BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-06-2019, 11:30 AM   #1
ProjektMayhem
MPOSTER
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135is

1M brake duct splitters?

Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, but I'm not even sure what these would be called exactly (I've seen the terms "canards", "aprons", and "splitters" used, sometimes a combination of them, so is there actually a name for them?). I really like the look of the 1M front bumper with the bottom lip of the side brake inlets in a contrasting color; preferably carbon fiber. I've seen a few vendor example pictures with this sort of thing done, but those pictures are always for some other part, so finding how it was accomplished has been impossible. The parts that I've been able to find only covered the front and bottom surfaces, and - while they look great - typically require that the sole mounting surface comes from self-tapping screws on the bottom of the bumper.

Here's a mockup that I threw together showing what I'm looking for using a vendor image (hence the lower-right blur; vendor is banned on this forum I believe):

The closest product I've been able to find was this, but doesn't cover the top surface:

I've seen some parts that claim to be what I'm looking for on sites like aliexpress, but I can never really tell if they're legitimate parts as they don't look like the correct shape to fit.

Are there any existing options for what I'm looking for, or would it be a better idea to do it myself via some 3M Di-Noc and a few layers of clear coat?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0