to upload photos. So rather than discard the entire thread I just typed up with my 2 thumbs, I'd prefer to put a note saying that photos are on the way or will be uploaded tonight without having to worry about the damn thing getting reported.

Last edited by chris82; 07-13-2016 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 11:36 AM   #18
squidge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1997 Porsche 911

Bimmerpost doesn't write the forum software. vBulletin does. Your feedback about mobile-friendliness is right on, but getting that fixed is a bit more complicated.

For now, mobile users should probably host on imgur and link to their gallery. Or even better, use Google Photos and share a link directly from the app. Works wonderfully on both Android and iOS.
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2016, 12:13 PM   #19
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Bimmerpost doesn't write the forum software. vBulletin does. Your feedback about mobile-friendliness is right on, but getting that fixed is a bit more complicated.

For now, mobile users should probably host on imgur and link to their gallery. Or even better, use Google Photos and share a link directly from the app. Works wonderfully on both Android and iOS.
Yup, I meant vBulletin couldn't think of the name. Will try the link sharing next time
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #20
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Guys, remember to post (real)photos of what you are selling in your post. Do not post later, bc I will delete your post!

Posting a real picture is only fair to all parties - interested in selling/buying. Please feel free to report a FS thread you see without any photos.

Thanks,
Dackel
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 04:29 PM   #21
Jorgensen54
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW/AG 135i 6MT

Quote:
Guys, remember to post (real)photos of what you are selling in your post. Do not post later, bc I will delete your post!

Posting a real picture is only fair to all parties - interested in selling/buying. Please feel free to report a FS thread you see without any photos.

Thanks,
Dackel
I hope you make a "stock photo" exception for items that are New, In Box.
I'm not willing to tamper with seals for pictures.
      06-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #22
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgensen54 View Post
I hope you make a "stock photo" exception for items that are New, In Box.
I'm not willing to tamper with seals for pictures.
Take a picture of the box! ...along with your "stock photo".
Appreciate 0